Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LTx hangin in there :) New dyno vid and numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup....that turbo is insane. The only thing is size wise it would be a hell of alot harder to package. We love that turbo though and have had good sucess with it.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a very sexy looking turbo, especially the ones in the thread with the pictures and the new V-band inlet housings.... very sweet!

I am going twin HP6262/65?? billet ball bearing PT units I think the next time around, I think the single setup is definately more affordable however, the PT88 was a tad laggy for my tastes and the PT78 was just not quite enough. with a twin setup it seems there is alot more availability of various turbine wheel and compressor wheel combinations to accomodate and get the setup closer to what I was looking for. also the ball bearing option on the smaller units on the various other cars I have pushed to extremes with turbo seemed to hold up better over the long run, spool was negligable between the two but the BB seemed to take a bit more abuse.

I am hoping that the 62mm Billet wheel with its faster spool characteristics compared to the GT35R units and its higher HP potential will put me where I want to be. also twin wastegates and twin 3.5" DPs ought to help drop some back pressure and extend the power band a bit..

thoughts?

Chris
Old 02-04-2009, 05:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by lcvette
That is a very sexy looking turbo, especially the ones in the thread with the pictures and the new V-band inlet housings.... very sweet!

I am going twin HP6262/65?? billet ball bearing PT units I think the next time around, I think the single setup is definately more affordable however, the PT88 was a tad laggy for my tastes and the PT78 was just not quite enough. with a twin setup it seems there is alot more availability of various turbine wheel and compressor wheel combinations to accomodate and get the setup closer to what I was looking for. also the ball bearing option on the smaller units on the various other cars I have pushed to extremes with turbo seemed to hold up better over the long run, spool was negligable between the two but the BB seemed to take a bit more abuse.

I am hoping that the 62mm Billet wheel with its faster spool characteristics compared to the GT35R units and its higher HP potential will put me where I want to be. also twin wastegates and twin 3.5" DPs ought to help drop some back pressure and extend the power band a bit..

thoughts?

Chris

Chris those are good turbos indeed. Also check out the new HP62's from Tnetics. Their version as well....makes stupid power as well. We have had luck with both of those units....you won't be dissapointed.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Launching!

can you direct me to some info on them?

Thanks!

Chris
Old 02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by lcvette
can you direct me to some info on them?

Thanks!

Chris

Yup...call Jose...lol. He knows them like the knots on his head...
Old 02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just when I thought Ltx's was up **** creek without a paddle...u come and save us ! lol

Quick Reply: LTx hangin in there :) New dyno vid and numbers!