Old 07-27-2009, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Very tight man. I like it. Thank you for the pics, and the confirmation that we can put a charge pipe straight to the TB inlet. Helps us out alot.

The intercooler you chose, tell me about it,...looks similar to a TTiX style for a vette kit,...or a PTK style for a vette config. Could you have made it taller if you wanted it to? Or did you run into deck height clearence issues?

Any info is appreciated, thanks for your help bro, already ben on the phone with my cousin to tell the good news,....about to call our fabricator buddy now too.

Only reason i'm online during the day is cause i'm home,...from a freaking south forida snake bite. Gotta love this bullshit.lol

Peace out
Its a treadstone piece. It didnt need to be altered at all. I dont know the exact measurements but its alot deeper than it is tall. I like that b/c the fmic is hardly visible in my grill. (sleeper) It gets the job done. Im at 750hp now and it has been more than able to keep my intake temps cool. My fabricator says it should be good till 1000hp. And if i decide to go bigger, there is plenty of room in my bumper for a taller unit. Im very pleased with it thusfar.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
grill.bmp (147.7 KB, 159 views)
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (138.1 KB, 119 views)
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tight work man. Thank you again, looks dope, sounds good. Thanks for the pics too.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
How did I know this was not going to be a simple story, lol.

Sounds like you got lucky, water moccassins ain't nothing to **** with.

I'd tell whoever drove into the damn water to get bent, and buy a new car. Screw fixing that thing, it almost cost you your life.

As for the MD, well, ha.

Upper intake was not bolted down, but of course the morons sat there and told him the car was fine, it just needed a TUNE. WTF?
God damn gigantic vacuum leak from hell, and it must be the tune. Forget the part where your boy works at Diablo, and burned you a chip that was based on flowing your MAF and entire cold side on the flow bench, but yeah, it needs a damn tune.
When I pulled the chip out and it idled at an amazing 2200 RPM (), I kinda knew no amount of tuning was going to fix it. *******.
Not to mention, it was whistling like a tea kettle, but maybe they thought that was the turbo? Douchebags.

So.....we fix the intake (tightened the bolts that were there, added the bolts that were missing, lol), it fires up....much better. Idles at 750, once it goes into closed loop, which takes like 10 ******* minutes, since they moved both O2 sensors to the downpipe, so now the drivers side O2 is like 15 feet away from the drivers side head. It no longer smells like raw fuel, and almost seems driveable, enter Mattdog the moron.

"I think I'll take it for a blast now".

Forget the fact that Kevin has offered to go tune it with his WB in his driveway, this retard has NO patience.

So, with one eye affixed to the boost gauge sitting in the passenger seat, and the other eye on his super accurate Autometer narrow band lie-o-meter rich/lean thingy, he takes it out and hammers it.

Cant believe it is still in one piece. 18 psi, at like not even 5K RPM in 3rd. Would have prolly made 22 or so in the top of 4th. Too bad he didn't try it. lol.

So, I look to see how they routed the boost reference signal to the WG, ummm, where the f is it?
Oh, they said you dont need that? Really? So it is supposed to make 18 psi? Awesome.

I wonder if they managed to hook the bypass up to the manifold, like your supposed to? Nah. Of course not. It is plumbed to the outlet of the turbo, you know, so it can never see vacuum. Wow. And these guys were supposed to be the turbo pros. What a hackjob.

Cant wait to see what they say when he calls them today and say, 'I figured out what was wrong with my car'......

Wow, I guess this whole ordeal pissed me off a little, lol.

Wow,...guess he shoulda let the chevy boys slap it together like we'd offered soo many times. Well that sucks. Although i'm gonna have to laugh in his face when I see him
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Pics of moccasin bite or ban.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days... I pm'd you.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tmiller
hahahhaha
Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tmiller
You'd be disappointed. It's gotta be the gayest snake bite ever. The width of the mount was roughly 1/2 wide,...soo....a little bastard baby is what bit me. I'll try and upload a pic.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TrakDay
Sorry I haven't been on in a few days... I pm'd you.
no prob,..cool deal.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

My cousin and I have Been busy as hell,.. we've worked on alot of cars since this project has begun. Time, really does fly.

Update:

The entire kit is done. Just picked up the 80lbs injectors from race part solutions in south florida tonight. Josh(cousin) picked up all the lava wrap and sheets of lava also from RPS, as well as the turbo blankets. Everything was black coated from calico coatings, including the massive downpipes. We've also wrapped everything, as this is a street car, and wer're looking to keep the interior cool, as well as the energy contained. It does, truly look amazing. It looks soo good, I just removed the fiberglass black wrap off my vette turbo setup, and re-did it in lava. Crazy.

Josh and I put in the fuel pump a week or soo ago, and plummed the motor and oil pan for the oil pickup and returns. Josh made a bracket for the ebcm, and Mike Updyke from Updyke auto service did the brake bending today actually. Which was nice to hear, as I was expecting to do it. It's like a gift, lol, as we've labored soo much on all these things. So the brakes are done, the fuel system is done but, we do have to install the injectors tomorrow, and possibly a BAP, if I think we need it.

Josh coated/wrapped the flat parts of the hood with the lava wrap/stick on sheilding. **** looks WICKED!!!! Like carbon fiber actually. He sent me a pic on the phone after he was done, doesn't do it justice, as in person, it's dope as ****.

So,.. mount headers, mount turbos, run oil lines, mount down pipes, wastegates,... change plugs, wires,.......hook up vac lines.

-rock and roll baby.

(pics to follow)
Old 02-27-2010, 06:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

Very nice, Jamie. Glad to see another one of your projects nearing completion. That's a first class job...just like everything else you build
Old 02-27-2010, 06:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RAACCR
Very nice, Jamie. Glad to see another one of your projects nearing completion. That's a first class job...just like everything else you build

Thanks alot Rob, I appreciate that. All things things, wouldn't be possible without the help of ALOT of local people/shops. We've got an 09 V to modify today so I do not know if we can invest the short amount of time that we need into the goat this weekend but, we're gonna try. If not, next weekend, it will be running rain or shine.

Thank you guys for all of your help. Couldn't do it without RPS!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Looks good Jamie....I can wait to see this beotch at the track!

Hey Rob, get that damn truck done already! I want a ride!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Will do Alan. You know Josh,.. he'll probably be there alot in this thing. We're looking forward to it.

Josh and I are working on this today...

Old 02-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Thanks alot Rob, I appreciate that. All things things, wouldn't be possible without the help of ALOT of local people/shops. We've got an 09 V to modify today so I do not know if we can invest the short amount of time that we need into the goat this weekend but, we're gonna try. If not, next weekend, it will be running rain or shine.

Thank you guys for all of your help. Couldn't do it without RPS!!!
Do you have a full time shop or is this all friends in the garage kind of stuff? I think that an LSx knowledgeable speed shop would do well in the north end of Palm Beach County. I've turned down a couple projects because I don't want to turn wrenches to make a living.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job! Glad to see if all finished up.
I finished mine not too long ago. First run out I destroyed the transmission. So it's parked again while I collect some TH400 bolt on parts.

I'd look into a larger capacity fuel system. The BAP will be a limiting factor compared the the potential of the combo. I'm running a self build twin walbro setup using the stock feed as a return. I can give you a parts list for the same build that will come in under a grand if you're intersted.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Do you have a full time shop or is this all friends in the garage kind of stuff? I think that an LSx knowledgeable speed shop would do well in the north end of Palm Beach County. I've turned down a couple projects because I don't want to turn wrenches to make a living.
Carlos, Jamie works for a GM dealership down south...This shop is a full blown badass setup designed to store the family toys and have the tool supply to wrench with the best of the best! You wouldn't believe this to be a private shop, not to mention the interior hardware/cars!

Alan
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

subscribed
Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller

Private shop, just for personal storage of some classic cars and hot rods, plus our personal family projects. My uncle does frame off resto's on cars there as well.

I have been doing allowable sidework at my dealership for sometime now. Mostly on vettes. But, some projects as you know, take time. So I take them there, and my cousin Josh and I bang them out asap. We have seven lifts plus storage for a few cars if needed.

We've talked about opening it for business but, a greater need would need to be there. Right now, with our full time jobs, we're booked almost every weekend, on either one of his cars, customers, then lastly, my own. As it is, I have 1 day off every month. I work usually on sundays too.... driving home two hours late sunday evenings(I head north on friday nights).

If you have boys that need help or something like you mentioned,... hollar. I think you have my cell, it's always on. I'm realistic, and I have some decent experience with cars in general, let alone LSX based. I like making things go fast.

Quick Reply: Custom made turbo kit for GTO.