Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LQ9 6.0L PT88 w/ Truck Manifolds in an FBody Build w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by darooke
I used the aem standalone ecu in my 600 whp srt-4. It was the best ecu i ever owned. I liked having a built in 2 step and several different tunes(race,street and meth) at a push of a laptop button. My tuner jay from n2mb moved to florida. If you need any info or have never used the aem let me know, I will call jay and get the answers for you or just give u his number.

PS I sent that t78 back for the 4inch v band.
I'll keep that in mind and I appreciate the offer.

Originally Posted by brokeTA
I'm assuming you bought this directly from AEM? I have been trying to get on there site, but have had no luck yet. I got on the forums and can't really find any info on it. I seen the pcm they offer, but was looking for more info on what your talking about here. Any help would be appreciated.
What answers are you specifically looking for? I have spent some time researching online and speaking to their tech guys. I may have your answers.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
I'll keep that in mind and I appreciate the offer.

What answers are you specifically looking for? I have spent some time researching online and speaking to their tech guys. I may have your answers.
probly the same answers your waiting to answer yourself by installing it. I would just like to see what it looks like mainly. A part number so I can check with my vendors on getting it. Assuming it uses their software for tuning? I already have hp tuners so I'm kinda on the fence. I have a 99 up setup so I'm just trying to decide if its something I wanna get involved with. How about injectors? Will it control high/low like the others do? Or just the basic high? This is just stuff off the top of my head right now, and I'm sure I'll have more questions later.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Restricted User

This is all info specific to the 30-1220 LS1 99-02 standalone.
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...oard,78.0.html
Old 09-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Does your tune still look at your knock sensors or have you taken them out?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BaD AZz Z28
Does your tune still look at your knock sensors or have you taken them out?
The AEM will supposedly control the knock sensors but I don't run them.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

Did you go with that cam based on something you already had, or specific to this build? It seems like the other turbo cam recommendations have more LSA, but obviously this works.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Restricted User

specific to the build.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Teching In

WOW Carlos what a great thread read all 25 pages... lots of great info Im glad Cat and I live so close incase we run into any trouble when we do my build. But keep your eyes peeled for an LQ4 for sale.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by StormesRacing
WOW Carlos what a great thread read all 25 pages... lots of great info Im glad Cat and I live so close incase we run into any trouble when we do my build. But keep your eyes peeled for an LQ4 for sale.
Make sure to read part 2

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...olds-pt88.html

I'll ask around for an iron block.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome thread that answers much for my install.

How is the collector piping for the turbo inlet flange (the pipes that come off the manifolds) braced? That has to be a good bit of weight hanging there. I'll run a smaller mm turbo, but it'll be a Borg Warner, so the weight will be about the same.

My engine (lm7) will be dropped in a Volvo 245 station wagon, so I won't have some of the fitment issues you've had.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by celicaxx
Awesome thread that answers much for my install.

How is the collector piping for the turbo inlet flange (the pipes that come off the manifolds) braced? That has to be a good bit of weight hanging there. I'll run a smaller mm turbo, but it'll be a Borg Warner, so the weight will be about the same.

My engine (lm7) will be dropped in a Volvo 245 station wagon, so I won't have some of the fitment issues you've had.
I'm not sure if I fully understand your question but neither the turbo housing or the hot piping are braced. No issues there.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

From what I saw in the pictures you did not add any bracing, which is good to me because it was going to be a PITA coming up with a way to brace off the block.

Some people will add bracing under the collector for heavy turbos. The other side of the brace could be mounted to the block, or even the chassis with the aid of flexpipes.

If not bracing works for you, it works for me. Nice build!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Here's a not-related example; a collector on a manifold from my supra:

The collector's support now is assisted by the flange on the cylinder head instead of all the weight being held by the manifold runners.

On a SBC single setup, the bracing would obviously have to be off the block or chassis. I was thinking a bracket that one of the deleted accessories could be an anchor point.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Restricted User

Yeah, for a heavy T6 turbo or even if I was using tube headers, I would have braced to the frame. With the iron manifolds, 2 2.5" pipes and the 4" DP, I figured it'd be good. It hasn't budged in the almost 2 yrs that it's been together. The one thing that I would do differently now is to move the IC further forward another 2-3" in order to move the radiator further up and get a couple of puller fans in there.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've read through 14 pages but i'm too tired to finish, lol.

What did you end up doing on the fuel system? I ended up going with an a1000 last year, -10an to a y block before the rails, one -8an to each fuel rail, and back out with two more -6an to the aero regulator and it seems very efficient, but i'm only running a n/a combo right now. i say this bc on page 14? was a fuel system diagram I was looking at
Old 01-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
I've read through 14 pages but i'm too tired to finish, lol.

What did you end up doing on the fuel system? I ended up going with an a1000 last year, -10an to a y block before the rails, one -8an to each fuel rail, and back out with two more -6an to the aero regulator and it seems very efficient, but i'm only running a n/a combo right now. i say this bc on page 14? was a fuel system diagram I was looking at
This is the old thread. Here's the current thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...olds-pt88.html

I'm running a sumped aluminum tank, 160# Bosch low impedance injectors with Magnafuel pump and Aeromotive regulator. -10 up to the firewall and then it goes to a -8 into the rail. The regulator is -6 return but I stepped it up to a -8 about 3 inches away from -6 fitting.

Quick Reply: LQ9 6.0L PT88 w/ Truck Manifolds in an FBody Build w/ Pics