Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

In the situation again of either procharger d1 or 76mm turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I ran a D1 on my 383 LT1, made 648 RWHP on the pump and 722 RWHP on the fast gas, In theory it was said that it was taking app 100-150 HP to turn the supercharger at WOT due to the parasitic drag, I am now going turbo, if this is a true statement then 750 RWHP on pump should be attainable, Granted the turbo piping is much more complicated but then there is no belt slippage, and the cost of belts. I had to run a 12 rib set up and you could only purchase the belts from Procharger, I even called gates mfg and they said that particular size was propriatery especially for procharger now at $100 bucks a pop it got expensive and not to include the time you had to wait to get the belt, any minor misalignment and the belt will be gone in a matter of seconds after start up..Its all up to the individual. I will have a full report when I am done to discuss all of the pros and cons that I will endure with my new setup, track and street..Stay tuned....
Old 02-09-2009, 08:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by candlelit
Josh is making a manifold now that retains the a/c??? or you mean APF?
Yes, Josh is doing it. My new kit is keeping the A/C.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by candlelit
didn't Bryan make a custom manifold log for it on the passenger side? I know you all moved the battery to the back, but what about the alternator? and still have stock k member?
Yes, he made a log style for the pass. side, and kept the stock driver manifold. The AC is in the stock spot, and the alternator is in the stock spot. I am glad I grabbed it when I did. All I had to move was the battery, and the traction control. Both were very easy. Also, I have the stock K-member.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

COst beneficial in the end would be turb0.... FInd sumone to weld and go all out...
Old 02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's nothing much to welding though right? I mean, if you can & know how to do your own exhaust welding (catback, y pipe, etc) then aren't you welding almost the same type of steel?

Quick Reply: In the situation again of either procharger d1 or 76mm turbo