Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS3/L76 intake VS L92 truck intake boosted

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS3/L76 intake VS L92 truck intake boosted

I know that the previous Gen III truck intakes fell flat up top, and considerable gains on the top end are seen when using a LS6 or a FAST setup. I have heard that the new Gen IV truck intakes on the L92 and LY6 motors are much better, and dont run out of breath so early. Has / does anybody run boosted with a GEN IV truck intake? I have the hood clearance, so if the truck intake works well with the turbo setup, I will keep it. I can put the money elseware! Thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The L76 car intake is probably a better design overall and you could find one pretty cheap - around $200. Plus the car intake looks 400,000x nicer Im assuming the new truck intakes would work semi-well with boost, any intake would work with boost for that matter, but for the price, look, and slight performance gain i'd just get the L76 on there.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with something else if you are worried about the intake running out of breath. Many guys on this forum have switched to the carb style intakes due to the L76 peaking around 6k. Although those are NA, it could do better being pressurized. Depending on how high you want to wind the intake I would reconsider. And yes the truck intake is fugly. My roomate has been trying to get rid of one for ages

Quick Reply: LS3/L76 intake VS L92 truck intake boosted