Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

harlan 2 step.... will it build boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
leaky pipes feeding the turbo? At 4K mine brought my 76mm GTS up pretty darn fast. If I let the car put more fuel into it it came up even faster...
Well here's what happened. I had my manual boost controller referenced before the TB, the 2 step set at 3K, and I went to the track to run it for the first time and rough in the VE under boost. I only tried the 2 step at the track once and obviously 3k is way to low for a stick car. Well I didnt try anymore that day. The way it was it would make almost 4# set at 3K.

Well I got home reset the 2 step to 5K and re-ran the reference for the boost controller to after the throttle body. The car made more boost off the waste gate spring after that but ever since then the 2 step would only make about 1/2 a pound. So I basically made 2 changes and dont know which one affected the 2 step.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It *should* make more boost and faster at a higher RPM; mine sure did. The vacuum reference should not have affected it either. Strange.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM
8 Second Club

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

OK here is an example. With the Lingenfelter 2 step set at 2800 rpm, it would take 2.8 seconds to get to boost. (2800 in my set up equals 4 pounds)
I changed nothing, except for taking out 8 degreest while on the 2 step, and now it takes 1.2 seconds to get to 4 pounds. (Boost amount is controlled by rpm cutoff, how fast you get there is controlled by timming) At least in my set up.

Quick Reply: harlan 2 step.... will it build boost