Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Custom made turbo kit for GTO.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn, lots of TT Goats floating around here, good to see.

J, lets get that thing on the dyno already!!
Looks like it is coming along nicely, cant wait to see it run.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I really like this setup. Crazy job man.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool indeed...

And yes I will be selling my car once I put it back together and get it all dialed in. Just tired of spending so much time on the car, it's not the money but the time and effort thats wearing me down.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrakDay
Very cool indeed...

And yes I will be selling my car once I put it back together and get it all dialed in. Just tired of spending so much time on the car, it's not the money but the time and effort thats wearing me down.
When you read about a Z06 Vette that runs on pump gas and meth running 8.81 it makes you realize maybe our goats are to darn heavy. I'm not trying to run 8's though. Yet, lol.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlwnLs1GTO
I'm just finishing up mounting the Passenger side of my GTO TT setup. I used truck mani's and I also remounted my radiator to a tilt. opens up all kinds of room in the front area. I was able to move the ac vertical as well as all the lines without cutting anything. If you'd like, I can take a couple of pics for you? Just let me know.
good work.

Ah man, that'd be sweet. Post in here what ever you have if you'd like, if not that PM me please.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Damn, lots of TT Goats floating around here, good to see.

J, lets get that thing on the dyno already!!
Looks like it is coming along nicely, cant wait to see it run.

Yeah man,...no doubt. Pretty soon, she'll be there. Intercooler, BOV,...and a controller,...are all we need other then a fuel pump. Was looking to see if someone makes in inline pump for the goats,..to save my *** the time of removing the tank.

Other then that,....very soon. Josh is tired of driving is tired *** work truck everywhere.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Yeah man,...no doubt. Pretty soon, she'll be there. Intercooler, BOV,...and a controller,...are all we need other then a fuel pump. Was looking to see if someone makes in inline pump for the goats,..to save my *** the time of removing the tank.

Other then that,....very soon. Josh is tired of driving is tired *** work truck everywhere.
I have a spare stock GTO fuel tank with a bung already welded in. If you guys pick it up you can have it for free... I am in FL...
Old 07-27-2009, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have a spare stock GTO fuel tank with a bung already welded in. If you guys pick it up you can have it for free... I am in FL...
Well there you go!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

AH man,...that'd be cool as ****.

Were about is florida? I am located in miami/ft lauderdale area, the GTO is in vero beach,...but we'll drive gladly somewhere to pick that up man.

Very cool of you, thank you very much.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well there you go!
that was very cool.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

2005 6 speed GTO. The idea behind this, was to not spend alot of money. It's my cousins and I's idea... and the reason is, we wanted or wished we could have something for the GTO to handle some highway cars but,..didn't have the extra money to invest cause we already had other more important costly builds going on. We're pretty much building this setup from somewhat used parts,.... that probably anybody could mock with fabrication skills(keyword,...skills).

The story goes...

I had two schweitzer turbo's that were brand new, and old. Like from the 70's old. Unused. Intended for a powerboat but never installed. I talked to my turbo shop, miketurbo.com...after having my precision's reworked, I gave them these turbos to play with. They ended up changeing the compressor wheels and housings to a GT35r compressor wheels. We used master power modified housings that they had laying around.
I couldn't be happier for the small price invested,.... I actually had them for sale but, some guy tried to screw me over, I got pissed,..and just gave to my cousin and said you can have them, if you put them on the goat.

He, like a good Jedi, accepted. I gave my old wastegates, turbomart 38mm street gates, with multiple springs to choose. We had racepartsolutions hook us up with all the flanges since they are also local. We have a shop neigbor, double AA performance, who is a master fabricator. We bought the material,...brainstormed....brainstrormed,....smok ed some weed,(kiding)...brainstormed some more....and came up with the best possible idea for a location.

Driverside near completion. The pic shows the wastegate but it's just sitting there,..it is not the location it will be afixed

We want a simple 600rwhp on low boost, pump gas, stock motor with exception of a FAST intake, soon to add intank pump or inline, 60 pound injectors,....and a boost a pump.

Thats it,... we recently put in a textralia 700 which should do wonderful.

..the pipes, The compressed air, is two inch outlets on each turbo. We will run two inch pipe from each turbo, to each intercooler inlet. The cooler compressed air, exiting the intercooler will be between roughly 3 1/2 inches...and possibly four. the exhaust housing exit is actually 2 1/2 inches and they are T3 housings. Were planning on running those straight to the stock cats right now. Manly cause every car in our arsenal,....all run an offroad style exhaust of some sort. This is gonna be nice to jump in,...and not have some bitch, bitch about the smell of fuel.....not to mention for ourselve as well. If we run into an issue with the stock cats, we will go high flow. Trying to keep it quiet,...and sleeper as possible when the hood is closed. No need to advertise. Can't wait for the unsuspecting 600's going bye bye.

The car NA has gone 12's on street tires(not drag radials or roadrace tires,..) with a FAST, cold air filter, and a Diablosport predator tune back to back to back. It's gonna be alot of fun with the turbos. We also picked up a used borla system were gonna try out and see if it works well or not.

Either way, it's a cool project...one with affordability in mind,...not mention having alot of fun planning and plotting out the idea. Only thing left to figure out for sure is, fuel pump, intank or inline,....and intercooler location/configuration more like. Already have a boost gage, autometer lunar silver face I think... that I had that were gonna mount in center console.

More pics to arrive shortly.

Passengers side tacked up

Wow... i guess it was just a matter of time b4 ppl started fabbing their own kits by the masses. You guys are describing my TT setup exactly! Look in my photo album and you can see my build pix. My radiator is tilted(she cools just fine btw)w/ a three prong intercooler. Twin Tial wastegates and bov, w/ recirculators welded on my downpipes... Congrats... what mm snails are you running?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bravoboost
Wow... i guess it was just a matter of time b4 ppl started fabbing their own kits by the masses. You guys are describing my TT setup exactly! Look in my photo album and you can see my build pix. My radiator is tilted(she cools just fine btw)w/ a three prong intercooler. Twin Tial wastegates and bov, w/ recirculators welded on my downpipes... Congrats... what mm snails are you running?

Sweet man. Checked it out, looks good. Would like to hear more about the radiator,...did you simply tilt it?.... or did you have to make new brackets? More pics would be greatly appreciated, as the ones on your page can't be blown up at all.

Were using schweitzer turbos modified ALOT with new, gt35r compressor wheels(so 60-1's), and some master power compressor housings modifed for the new wheels/turbines.

Should be alot of fun on the stock block with some fuel and tuning. Hoping it'll last for a while,... we believe it should.

Nice ride man,...again, would like to see more pics,..thanks for sharing.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

This is the best pic i have on the radiator, and yes all that was done was tilt it. There is a channel that the radiator sat inside of from the factory. This channel runs staight up and down. With the radiator leaning towards the motor now the two ***** on the sizes of the radiator are hose clamped to the rear wall of the channel. I will see if i can get better pix this evening.

Last edited by bravoboost; 07-27-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry I have'nt posted those pics yet. I'll try and get them up tonight. They're still on my camera.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very tight man. I like it. Thank you for the pics, and the confirmation that we can put a charge pipe straight to the TB inlet. Helps us out alot.

The intercooler you chose, tell me about it,...looks similar to a TTiX style for a vette kit,...or a PTK style for a vette config. Could you have made it taller if you wanted it to? Or did you run into deck height clearence issues?

Any info is appreciated, thanks for your help bro, already ben on the phone with my cousin to tell the good news,....about to call our fabricator buddy now too.

Only reason i'm online during the day is cause i'm home,...from a freaking south forida snake bite. Gotta love this bullshit.lol

Peace out
Old 07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlwnLs1GTO
Sorry I have'nt posted those pics yet. I'll try and get them up tonight. They're still on my camera.

Fullly understandable bro,...I know life is busy. Whenever you can,...no major rush.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Dude, wtf bit you?

What were you, in SoFla for like 10 minutes, and managed to get bit by a friggin snake? LOL.

You may need to go back to Ohio.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dude, wtf bit you?

What were you, in SoFla for like 10 minutes, and managed to get bit by a friggin snake? LOL.

You may need to go back to Ohio.

Ah man,...what a long,...chaotic FUCKED up story. Suffering from a major party weekend in downtown cleveland(awesome city-superhotfemales-coolpeople) and no sleep for two days, hanging out with my crazy cousin,..I got back in town,...and long story short, a family member spun out a car,...into about thigh high water......missing multiple trees. No injuries,... later, I went to the car, to rescue it,....I went into the water so the tow driver didn't ruin the car by attaching it anywhere.

I was bit by alot of red ants. I got over it. Did the moonwalk on the side of the highway, brushing them off. Got back in the water, now ***** deep, since I was bent over,...and bam,....felt like like I got TAZED(don't ask). GGot out o water,.........saw a giant white ballon on my foot,... cused,...said ****,..once or twice, got back in water, finished hooking up car, loaded car, said peace, drove my soaking swapm *** water self to the ER, nearby,...and stayed there for several hours.

Water moccasin. I was pissed, from the whole ordeal, guess I had high blood pressure,.so the nurses were offering me sandwhichs and stuff, drinks,...dimming lights and ****,...put on tv for me,..to try and bring my bp down. It worked, I was fine in a short time. I Was home by 1:30am. Thats like,...a stupid amount of time to go by with no sleep,.....since I was still awake from 8am, the day before that.

Home now chillin. I'm fine, no issues, sweeling is down, it just barely bit me,...small snake, cause the mouth bite is small. One fang almost didn't even go through,...just a small track mark. Other fang hit a vein but again, it must been a blind strike, and didn't get a good grip on me or something.

It's cool, i'm cool, car,..not soo lucky. It'l be fine but,...I suddenly inherited a newfound repair,.....that I am sure to have a wonderful amount of hours invested in the very near future. Which is **** I don't need.

..but it's all gravey hommie. Wish I would have known you were in town for the hemi meet. Really coulda had all the boys taken care of up there.

Hollar later. Oh, and whats up with mattdawg and 18psi? lol. I'm not soo sure about that shop man,...they sound halfassed whoever was the mechanic.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 07-27-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ah man,...what a long,...chaotic FUCKED up story. Suffering from a major party weekend in downtown cleveland(awesome city-superhotfemales-coolpeople) and no sleep for two days, hanging out with my crazy cousin,..I got back in town,...and long story short, a family member spun out a car,...into about thigh high water......missing multiple trees. No injuries,... later, I went to the car, to rescue it,....I went into the water so the tow driver didn't ruin the car by attaching it anywhere.

I was bit by alot of red ants. I got over it. Did the moonwalk on the side of the highway, brushing them off. Got back in the water, now ***** deep, since I was bent over,...and bam,....felt like like I got TAZED(don't ask). GGot out o water,.........saw a giant white ballon on my foot,... cused,...said ****,..once or twice, got back in water, finished hooking up car, loaded car, said peace, drove my soaking swapm *** water self to the ER, nearby,...and stayed there for several hours.

Water moccasin. I was pissed, from the whole ordeal, guess I had high blood pressure,.so the nurses were offering me sandwhichs and stuff, drinks,...dimming lights and ****,...put on tv for me,..to try and bring my bp down. It worked, I was fine in a short time. I Was home by 1:30am. Thats like,...a stupid amount of time to go by with no sleep,.....since I was still awake from 8am, the day before that.

Home now chillin. I'm fine, no issues, sweeling is down, it just barely bit me,...small snake, cause the mouth bite is small. One fang almost didn't even go through,...just a small track mark. Other fang hit a vein but again, it must been a blind strike, and didn't get a good grip on me or something.

It's cool, i'm cool, car,..not soo lucky. It'l be fine but,...I suddenly inherited a newfound repair,.....that I am sure to have a wonderful amount of hours invested in the very near future. Which is **** I don't need.

..but it's all gravey hommie. Wish I would have known you were in town for the hemi meet. Really coulda had all the boys taken care of up there.

Hollar later. Oh, and whats up with mattdawg and 18psi? lol. I'm not soo sure about that shop man,...they sound halfassed whoever was the mechanic.
How did I know this was not going to be a simple story, lol.

Sounds like you got lucky, water moccassins ain't nothing to **** with.

I'd tell whoever drove into the damn water to get bent, and buy a new car. Screw fixing that thing, it almost cost you your life.

As for the MD, well, ha.

Upper intake was not bolted down, but of course the morons sat there and told him the car was fine, it just needed a TUNE. WTF?
God damn gigantic vacuum leak from hell, and it must be the tune. Forget the part where your boy works at Diablo, and burned you a chip that was based on flowing your MAF and entire cold side on the flow bench, but yeah, it needs a damn tune.
When I pulled the chip out and it idled at an amazing 2200 RPM (), I kinda knew no amount of tuning was going to fix it. *******.
Not to mention, it was whistling like a tea kettle, but maybe they thought that was the turbo? Douchebags.

So.....we fix the intake (tightened the bolts that were there, added the bolts that were missing, lol), it fires up....much better. Idles at 750, once it goes into closed loop, which takes like 10 ******* minutes, since they moved both O2 sensors to the downpipe, so now the drivers side O2 is like 15 feet away from the drivers side head. It no longer smells like raw fuel, and almost seems driveable, enter Mattdog the moron.

"I think I'll take it for a blast now".

Forget the fact that Kevin has offered to go tune it with his WB in his driveway, this retard has NO patience.

So, with one eye affixed to the boost gauge sitting in the passenger seat, and the other eye on his super accurate Autometer narrow band lie-o-meter rich/lean thingy, he takes it out and hammers it.

Cant believe it is still in one piece. 18 psi, at like not even 5K RPM in 3rd. Would have prolly made 22 or so in the top of 4th. Too bad he didn't try it. lol.

So, I look to see how they routed the boost reference signal to the WG, ummm, where the f is it?
Oh, they said you dont need that? Really? So it is supposed to make 18 psi? Awesome.

I wonder if they managed to hook the bypass up to the manifold, like your supposed to? Nah. Of course not. It is plumbed to the outlet of the turbo, you know, so it can never see vacuum. Wow. And these guys were supposed to be the turbo pros. What a hackjob.

Cant wait to see what they say when he calls them today and say, 'I figured out what was wrong with my car'......

Wow, I guess this whole ordeal pissed me off a little, lol.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The radiator that I'm using is 27.5" wide, 15.5 tall and 3" thick.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRI-1-55241-X/
the inlet/outlet was also reversed to make an easier install. I made a bracket to support the radiator from the bottom and tack welded it in place. So far it it's working out great. For the top mount, I had a couple of bungs welded in on the top. I left 3" of clearance on the passenger side to allow room for the cold side piping to the TB.
No need to mess with the AC condenser. Just a little bending by hand to make it fit.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Custom made turbo kit for GTO.