Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

T76 feeding a TVS1900 blower

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuntington101
congrats mate! REALLY nice setup there! and im soooooo glad you fitted the A2A to. it will make a big difference. i was would love to see some data logs for this thing. be really intresting to see how fast that turbo would come on.

Keep us posted!

Chris.

PS how much boost is the blower alone making? it would be nice to see some logs for presure before the SC. then you could compare to a 'similar' turbop only setup to see just how much difference the SC is making.
Blower with this pulley should be making about 7 psi.

I check out a log today and at an 8mph roll, it went from 0% to100% TPS and 10psi of boost in exactly ONE second! Seems the blower isn't having any trouble sucking though the intercooler and turbo, and then spooling the turbo.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is freakin sweet! Even if it didn't perform A LOT better than just the Turbo, it is so ****ing COOL!!!

Get some videos as soon as you can. Very interested in seeing it at the track!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

nice guy, cant wait for a vid
Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is really a cool project. It seems like it came together pretty quickly, too! Looks like an awesome stoplight sleeper.

I know it's a 4x4 which makes a huge difference. What kind of traction problems do you have? Does it hook pretty well?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Blower with this pulley should be making about 7 psi.

I check out a log today and at an 8mph roll, it went from 0% to100% TPS and 10psi of boost in exactly ONE second! Seems the blower isn't having any trouble sucking though the intercooler and turbo, and then spooling the turbo.
Sounds like fun! lol

Just thinking about this kind of stuff, have you thought about pre turbo meth/water injection??? i have heard great things about it. if you conbined it with the FMIC and a little meth befor the blower, and maybe a little after, you should have the temp thing totaly sorted! lol

keep us posted on results. be intresting to see if you can get the spool time down even further. i can give you some ideas if you want!!!

Chris.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

..have you thought about pre turbo meth/water injection??? ... if you conbined it with the FMIC and a little meth befor the blower, and maybe a little after, you should have the temp thing totaly sorted! lol.
Rube Goldberg would be proud!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not having any IAT issues, even at only 10 psi of boost, I see very low temps. I just got down to AZ, and am going to be working on the tune and probable hit the track with it. I will let ya guys know of what I think about a little more once the boost tuning is more sorted out, it's still really fat and low timing to get me here. But so far I'm pretty happy.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

i think someone has stole your idea!!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=19827

http://www.zenvoautomotive.com/

Chris.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Just thinking about this the other day, what is the bypass valve doing when the turbo starts to boost? is there any way you could get it to open and bypass the sc??

Cheers

Chris.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just thinking about this the other day, what is the bypass valve doing when the turbo starts to boost? is there any way you could get it to open and bypass the sc??

Cheers

Chris.
I don't believe the supercharger is a restriction. It's like a in-line fuel pump, it just takes what its being feed and adds to it. Right now I'm having an issue with to much back pressure at the turbo, and the waste gate can't flow enough to keep the boost down (lots of boost creep). So I'm getting a new turbo with a MUCH bigger hot side. I think a BW S475 will fit the bill nicely. Has a T6, .96mm 1.36 a/r hot side. Should flow a LOT more exhaust then this little .96 a/r P-trim . Also gonna build a 4" down pipe to where it splits into duel 3" "catback" exhaust. And got a 50mm WG for it. I think that will fix my back pressure problems. The blower should spool this turbo nicely
Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice looking car. I wonder what the graph of that 823wtq looks like.

Props on a very nice build. Truck looks great and you have the right to say you are one of a select group of people who have done that. Best wishes finishing the project and I can't wait to see some videos.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

So have you taken this thing to the track yet? Also do you have a dyno graph you can post so we can see that TQ curve?
Old 05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 85irocinjected
So have you taken this thing to the track yet? Also do you have a dyno graph you can post so we can see that TQ curve?
I took it to the track once and it did not perform like i wanted, only made one run and called it quits. The converter I put in it is all wrong for this setup (way to loose, like 4200 ) and not what I ordered, so getting a new one. Also, like I said a few post ago, the turbo hot side is choking the blower on in the higher rpms (which is where the converter wants to put it ). New turbo is in the mail and converter to follow shorty. Between the two, I have some work to do, but it will be right soon and it will be AWESOME!!! I LOVE the bottom end i have now, just have to get the topend where I want it.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

wow. you are definitely putting a good amount of time and effort into this, and i applaud you. I am really looking forward to seeing the results.

i hope it is a beast of epic proportions, lol. Good luck bro-ham.

p.s. get that dyno graph up as soon as it is running properly with the new converter and turbo. i want to see the torque curve.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

So been driving it for a while, even took it on a road trip to AZ. Ran it at the track once and it was less then stealer. The small p-trim .96 turbine on the turbo and 38mm WG are just WAY to small and choking the blower BIG time. Huge boost creep! Getting almost 15psi on a 7psi spring and WAY to high EGT's, like close to 1700* and not making the power it should for that boost.

The converter is way to loose, (4200 foot braking) so I can't even keep the RPM down where it does make good power (the bottom end on the setup is AWESOME!!!). So I got a BW S475 T6, large frame turbo and ordered a Circle D 2800 265mm single disk 4l80e converter that should be here next week some time. Also got a 50mm Synopsis WG to put on it too. The hot side on the turbo should free up the back pressure a TON and let this thing breath. It's a 96mm turbine wheel and a 1.36 A/R. Good thing I have the blower to spool it, lol. Gonna run a 4" down pipe too.

Also gonna ditch the intercooler in between the turbo and the blower and just spray a M3 meth nozzle pre-turbo along with the M15 that is currently in it pre-blower. IATS haven't been a problem at all. The most I've seen even with heat soak in the 100* AZ heat were only in the upper 140's and most of the time in boost on warm days where more like high 130's. I think with this setup, everything should be pretty optimal and should preform quite well .

The new turbo came today it's HUGE

Compared to a TC76 About the same size compressor wheel, but the BW has 1 more blade on the wheel and extended tips on the blades.

Here is the BIG difference, the exhaust wheel is WAY bigger. So that's like having a MUCH bigger motor with more leverage to drive the compressor. that and it will make for a much free flowing exhaust for the blower.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:20 AM
11 Second Club

What are you doing with the tc78
Old 05-23-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
What are you doing with the tc78
It's for a customers turbo kit. Just one I happened to have for a reference,
Old 05-23-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

your turbo is only fed by one side of the motor? wouldnt it work better to have both banks of cylinders spin it?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
your turbo is only fed by one side of the motor? wouldnt it work better to have both banks of cylinders spin it?
No, its a log manifold. Look at the picture again, the crossover is in the rear and comes up to the log manifold.

I haven't read anything good about the log manifold set ups though. Maybe this one is different?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

No it has a cross over that feed the driver side into the back of the pass side log. This is a very popular design for truck kits. My buddy has a kit like this that has ran a 10.6 with a stockish 6l and a TC76BB in a 4900lbs 4x4 reg cab truck up here at altitude (4800') Not to bad...

Quick Reply: T76 feeding a TVS1900 blower