Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

DIY (homemade) METH kit??? + some meth questions....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
You want budget, eh?

Get some tubing, a hobbs pressure switch, a 12-volt solenoid valve (heck, you can get creative: fuel injector, n2o solenoid, whatever), a washer fluid pump (make sure it creates more pressure than the amount of boost you are running), a spray nozzle, and something to regulate flow (needle valve works great), some wire, and a bottle.

There you go.

Water/meth injection isn't rocket science. I used a setup just like that on my old GTP and worked like a champ. I would fill the reservoir everytime I filled the gas tank.
Ive been thinking about putting a kit together because i can put one together for free basically..... just not sure if it would perform as good as the snowperformance kit....
Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use a 2 bar olsd setup. I have the meth come on at 1psi...full pressure. I pull fuel accordingly in my tune. i have a progressive controller but its easier to just have it full on instantly and tune my fuel curve in the tune.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So correct me if I am wrong, but from what I am gathering is for the most "cooling" efect use 100% water, if you need some extra fuel or if you want to increase you octane (decress your chances of detonation) use a 50/50 mix, right? If what I am thinking is correct then you would sugest is to have the fuel system fully able to meat the engines needs, run fuel that is high enough in octane that you do not have to worry about detination, and run 100% water for max cooling.

If you run super unleaded and still need to raise your octane (so to speak) then run a 50/50 mix but you will have to tune for the added fuel.

Am I understanding this correctly?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
So correct me if I am wrong, but from what I am gathering is for the most "cooling" efect use 100% water, if you need some extra fuel or if you want to increase you octane (decress your chances of detonation) use a 50/50 mix, right? If what I am thinking is correct then you would sugest is to have the fuel system fully able to meat the engines needs, run fuel that is high enough in octane that you do not have to worry about detination, and run 100% water for max cooling.

If you run super unleaded and still need to raise your octane (so to speak) then run a 50/50 mix but you will have to tune for the added fuel.

Am I understanding this correctly?
From what i read and understand you are correct.... I think im gonna run winter Windshield washer fluid and its around 50/50....
Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by cablebandit
i use a 2 bar olsd setup. I have the meth come on at 1psi...full pressure. I pull fuel accordingly in my tune. i have a progressive controller but its easier to just have it full on instantly and tune my fuel curve in the tune.
If i was to do it like you (engaging at 1psi) i would not have to buy anything and could build my kit for free!

This seems like the easiest way to do it, plus i agree tuning would be easier...
Old 05-12-2013, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts

although old, i was wondering if i could use a simpler hoobs/pressure switch that kicks on at 6-8psi. im looing for about 10-12psi of boost. water/meth will be used. i had an AEM controller but its a POS and soesnt work.

Quick Reply: DIY (homemade) METH kit??? + some meth questions....