Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help with IAT sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can probably borrow a kit from Autozone. Their rental program is pretty nice for tools you only need occasionally. Just be sure to use plenty of lube on the tap and go slowly. It's not difficult.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i might have to do that. Thanks again for the help. With this sensor not plugged in to anything, would it maybe cause it to cut out between 5-6k ?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a good question. Your PCM uses 4 sensors to measure and adjust fuel mixture: MAF, IAT, and your 2 O2s. Perhaps more stuff as well, but those are the key sensors according to the info I found.
Since it is missing one of the sensors, it may be going into SD mode, IDK.
In the meantime, you can plug the sensor into the connector and ziptie it to the radiator. The reading won't be accurate, but it will get rid of your code (if it is one of those codes that goes away after 3 or so successful runs) and it will start to make more accurate adjustments.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just in case anyone else needs to know...i called pro charger today, they said buy the factory sensor, and take the sensor itself out of the push in grommet and it will go in the plastic screw in piece that comes with the pro charger kit, which threads in the hole. Saves having to tap it.

Quick Reply: need help with IAT sensor