Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2008 Z06 with Warhawk and ProCharger F-1C at EPP

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob-would your customer be interested in trading his F1C for like new F1R?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Sorry if I missed it, but whats the compression ratio on this motor?
It is in the 9.5/1 range. Bob
Old 12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by eb02z06@ChampionMotors
Bob-would your customer be interested in trading his F1C for like new F1R?
Thanks, but we'll probably use the F-1C on my Camaro. The F-1R that we now have on Jordan's car was initially going to be used on my Camaro in place of the F-1A that I had on it. I did some horsetrading for this new F-1R. With my 4 bolt heads the F-1R really would of been a waste of horsepower, as I would not be able to use all the boost that it would be capable of producing, and it would take more power to turn it. The really feel the F-1C is a better choice for my car, unless I end up with a 6 bolt combination. Bob
Old 12-07-2008, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98transguy
Jordan , u live in Fenton i see. I am 5 miles from brighton.So now i know where to see that red vette of yours screaming down us23.Awesome car u have,wish i had your motor in my car so it could make more than a measly 920 rwhp than it does now.Do u ever take your cars down to run at milan?If so maybe i can get a close up look of your car.
Wow, we are close by. We will have to meet up. I have only been to Milan a couple of times. I usually go to Mid Mich Motorplex or Lapeer because the waiting in line at Milan gets ridiculous.
Originally Posted by 1989k1500
Come up here, they have one at the loacal dealership. For a touch over 200K it can be yours. lol
Haha, I'm good on that. The ZR1 just isn't worth a nickel over sticker price to me. In fact, I think it's debatable if there is anything about the ZR1 that makes it even worth 100k. I do want one when the prices come down on them, but I'm not in a hurry. It's not like a ZR1 is going to be fast compared to my Z06.
Originally Posted by No Juice
Bob,
The pictures of Jesse's car was with an F2 so the SuperPulley had the larger bore for the F2 shaft. He also had to mill the pulley down to fit on the blower bracket, just a heads up.

I wanted to let you know that he has another SuperPulley new in the box with the smaller bore for the F1R because they sent him the wrong one the first time. Let me know if you want it, he wants to get rid of it.
Is Jesse using the ATI performance products Y body cog drive conversion kit? There has been talk about moving up to an F2 on my car. The article about his car in Car Craft mentions that he drives his car on the street a lot, so I'm very curious on how he set his car up so we could try something similar as far as the blower/belt setup.
Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
fenton? I live in oxford. we should meet up some time
Yeah, we should. I just spent a couple of weeks working in Oxford last year.
Originally Posted by 2MUCHBOOST
That car is just crazy. Wish I had the $ to do that with a brand new bad *** car to begin with. Killer build
Haha, yeah we got a little nuts with this one. I'm excited for the spring weather to hit.
Originally Posted by MFIC
The ATI kit is very well make. I just finished up there cog setup on my 03 Silverado SS with a F1R. I will be taking it out tomorrow for some shake downs. Its a lot like the Corvette Cog kit from ATI where the accessories and blower are all on the same cog belt. The blower sprag seem to be working well. I also went with 2 bypass valves to help during shifts and chopping the trottle to keep the belt alive.
So you just take the stock pulleys off and put the cog pulleys on and then you're done with it? Sounds pretty simple.
Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Sorry if I missed it, but whats the compression ratio on this motor?
9.4:1
Old 12-07-2008, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

wow man i cant wait to see this when it done!!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
wow man i cant wait to see this when it done!!
Neither can I. If we can get the cog drive to work, I really feel we'll make a lot more power than what most people are seeing out of the F-1R.
When we switched my Z28 over to the cog drive with the F-1A, the car rev'd so much faster on the dyno during dyno runs than it did with the eight rib belt. Ted said when driving my car that it pulled a lot harder than it ever did before.
Bob
Old 12-08-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Will do, thanks for the heads up. How has Jesse's cog set up been working out for him? Bob

Well after blowing a head gasket (30+psi) and a chunk of the head in the finals at SEMA last year the car has kinda sat. He's been working on some other projects but I think he's finally ready to put it back together. The kit is ok, there were some issues, but if its set up right it can work great. One problem is ATI sells the kit for y-bodies but there was no belt to fit it. I don't know if there are belts now or not but there was no 30mm cog belt in the correct length. You have to remember that F2 is one mean bitch, and pretty much tore all other parts off the front of the car, idler, water pump, alternator just to name a few.

He can go into more detail later.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

LOL! you guys are crazy in here..

Anyways it has 4.25 pulley for those that are interested.

Brent
Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brent@EPP
LOL! you guys are crazy in here..

Anyways it has 4.25 pulley for those that are interested.

Brent
Brent with the 10 rib and a 8" crank and 4.25" pulley we are having no belt slip issues. I even have 1 car with a 4.125 blower pulley and he too is seeing no slip. Maybe try pulling off the filter first to see if it makes a difference.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Bob,
The pictures of Jesse's car was with an F2 so the SuperPulley had the larger bore for the F2 shaft. He also had to mill the pulley down to fit on the blower bracket, just a heads up.

I wanted to let you know that he has another SuperPulley new in the box with the smaller bore for the F1R because they sent him the wrong one the first time. Let me know if you want it, he wants to get rid of it.
I'd probably buy that pulley from him. How do we contact him?
Well after blowing a head gasket (30+psi) and a chunk of the head in the finals at SEMA last year the car has kinda sat. He's been working on some other projects but I think he's finally ready to put it back together. The kit is ok, there were some issues, but if its set up right it can work great. One problem is ATI sells the kit for y-bodies but there was no belt to fit it. I don't know if there are belts now or not but there was no 30mm cog belt in the correct length. You have to remember that F2 is one mean bitch, and pretty much tore all other parts off the front of the car, idler, water pump, alternator just to name a few.

He can go into more detail later.
After talking with bob today I think we will just convert the F1R to a cog drive and see what happens.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

dang!!!! we need more oics and some video!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
8 Second Club

The cog would defintely be the ticket bro but I would see if ATI can make you an 80 tooth crank pulley. The 74 tooth and the 45 tooth blower pulley only give you a implellar speed of 62K at 7000 rpm, where a 80 tooth would put you at 67K.

I really hope the cog works out for you-I bet you pick up over a 100 rwhp with the cog.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by eb02z06@ChampionMotors
The cog would defintely be the ticket bro but I would see if ATI can make you an 80 tooth crank pulley. The 74 tooth and the 45 tooth blower pulley only give you a implellar speed of 62K at 7000 rpm, where a 80 tooth would put you at 67K.

I really hope the cog works out for you-I bet you pick up over a 100 rwhp with the cog.
I'm not sure about the crank pulley, but I know that ATI can make you whatever sprag blower pulley you want.

I didn't double check the math, but I think that 74 crank and 45 blower would be about right for the F1R. This motor revs to 7500 instead of 7k so we need a little extra room. The max impeller speed for the F1R is only 68k. 7500 rpm with 74-45 get you 66600 impeller speed where 80-45 would be 72k.

Last edited by Jorday; 12-08-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very anxious to see your results with the Sprag drive... remember you could always overboost/spin it, and use a wastegate and boost controller to bring boost down to your desired level. I believe, with this beast, you'll want to do this for boost by gear, just to get traction in the first 4 gears!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Very anxious to see your results with the Sprag drive... remember you could always overboost/spin it, and use a wastegate and boost controller to bring boost down to your desired level. I believe, with this beast, you'll want to do this for boost by gear, just to get traction in the first 4 gears!!!
So what are you saying? You don't think this will dead hook in 1st gear without a boost controller?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jorday
So what are you saying? You don't think this will dead hook in 1st gear without a boost controller?
LOL...that's kind of funny! Brent...too bad you didn't go to lunch! I bought, must have forgotten to tell you it was on me.
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Several people requested a comparison betweeen our F-1C and F-1R results. The overlay in the above dyno graph shows the two different blowers, #1 at the bottom is the F-1R, #2 is the F-1C. Please keep in mind that we needed to put a smaller blower belt on the F-1C and it was at this time that we also swapped out the F-1C for the F-1R. Since the belt needed to be shorter, this certainly is not a valid test between the two blowers. With that being said, with the shorter belt we still got excessive belt slippage with the F-1R. This engine brings the torque in so early, this may be part of the problem with why we are having belt slippage problems. We have not had this problem in the past with F-1C blowers on 402 cubic inch engines. Bob
Old 12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorday
I'd probably buy that pulley from him. How do we contact him?
He is morejuice on this forum and the vette forum. Do a search for his name and you will find other posts about his set up and how he got it to work with the F2.

I told him you might be contacting him.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

hey bob- have you checked the pressure drop across the i/c? I wonder if that is a problem at all (not sure, just asking) That is either massive belt slip or it is a big restriction the way it flattens out...???
Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rubbersidedown
hey bob- have you checked the pressure drop across the i/c? I wonder if that is a problem at all (not sure, just asking) That is either massive belt slip or it is a big restriction the way it flattens out...???
No we haven't checked the pressure drop. We are getting a lot of belt slip, and the inlet air temps stayed cool for us throughout the whole day on the dyno. Bob

Quick Reply: 2008 Z06 with Warhawk and ProCharger F-1C at EPP