Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How long with a MP T70 Live?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HydroStream6
I bought mine new in box from a member here... it was a T70. The car only had about 5-6 months of driving on it because of the weather up here, but it was over a "year" in time that had passed. I didn't pursue a warranty claim. I sold it on here as a bad unit for like $100 and bought a TC76.

Just my experience. I'm turned off of them for a while. If their reputation can get turned around in my eyes I might try one again someday, but I'd have to see a lot of good evidence. It did perform well while it worked FWIW. I already have a Garrett sitting on the shelf for my next project anyways.
Thank you

Last edited by ModularTurbo; 11-29-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Did it fail in warranty and if so did you return them, if so to Who? Did he take care of you?

To anyone that is posting about failures,

If you don't mind I would really like to know who you bought your unit from and if it failed during the warranty or not. Also I would like to know if you were given the run around on the warranty work. Masterpower and I are taking customer service seriously, which was not given the attention it deserved before I came on board, I want to clean up its image and I want to eliminate Dealers that aren't worth a $&%@. So if you could please add a little info. It would help me immensely.

Thanks,
Rob@modularturbo

PS if a shop ripped you off I wanna know who they are "KARMA is a mean BIT@&".
I bought mine from a reputable shop, but by the time I had my build complete, headers coated, and engine tuned well enough to put some real miles on the turbos, the year warranty had expired.

But a rebuild would do what? Give me another 1200 miles before they went south again?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by will62085
I bought mine from a reputable shop, but by the time I had my build complete, headers coated, and engine tuned well enough to put some real miles on the turbos, the year warranty had expired.

But a rebuild would do what? Give me another 1200 miles before they went south again?
Which shop? If anyone finds themselves in this situation call me I can help you.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Which shop? If anyone finds themselves in this situation call me I can help you.
Would have been good to know a year and a half ago...

Quick Reply: How long with a MP T70 Live?