Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How many Incon TT kits were made?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, anyone who lost money should be sueing LS1.com. For a while they locked any thead that mentioned Incon ripping people off. One time they locked a thread because I said it was a fishy deal. Any halfway decent lawyer could get them for collusion. Especially when Elmerroid had kit #1...

-Geoff
Old 11-06-2003, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There was a guy who went by "fast orange" who had the very first one, the protoype kit was built using his car, a 98 camaro. he got rid of it and maybe about a year ago was looking to see if anyone had pics of his car.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:00 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by DaveSchott
I relocated from Detroit to Columbus about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Still have the car, haven't driven it much for a variety of reasons, it still has under 3k miles. Finally got the boost cranked up this past summer. These things are scary fast.

I asked the number question going on 2 years ago. The first batch of kits was originally going to be 100 but they upped the target number to 125. I think the concensus was 70+ whole kits were delivered, and the rest of the parts ended up as partial kits.

It would be nice if someone looked up the guys in FL who worked for incon to get the final word from someone who was there. I'll try to contact them.

Also, I'm surprised someone hasn't started a list or registry.
Dave I you ever decide to get rid of the Incon twins let me know.I didnt know that a local guy had one .Mike Brown in Dayton has 2 of them.I almost got screwed but would'nt send any down payment money in when it started looking shaky to me.It's a bummer Dave Inall was'nt a better business man,he could have made shitloads of money.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a feeling that there are quite a few partial kits laying around.

I have read about quite a few, as well as a few full kits.

Ryan.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 422 SS
Mike Brown in Dayton has 2 of them.
ya that tool mike brown wasnt happy with one, he had to take to of them

i got banned once from ls1.com for my 1rst name smokeAcop, think it was by Xtrooper though, i wrote some crappy letter to elmer on how i like ls1.com and wanted back on, so he let me on when i changed my name....that was before i know about ls1tech.com
Old 11-07-2003, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Why doesn't someone start a registry, I think it would be very interesting, we can make it a sticky on here if someone wants to put the list together.

I am now thinking there are more than 30-40, there are 1-3 of them around the Chicago area.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It would be nice if someone looked up the guys in FL who worked for incon to get the final word from someone who was there. I'll try to contact them.

Who else was/is on the Incon Yahoo Group besides myself? I think someome could post info there as well, some of the Mustang guys may have some info that we don't.

Mir Naziruddin

Last edited by Y2K_WS6_T/A; 11-10-2003 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

What city was incon in? The name was tom porter, I believe.

Longwood FL, 32750

There was a guy who went by "fast orange" who had the very first one, the protoype kit was built using his car, a 98 camaro. he got rid of it and maybe about a year ago was looking to see if anyone had pics of his car.
That car was sweet, it was a hugger orange camaro, (so it was a 99)

I used to see it at the track all the time, very unique at the time, (car no longer has the same owner, or any turbos) but its still around orlando area.

Ryan
Old 11-07-2003, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are quite a few kits. As far as I know, I have the only kit in New Mexico. I was one of the intitial depositers and got a partial kit. I piece enough parts together to get the car running earlier this year. Actually could have had it done last August, but got busy with other things. There are several people who have partial kits, that are still building them. Since I installed the kit myself on jackstands and custom made a lot of parts I get constant pm's on issues installing and making things work. I would say there are way more than 25-30 kits out there.

Gary
Old 11-07-2003, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

If any of you florida guys are interested in buying one of the kits the shop that tuned my car was trying to sell me one. They said they had access to three complete kits. he quoted me $10000.00 installed,tuned with new pushrods and 918 springs. just though one of you guys might be interested, so i thought i`d throw this out there. PM me if you want to know the shop it`s a non sponser so i don`t think i can say it here.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Dam, 10k installed with springs pushrods and tuned?

No wonder they still have 3 kits. I know I got in on a good deal at the begginning, but I only paid ~7500 for that plus a clutch w. install and bigger injectors (used though).
Old 11-08-2003, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rod442
Dam, 10k installed with springs pushrods and tuned?

No wonder they still have 3 kits. I know I got in on a good deal at the begginning, but I only paid ~7500 for that plus a clutch w. install and bigger injectors (used though).
Those who jumped in first did get a good deal. I think mine was 4400. The kits did go up to 5500 and maybe a little more than that. Installs prices were all over the place but 1500 or so was talked about. If the shop has top notch install/fabrication skills that's a plus (i got a bit of a crappy install for almost 1500).

10 sounds like allot but IF they would throw in $300 worth of injectors (svo 42), a manual boost controller, and do a really good LS1Edit tune 10k is not that bad, maybe a 2k premium. And since it's a proven kit almost impossible to buy new it sounds OK to me. On the other hand, I heard that a used incon car just went for 10k.

hmm let's see 10 grand to go from 310hp to 580 for a net of 270, that's $37/hp. For you accountants out there is this a good deal or not
Old 11-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Forgot the $10,000.

If I lost money on this company, I'd be extremely suspicious as to how a shop local to Incon managed to get three complete kits without selling them yet.

You think there's a chance that someone kept some of the parts once they started to realise that their company was finished? And then sold them on the side?

What the hell am I talking about, there's no chance of that. No doubt this shop ordered their kits before anyone who got partials.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

I`m sorry that price was with injectors to. I`m thinking about seeing if he`ll sell me one of the kits not installed. I`ll do the install myself. The shop does do excelent work and is highly recomended in the orlando area, and in the florida section of this board.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

$10K is high.

LPE had a kit too, I forgot about that, and it was over $20K.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
$10K is high.
So is the person expecting someone to pay that!!

How about copies? Surely someone out there could duplicate this kit for relatively low cost.... (compared to these crack heads)
Old 11-08-2003, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Ya it is high but thats what happens unfortunatly when somthing that performes well is no longer made and is hard to get. I think that he`d go down on his price if you told him that he was on crack.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

mytubota..... see how much they would let just a turbo set up go for. I don't need anything but the turbo kit. I am going to do my own tuning and will soon have a cam installed.

Josh S.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lamotta in Florida had quite a few Incon parts but not whole kits, I believe. The final batch of parts I got last year were sent from Mike Norris shop. Most of the parts that Lamotta was missing could be easily made, since a lot of shops in Florida made the original parts. Quite a few other installers had partial kits as well, most were justing waiting on CHRAs (which were actually pretty easy to get, just not to cheap). Tom told me that like 25 kits worth (50 CHRAs) were destroyed in shipping, but since Dave Inall was too stupid to pay for insurance they were out of luck. Don't know if that is actually true or not.

I have not been on the Incon board on yahoo in forever, posts pretty much were at a stand still. They had no real information on the LS1 stuff, Dave was playing the same game with them as us.

Gary
Old 11-10-2003, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red ws6 99
Lamotta in Florida had quite a few Incon parts but not whole kits...

Tom told me this also a long time back when they (Incon) was having trouble...Tom said Lamotta kept those parts due to the fact that Incon didn't pay Lamotta in full for whatever work Lamotta did for Incon.

Mir Naziruddin

Quick Reply: How many Incon TT kits were made?