Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kentucky Turbo Build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i finally got the exhaust ran and i just have a few questions on deciding on a muffler, the only muffler i have tried so far is the moroso spiral flow race muffler and it quitened it down pretty good and sounds decent but i am just wonder if the spiral flow design is no good for a turbo car and was just wondering how it would compare to like a dynomax bullet of some kind?

Here are some pics of the design..

Old 03-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

NVM i just got a bullet on there instead of the spiral.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Finally i got the car pretty much finished i just have to go get it tuned and dynoed, after a month on waiting on fenix999 to send me the alternator relocation kit i gave up and ordered the speed inc relocation kit which seems to be a really nice kit and works good but now the dam water gauge is all screwy and i cant figure out whats wrong with it, i have replaced the sensor twice but i guess its something else, sometimes it wont work at all and other times it fluctuates up and down and the cars rpm will fluctuate too and sometimes die, soo im pretty much stumped and was wondering if anybody has any ideas????
Old 04-28-2009, 06:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If everything fluctuates, I'd say its a ground issue. Another question for you, did you disconnect the battery when you were welding?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

So i drove the car around today and dang does it feel good to drive it again, everything seems to be good to go, hopefully i can try to get it scheduled to get tuned and dynoed at Atlanta performance fabrications. Here are the complete pics with the exhaust, cut out the front bumper and the speed inc alternator relocation kit, ill def try to get dyno videos.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
If everything fluctuates, I'd say its a ground issue. Another question for you, did you disconnect the battery when you were welding?
thanks for the reply but it looks like i got it fixed today, the plug for the temp sensor was worn out so i just bent the little pins inside it to make a better connection
Old 04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build.... It was reading 16#'s of boost at the track? Did you get that fixed?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Teching In

I am ***** deep into my kit right now just trying to bolt up the 6.0L manifolds. drivers side will work but did you have any clearance issues on the passenger side there is no way it will fit my car without subframe mod

If that link works that stud crushes the line when it is even half screwed in :S
Old 05-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by calgaryls1
I am ***** deep into my kit right now just trying to bolt up the 6.0L manifolds. drivers side will work but did you have any clearance issues on the passenger side there is no way it will fit my car without subframe mod

If that link works that stud crushes the line when it is even half screwed in :S
I only see a red X. It should fit without any modification. You sure you're using the right manifolds.

Quick Reply: Kentucky Turbo Build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!