Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger tensioner system

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed my order the other day. Also got the ati damper as well. Should be sending my bracket in on Thursday.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Banned

bump for a good deal
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM
11Second Club

Man, this is killing me. I really don't want to spend the money, and I have no belt slip issues. However, I hear the SDCE tensioner resolves the gear rattle issue, and I hate that freakin' sound. I just want to hear the whistle, not the gear rattle.

You guys are the anti-christs of my bank account!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Gauge
Man, this is killing me. I really don't want to spend the money, and I have no belt slip issues. However, I hear the SDCE tensioner resolves the gear rattle issue, and I hate that freakin' sounds. I just want to hear the whistle, not the gear rattle.

You guys are the anti-christs of my bank account!
I am in the same situation and I am fallin' for it! (Fallin' is not always a bad thing).

The way I am looking at it is if I decide to up the boost at some point, I will be prepared to prevent the belt slippage then.

This is one reason I try to stay away from Tech in the winter months (I am in MN so the car is put away). I can save a lot of money!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Only ERO's
I am in the same situation and I am fallin' for it! (Fallin' is not always a bad thing).

The way I am looking at it is if I decide to up the boost at some point, I will be prepared to prevent the belt slippage then.

This is one reason I try to stay away from Tech in the winter months (I am in MN so the car is put away). I can save a lot of money!
you guys are telling me i wasnt ready to get mine either but saving a 100 bucks now sure does beat spending it later
Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
I may be interested. I got mine to stop slipping though, crazy the difference that the NAPA belt made over the Gatorback and a good initial tension.
Whoever started that whole 'gatorback is better for blowers' thing years ago should get kicked in the nuts lol. They didnt work for crap on my 6 rib P1SC or SDCE 8 rib.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:25 AM
11Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
Whoever started that whole 'gatorback is better for blowers' thing years ago should get kicked in the nuts lol. They didnt work for crap on my 6 rib P1SC or SDCE 8 rib.
+1

Gates works like a champ for me @ 15psi.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gauge
+1

Gates works like a champ for me @ 15psi.
I use NAPA belts because they are right next door, but they are just private label Gates belts so its the same thing. I'm still using the same NAPA belt I went 8.90s on two years ago with the other car
Old 05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gauge
+1

gates works like a champ for me @ 15psi.
x2! ... No issues and less belt slippage.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
11Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
I use NAPA belts because they are right next door, but they are just private label Gates belts so its the same thing. I'm still using the same NAPA belt I went 8.90s on two years ago with the other car
Me, too, actually. It seems that Napa re-brands everything they use. When I buy something from them, I usually ask what brand it is, and the guys at the local store usually know. For example, their oil filters are Wix.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Called them this morning, said they still needed 3 to get the $100 off price.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlkHwk
Called them this morning, said they still needed 3 to get the $100 off price.
she told me one more yesterday

damnit i thought we were closer than that
Old 05-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Just emailed Wendy. They have been getting a lot of calls. We are only 2 confirmed orders away from the 605 price as of right now. Soooooo call/email in and confirm your orders guys! =)
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by blindskater02
Just emailed Wendy. They have been getting a lot of calls. We are only 2 confirmed orders away from the 605 price as of right now. Soooooo call/email in and confirm your orders guys! =)
IMO its worth every penny even at the regular price, its a little hassle to get it made but its a good product and it works.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Just got off the phone Wendy and put my order in. She was very cool to talk with and extremely interested in the products and cars. I am looking forward to receiving the setup and getting it on my car.

Let's keep the orders coming through and get the best deal possible.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZLEEPER
SDCE will send you a steel one and you pay a core charge. I think it was around $90. Little added weight, but more rigid.
I emailed them like 2 weeks ago asking if a steel one would be a worthwhile upgrade and they replied with "Don't waste your time or money with the steel J bracket. Our tensioner kit includes a support brace for use with ATI's aluminum bracket that eliminates any bracket flex issues. We've got hundreds out there with it set up that way with no issues."

There isnt a limit to how many orders they will take right? I would like to wait till next friday when I get paid and use that check to pay for this. I am in for sure as well if I can still get in then.

Exactly what parts need to be sent in? I talked to em and they gave me a small list of parts they needed, the j bracket, I think a tensioner, and some other parts to see if it was originally a 6 or 8 rib kit?

Last edited by BIG BAD BLACKSS; 05-14-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
I emailed them like 2 weeks ago asking if a steel one would be a worthwhile upgrade and they replied with "Don't waste your time or money with the steel J bracket. Our tensioner kit includes a support brace for use with ATI's aluminum bracket that eliminates any bracket flex issues. We've got hundreds out there with it set up that way with no issues."

There isnt a limit to how many orders they will take right? I would like to wait till next friday when I get paid and use that check to pay for this. I am in for sure as well if I can still get in then.

Exactly what parts need to be sent in? I talked to em and they gave me a small list of parts they needed, the j bracket, I think a tensioner, and some other parts to see if it was originally a 6 or 8 rib kit?
they want the j-bracket and the tensior bolt with block on end that is built into the j-bracket

im sending them a bare j-bracket,it will be 30 bucks for them to furnish the rest
Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I sent them an email a couple weeks ago about ordering this setup and never followed threw with it mainly because I haven't had time to get the bracket off the car. (The car is about an hour away from where I'm living.) Sounds like my procrastination might have paid off this time. I'm on vacation this week but if I can get in on this deal I'll probably follow threw with the order when I get back home next week.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Pulled my bracket off and sent it in today. Only took an hour to get it all pulled apart. Cant wait to get it all back together!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS

Hi All,
Just want to clarify my comments about the steel J bracket. If you already have the aluminum J bracket and time is not an issue for you, then buying the steel J bracket would be a waste of your time and money as our tensioner system includes a support brace so you will not have to worry about bracket flex.
IF time is a concern to you and you do not want to have your car down while we modify your bracket, then you have two options - buying a new aluminum bracket set up from ProCharger for $350 or buying the cheaper steel bracket for $150.00. To some people, spending $150 is worth not having their car down for a week or so.
Also, we do not normally "trade" brackets or use core brackets as we don't normally have used ones in stock. I happened to have one steel bracket here and to save the customer the down time, I sold it to him.
We like to use your existing brackets because it gives us a chance to look your stuff over and make sure it's flat. Plus some of you guys are harder on your parts than others so in our opinion, it wouldn't be fair to give someone a beat up bracket when they sent in a nice one that was barely used.
Thank you all!!! Gotta get those orders called in! We're still at 4 confirmed - still need two more confirmed orders to get the $605 price! And there is no limit - the more the merrier. Gotta call in by May 31st....

Quick Reply: Procharger tensioner system