Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PT88 Rearmount 408 (Longrange4u's LMR Build)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:05 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about one with the torque curve?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks alot for chimming in Josh... do you recall what timing you put into it? What about the Dyno with the Tq curve?

For everyone else... yes the tune is very mild (I think he said 42deg of timming) and they are being nice as my last car met with a tragic end... they just want to make sure I get to drive this one and have fun first. We are going to take it out the end of the month or begining of next month.. after we get some good runs and suspension tuned... we will see what it can do. Add some timing and boost (maybe up to 22#)...

If we hit a "glass celing" we will consider another turbo... S-85 or something along those lines. I will tell you guys that Josh and Steve and folks can work some great magic!!! LMR is the best in my book..

Josh... do you think a larger framed turbo could fit back there without effecting clearance??

Thanks again LMR!!

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Here is the Dyno graph. Like Jared said this is on a VERY conservitave tune. It has low timing and it can still be leaned out. I will try and get some pics of the custom front bumper we had done for Jared, but no longer has the grill.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:43 AM
8 Second Club

I assume you meant 12* timing!
Even looking at the hp curve and comparing to my posted graph I can tell something is not right with mine. Look at the mph numbers at the bottom. We ran mine to 7000 rpm, and it was hitting 105 mph, yours pulled to 138. Mine just seemed to be blowing right through the converter. Yours seemed to be pulling a lot better right on through.
It is fairly easy math, 7000 rpm, 1 to 1 in 3rd, 3.42 gears and 28" tires, would not equal 105.
Do they have the load option on the Dynojet? My pull was over in 1.5 seconds. I know I need a tighter converter.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:06 PM
9 Second Club

Not sure on the timming... My motor has waaaaay low compression (thinking 8.5:1~) I will let Josh or Steve answer up on that. I do have more cubes then you it seems... and our turbos are fairly different from what I know... a GT47-88 takes alot more to spin up then a PT-88 and factor in your smaller cubes... Maybe Jose will chime in on the turbos.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow this has given me alot of insite on my 408 rear mount setup! Just awesome setup.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man that is an awesome build. That sucks what happened to your old one. Well I am sure you wont be letting others drive this one. Good choice on the fuel system, cant go wrong with a Nate fuel system. Also good choice on tranny. Oh and for sure good choice with LMR. Well I am here in Hawaii and I have not had a chance to drive my Camaro since it was built. That more than 700rwhp camaro is sitting in Colorado waiting for a track here in Hawaii to get built. Thats ok I dont mind driving the Viper everyday. Well I am looking forward to seeing what yours can run. So have you dont anything with the Viper? If you ever make it down to Hawaii let me know.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by veee8
I assume you meant 12* timing!
Even looking at the hp curve and comparing to my posted graph I can tell something is not right with mine. Look at the mph numbers at the bottom. We ran mine to 7000 rpm, and it was hitting 105 mph, yours pulled to 138. Mine just seemed to be blowing right through the converter. Yours seemed to be pulling a lot better right on through.
It is fairly easy math, 7000 rpm, 1 to 1 in 3rd, 3.42 gears and 28" tires, would not equal 105.
Do they have the load option on the Dynojet? My pull was over in 1.5 seconds. I know I need a tighter converter.
That is why we run Neal Chance converters on all our high hp setups. Give me a call at the shop if you would like a quote on one. We have never had one issue with them and we sure do sell alot of them. Here are a few more pics of the new front bumper.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Before anyone asks, The intercooler is not mounted at an angle. It is actually sitting in the car square, but it has tapperd end tanks to make sure it has even flow across the vertical core.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Before anyone asks, The intercooler is not mounted at an angle. It is actually sitting in the car square, but it has tapperd end tanks to make sure it has even flow across the vertical core.
Was kinda wondering,looks like it has a smirk in its grin with those numbers its aloud to smirk.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
That is why we run Neal Chance converters on all our high hp setups. Give me a call at the shop if you would like a quote on one. We have never had one issue with them and we sure do sell alot of them. Here are a few more pics of the new front bumper.

I will second on the neal chance i went thru prolly 10 diff converters same thing when i got to 1100 to the rear it did not matter if we put more boost no mph increase just burt fluid. Drop the cash and take a chance
Old 01-21-2009, 07:04 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by pmbmax
I will second on the neal chance i went thru prolly 10 diff converters same thing when i got to 1100 to the rear it did not matter if we put more boost no mph increase just burt fluid. Drop the cash and take a chance
I will tell you guys... it was hard to spend that much on a converter, but after talking to so many people with one of two things... problems with converter slip, or a Neal Chance converter! hahaah so I went with the Chance.

Only a couple more weeks guys and the TX strips will open.. I will get some good numbers then!

Quick Reply: PT88 Rearmount 408 (Longrange4u's LMR Build)