Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ceramic coating hot side parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ceramic coating hot side parts?

Hey guys, I will be working with Josh@KYTP here very soon to get a turbo setup together for the car and I was wondering about Ceramic Coating the hot side parts of the setup.

I am painting the engine bay to match the car and would like to take the car to a few car shows when I'm done with it. I will be doing the turbo setup with Stainless Steel piping and was thinking for the "show" factor and for the sake of underhood temps that I would looking into getting the pipes/headers ceramic coated in like a chromex or sterling silver finish.

My question is will it hold up to the heat? What do you guys do for looks on your turbo setup? I don't really want to use wrap or just leave the pipes bare, I would like to do something with some visual appeal...

Thanks
Old 07-19-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ceramic looks killer and helps with the heat also. Make sure to get the high heat stuff. I'd make sure everything fits before getting it coated too. That way if you need to do any hammering you're safe.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
Ceramic looks killer and helps with the heat also. Make sure to get the high heat stuff. I'd make sure everything fits before getting it coated too. That way if you need to do any hammering you're safe.
All of the high heat stuff that I've seen is satin in color...

Do they make a chrome or sterling silver high temp ceramic?