Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what kind of power u guys making

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm almost making that now and handle it pretty well on the street... My car Is not a DD it a weekend toy and see's the track pretty often...
Old 11-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

my bad, i must have mixed up posts...
if it's a track car...go nuts!

good luck.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Anymore opinions what can it make on stock heads with 15 psi...
Old 11-12-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were doing a 408 @ 15 psi Id say you might hit 800+ rwhp (depending on the compression of the engine), however a 364 @ 15 PSI would probably be in the 700rwhp-750rwhp range IMO.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What compression? I think 650-750 is gonna be what you'll see depending on the efficiency of your kit etc. Meth would help as well. Anything more than 700 on the street is pretty ridiculous. If you're not dipping into the 9s with that much power, you need to concentrate more on suspension upgrades.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting on the ls1 boards we always see the question how much power will I make at x pounds of boost. On the dsm boards most of us know that different turbos make very different power levels at the same amount of boost .Bigger turbos flow more air and its the air flow that determines the power.
Example you can run my little stock 97 talon turbo at 20psi and it won't make anywhere near the power that my big garett will make at 20psi. The reason is airflow.
The smaller turbo might be rated to flow max 25 pounds /min and the big one 65 pounds minute which works out to 650 engine hp on the big one and 250 max engine hp on the small one.
So put a big enough turbo on that car of yours with a 408 even with stock heads and can't see any reason you can't hit 850rwp at 15psi. No idea if the turbo you are looking at can do it. I am hoping to hit 850rwhp on m6 with possibly the standard aps twin turbos but do have good afr heads. Heads are going to make more power with less boost than standard heads or milder cam. Even better intake can help you make more power at lower boost. The rules of NA are not totall broken for FI. a stronger engine off the start is still going to be a stronger engine fi it will take less boost to make same power as the weaker one and it will hit a higher max power potentially as well.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Photochop;10468108]What compression? I think 650-750 is gonna be what you'll see depending on the efficiency of your kit etc. Meth would help as well. Anything more than 700 on the street is pretty ridiculous. If you're not dipping into the 9s with that much power, you need to concentrate more on suspension upgrades.[/QUOTEE]

I'm thinkin like a 9 to 1 compression...yea 650 to700 is bout the max I wanna make on the street but I wanna be able to turn it up some and get a little More out of it at the track u know like a race gas tune but I want it to be safe and if I will be pushing the reliability of the stock heads get over 800 then ill look into some afr or trick flow... I have the rear suspension to go nines that is not a problem...
Old 11-12-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you could go 9.5 like me especially if you are going to run alc injection those systems are pretty cheap relatively.

And if you have the money then go for some better heads. Then you won't be as limited and will make more power on and off boost and more power at less boost.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

very well put.

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Interesting on the ls1 boards we always see the question how much power will I make at x pounds of boost. On the dsm boards most of us know that different turbos make very different power levels at the same amount of boost .Bigger turbos flow more air and its the air flow that determines the power.
Example you can run my little stock 97 talon turbo at 20psi and it won't make anywhere near the power that my big garett will make at 20psi. The reason is airflow.
The smaller turbo might be rated to flow max 25 pounds /min and the big one 65 pounds minute which works out to 650 engine hp on the big one and 250 max engine hp on the small one.
So put a big enough turbo on that car of yours with a 408 even with stock heads and can't see any reason you can't hit 850rwp at 15psi. No idea if the turbo you are looking at can do it. I am hoping to hit 850rwhp on m6 with possibly the standard aps twin turbos but do have good afr heads. Heads are going to make more power with less boost than standard heads or milder cam. Even better intake can help you make more power at lower boost. The rules of NA are not totall broken for FI. a stronger engine off the start is still going to be a stronger engine fi it will take less boost to make same power as the weaker one and it will hit a higher max power potentially as well.

Quick Reply: what kind of power u guys making