Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed .. Fact and Fiction ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98
The pics posted above were of my old pham kit.
...funny that those pics still show up....
J
Do you have any other pics of the kit on the car, and the actual ground clearance? Also was it the kit im looking at with the forward facing drivers side header? I wonder how that helps the ground clearance not having the collector under the K
Old 07-15-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Everything sits above the k member EXCEPT the crossover tubing and DP tubing....both collectors are tucked up and away. Same kit that I had. Did you buy it....how much did you get it for?

Sorry I don't have any old pics of this set up, and I'm surprised that those pics show up, maybe search my screen name will turn up more pics or posts....as I posted up quite a few.

In this video you'll see the crossover and DP as I go over the speed bump...be forewarned you'll have to go this speed over EVERY bump and dip...
http://www.fquick.com/videos/Turbo_s..._and_test/1703

If you have a fabricator buddy, or if you can do it on your own...cut out the round tubing that goes under the K member and replace it with ovalized tubing from dr.gas or other exhaust tubing suppliers. Both the crossover and the DP will benefit greatly from this and you will too
Hope this helps,
J
Old 07-15-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everything sits above the k member EXCEPT the crossover tubing and DP tubing....both collectors are tucked up and away. Same kit that I had. Did you buy it....how much did you get it for?

Sorry I don't have any old pics of this set up, and I'm surprised that those pics show up, maybe search my screen name will turn up more pics or posts....as I posted up quite a few.

In this video you'll see the crossover and DP as I go over the speed bump...be forewarned you'll have to go this speed over EVERY bump and dip...
http://www.fquick.com/videos/Turbo_s..._and_test/1703

If you have a fabricator buddy, or if you can do it on your own...cut out the round tubing that goes under the K member and replace it with ovalized tubing from dr.gas or other exhaust tubing suppliers. Both the crossover and the DP will benefit greatly from this and you will too
Hope this helps,
J

Damn man you car sounds crazy, I know you posted on their you werent running a full exhaust but i always thought turbo cars were supposed to be pretty quiet.

Good luck with that kit. Does the downpipe run under the stock k member or are you running an aftermarket peice?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I already had that idea, and I think I am going to do it .. I have a very good exhaust shop close by that will be running my intercooler piping as well. PMed you the price im getting the kit for.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

that is a damn good price

Don't think about doing it DO IT!!!! You will gain a ton of clearance.

melscrilla, yeah it does have a bit of a lope to it Even through the cat back its pretty damn loud
Old 07-15-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Jer,
Interesting about the alt relocating. I didnt have to do that on my shorty kit, i guess its just a tubular kit only deal.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

modified shorty kit here...I wound up going chopping the t4 flange off and went with a t6 setup and modified the 3" dp for street use and 5" dp for when its time for fooling around.

Im a welder/fabricator so buying a used kit & doing my own work makes it cheaper than buying a high end kit straight out. some of the welds on the original parts are "ok" and like what was said, I wouldve prefered a full mandrel bent downpipe over the "japanese style" sections welded together, but all in all I got it for a good price and Im happy with it!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, the exhaust shop here has a mandrel bender and I was wondering if there was enough room to chop the up pipe and add an inch or 2 to help with the oil returning problem .. although I have a pump if it comes to it.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

@6techniques .. how was the ground clearance for you and did you modify anything to make it better?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

melscrilla, yeah it does have a bit of a lope to it Even through the cat back its pretty damn loud
hey what cam/cam specs is that, if you dont mind me asking???
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
@6techniques .. how was the ground clearance for you and did you modify anything to make it better?
I didnt do anything for ground clearance and believe it or not its actually better than my 03 cobra lowered 2" with an o/r x-pipe and 40 series mufflers...that thing would scrape on any uneven surface it seemed like.
My TA isnt lowered at all (yet) and so far so good! but just take it easy over speed bumps and approach steep driveways at an angle, lol.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im use to taking it easy with a turbo that size on the rear anyway, and I know how bad lowered mustangs can be with exhaust on them .. I have seen several scraping just driving down the interstate, I thought about just stiffer front springs. I never had a problem with my 2.5in pipe at the section it goes under the k .. I guess cus the tires lift the car at the same time.

Awesome replys guys, thanks a lot for the help I would love to see some pics, something that might help me in the mean time figure out how to modify and how to ease the installation, although I think I am going to install this kit when I do 317 heads and a z06 cam swap.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 6techniques
hey what cam/cam specs is that, if you dont mind me asking???
My old blower grind,
575/602 233/244 on a 115lsa

J
Old 07-17-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

6techniques has my old kit. I'm glad to see it fits well for him. I'm lowered and it just wasn't going to work with my setup. Here is a pic of my ground clearance with Eibach sportline springs.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the pic, that helps, although im not going to lower my car .. I might get creative with the stock k-member though ..

Quick Reply: Phamspeed .. Fact and Fiction ??