Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009 | 10:04 AM
Teching In

excellent...I'll bring a turbo we can examine
Old 08-29-2009 | 10:05 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by peter@aps
That is the most stupid post I have ever read in my life. The answer to this entire issue is very simple. Any person who has actually made an effort to return a product/turbo for warranty assessment within the warranty period has had the issue deallt with. The people who just whine and whine and do nothing about returning the product for warranty inspection get nothing as you would expect.

That means it got to you, right? Come on...admit it....or are you going to lie about this too?
Old 08-29-2009 | 10:50 AM
On The Tree

subscribed to the thread. FESS UP PETER!!
Old 08-29-2009 | 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

90 day warranty is a joke if they are knock offs. They should not be knock offs period! The website says they are "bulletproof and mits" ..And people dont' want to waste time taking them off their cars, its not that easy with the kmember needing to be dropped to take off the passenger side. Then ship them back then maybe get warranty.And no way do they want to go thru the reinstall hassle with another knock off.90 day is also not that easy to do since many guys build new engines and have their cars mabye put away in off season sometimes with no access to heated garage to work in. Still 90 day is plenty for real genuine mits or garrett almost all the time.

If these are genuine please show proof. Someone please show proof either way if its possible from visual inspection of serial numbers or something.

That survey is recent and some people have not put in their info and not everyone that bought a kit is on this forum.

I was thinking it was rare problem or even possibly not the turbos at all but something else like inlets sucking shut but after talking to so many guys like Barnat, Tomz28,etc it sure looks like f body guys got the knockoffs and mabye the gto and corvette guys didn't.

Inlets and sway bar problems should have been fixed for free. Even cheap stents like I did would be ok and sway bar spacers are also cheap enough that they should have been sent out for PR. These are minor problems annoying but fixing them myself.

Turbo reliablity is the big issue. Bulletproof means bulletproof. Mits means genuine mits. Genuine mits are pretty much bulletproof.

You should eat some shipping from your customers back to you to find out what the problems are in these turbos if you maybe did get stuck somehow with knock offs.After all its a tax writeoff to the company. And if you paid for genuine and got knock offs your company should be very mad over this. They hurt your rep bad.
I wish someone can give me price for genuine mits centers then would have idea what they cost for comparison purposed. The centers I got off ebay are likely not genuine mits centers either but at least one person has said they are working good so far for him.
They were around 400 a center section. Plug and play td06h with water cooling ports. I will have to maybe look at them and take some pics of them. They are still in the box they came in.
Old 08-29-2009 | 11:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Realized that it would be nice to have actual answer from Peter on the f body turbos.

So will make this very very simple.

PETER ARE THE F BODY TURBOS KNOCK OFFS?

YES, NO, DON'T KNOW..... PICK ONE!
IF YES SHIP GENUINE MITS CENTERS OR GIVE MONEY COMPENSATION.FORMAL APOLOGY OF COURSE IS EXPECTED.

IF NO THEN INSPECTION WILL HOPEFULLY PROVE YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH.
IF YOU ARE THEN GUESS HAVE TO LOOK FOR OTHER REASONS FOR FAILURES.
MAYBE THE COLLAPSING INLET TUBES.
IF YOU ARE LYING THEN AGAIN FORMAL APOLOGY AND COMPENSATE WTIH MONEY OR GENUINE CENTER REPLACEMENTS.

IF DON'T KNOW AND ITS PROVED THEIR KNOCK OFFS THEN AGAIN LIKELY HAVE TO GIVE OUT GENUINE MITS OR MONEY COMPENSATION AND YOU SHOULD BE GOING AFTER THE COMPANY THAT SOLD YOU THE KNOCK OFFS.

IF YOU WON'T CAN'T ANSWER THE ABOVE QUESTIONS GET OFF THE BOARD ALREADY WE ARE ALL TIRED OF THE DANCING AND EVADING DIRECT QUESTIONS. AND DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SH@TSTORM ON THE NET AND EVERYWHERE ELSE THAT YOUR POTENTIALLY RIPPED OFF CUSTOMERS WILL BE SPEAKING OUT LOUDLY CUTTING DOWN YOUR COMPANY. I WOULD NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE DAMAGE THE INTERNET CAN DO TO YOUR COMPANY.

ITS MAYBE NOT TO LATE TO SAVE YOUR COMPANIES REP AND MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY HERE. DO THE RIGHT THING. MAN UP. ANSWER DIRECTLY AND COMPENSATE. AND DON'T HIDE BEHIND 90 DAY WARRANTY IF THEY ARE NOT GENUINE MITS THAT IS STRAIGHT OUT FALSE ADVERTISING BAIT AND SWITCH.
Old 08-29-2009 | 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Default Customer service observation

That is the most stupid post I have ever read in my life. ... The people who just whine and whine and do nothing about returning the product for warranty inspection get nothing as you would expect.
You guys are so funny.............what is it that you dont understand about returning the product to have it looked at for a possible warranty claim/repair/replacement?

Do you not understand the english language?????
Please do............maybe some people out there understand english,

Peter
You'd better read this link below because not only do you not understand engilsh you have no idea or maths either.........lol. Dozens and dozens of turbo failuers would be 48 to 60 turbochargers...seem like there's alot less than that in the land of reality.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-failures.html
Peter,

I can understand being frustrated, and the frustration of your customers.

Do you believe this is the proper tone to take with any customer, ever?

My "maths" tells me that insulting customers, previous or current, is not a particularly good business model. Personal frustration or anger should be dealt with away from business matters IMHO, not openly expressed to unsatisfied clientele on a public forum.
Old 08-29-2009 | 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'd better read this link below because not only do you not understand engilsh you have no idea or maths either.........lol. Dozens and dozens of turbo failuers would be 48 to 60 turbochargers...seem like there's alot less than that in the land of reality.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-failures.html
really? engilsh? they have no idea or maths?

or was it the turbo failuers?

you had A LOT of errors in that. which, in your world, is like alot!

people like you need jobs with no customer interaction. because you personally have cost your company so much money. I guarantee nobody who has read this thread will EVER say a single good word about your company or let any of their friends/friends of friends buy your **** products.

This forum is huge, and you can bet between this forum and word of mouth APS will go from an IS to a WAS before you even know what hit you.
Old 08-29-2009 | 01:03 PM
Launching!

Old 08-29-2009 | 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RDeputy150
Peter,

I can understand being frustrated, and the frustration of your customers.

Do you believe this is the proper tone to take with any customer, ever?

My "maths" tells me that insulting customers, previous or current, is not a particularly good business model. Personal frustration or anger should be dealt with away from business matters IMHO, not openly expressed to unsatisfied clientele on a public forum.
Nothing you said is incorrect,

But I think that MUCH MORE than his tone, selling sub-par or even misrepresented products is the indiscretion that is hurting everyone.

The insults are a lovely bonus though.
Old 08-30-2009 | 11:03 AM
TECH Veteran

I dont even own a turbo system and this whole thread makes me want to kick Peter@APS in his turdmaker!

Has anybody looked into putting together a group trip to Austraila?

I would go just for the hell of it.

I plan on going forced induction soon, so I guess I will be putting in a call to Josh@ KYTP
Old 08-30-2009 | 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I dont even own a turbo system and this whole thread makes me want to kick Peter@APS in his turdmaker!

Has anybody looked into putting together a group trip to Austraila?

I would go just for the hell of it.

I plan on going forced induction soon, so I guess I will be putting in a call to Josh@ KYTP
im starting to think that this peter character is just some order take for aps, obviously this thread is going nowhere with this joker, he's just fumes.
the warranty issues, should be taken up with the bigwigs at aps, and just bypass this peter guy altogther.
hes not any help, and if anything is just hurting, whatever reputation aps has left. peter probabaly takes these issues as a joke or game. but bad happenings spread like wildfire thru the net. i suspect that most of aps revenue is internet sales based. this thread will hurt there pockets.
i for one will advise against any aps products new, used, on sale, parted out or other wise, from now on.
cheers

Last edited by NemeSS; 08-30-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2009 | 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Please quote after me...

Were those turbos original mits or not??
Old 08-30-2009 | 07:29 PM
On The Tree

time for class action law suit!
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Im no lawyer but it certainly looks good.
Old 08-30-2009 | 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chaman
Please quote after me...

And now we wait....
Old 08-31-2009 | 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

I heard their turbo's were junk but didn't think it was this bad!
Old 08-31-2009 | 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow i hope i see these guys at sema this year... pshhh
Old 08-31-2009 | 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

and you are no longer making the fbody kit...... you said it would be taken off your site a week ago, but yet it is still for sale on your site. How many orders were placed this week for the kit???????
http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody/tts2.htm
Old 08-31-2009 | 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I am not mistaken it read in the descriptions of the turbo kits that they are based upon mits?

"The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing."
Old 08-31-2009 | 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
If I am not mistaken it read in the descriptions of the turbo kits that they are based upon mits?

"The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing."
Shady description.

It could mean:

1. Modified Mits (original) for their application, thats why they use the cheesy "highly specialized" term...

2. Pieces of crap, cheap turbos designed around a good Mits, so they "meet" the Mits specs...AKA knockoffs.

Either way is a vague description. But if he indeed at some point said them were original Mits and it can be proved he indeed said this then...people you could have something going.

Quick Reply: Calling out APS