Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling out APS

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scapaldo
I'll post up pics of my Genuine MHI 20g later tonight.
Please do. We know the housings, turbine wheel, and compressor wheel aren't standard... it's the CHRA that most people are questioning.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Markings are on either coolant side. No markings on the oil sides.

This turbo was bought before knock-offs were around so its def genuine. Ran for 25k miles with a -3 feed and huge banjo, never any problems. It was pulled to replace with something bigger. Been sitting around for several years now. I could probably still bolt it up and it would outlast APS's turbos

Last edited by scapaldo; 09-23-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Cheers!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I am sorry, if you need to contact Peter or APS, you will need to utilize other means than LS1tech, they no longer have access to the site.
go to peters info. it says he was on today?

what the hell
Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

^it's probably setup so he can log on and look around but he can't post. That would be my guess.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Silvarado hows your build coming along?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

I've been very busy with rice harvest, it should be over in a week or two then it's back to bankers hours! I'm still in the information process of my build, the company I've been talking to about cast iron turbine housings and manifolds are taking their time getting back to me. I've found a guy that makes manifolds in the import world, the guy does really nice work on his NA and turbo manifolds, I'm thinking about talking with him too. I've got a guy lined up to do technical drawings of the manifolds and the intercooler, I've just got to get some time off to go drop them off.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, by the way, if anybody with an APS kit is interested in some GT35Rs for their kit please click here.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you gonna offer just the manifolds and turbos seperate, right?
Old 10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

If I make a kit I would sell any part separate, although it might be a little higher priced since it would be an individual item. I definitely wouldn't be like APS, requiring someone to buy a complete kit if you only need a few parts.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

does the original APS kit keep AC and PS?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes keeps PS and AC. Not much gets relocated at all either. Battery is in stock location and aps supplies new windshield washer reservoir and coolant overflow and new battery tray.
Alternator stays in stock location. Air and PS are untouched. Some are getting some overheating though running air on really hot days.I had one near overheat so far.I plan on upgrading radiator and installing high flow water pump. It don't get that hot up here thought and not for very long if it does.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

I dont give to ***** to turbo's myself but do feel for the people caught up in this BUT take it easy on the AUSSIE bagging.
Regards
SKIPPY
Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 AM

A lot of great stuff comes from here. One **** company doesn't mean a **** country. America has had some of the worst companies on record FFS
Old 10-28-2009, 05:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by flatchat
I dont give to ***** to turbo's myself but do feel for the people caught up in this BUT take it easy on the AUSSIE bagging.
Regards
SKIPPY
Originally Posted by killeroo
A lot of great stuff comes from here. One **** company doesn't mean a **** country. America has had some of the worst companies on record FFS
You should chill out yourselves !

I have been following this thread and i don't feel that anyone on here is beating on Australians.

This is about Peter that happens to be from Australia.

I have been told that he is a very wealthy man and the V8 twin turbo products where developed and sold more from an ego point then a money revenue exercise.

It makes up a very small part of his business.

The big money spinner for him is the 4WD market, upgrades and Unichip .

P.S Peter is really Peter , that is a fact !
Old 10-28-2009, 05:35 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by killeroo
Yes indeed, we have had our share. I would imagine that you can find losers in every country, as I seem to get a lot of their e-mail... lol Bob
Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 PM

The dust certainly appears to have settled on this thread, and frankly, nothing I believe will ever come out of it - nothing that will upset or concern Peter Luxon that is.

As the owner of APS, Peter has done in the USA what he has successfully completed in Australia. That is to rape his customers and leave them bleeding to death.

That he has not been the recipient of a '6-pack' thanks to the hundreds (literally) of people over here in Kangarooland that he has screwed over the years, surprises the hell out of me.

Seriously, the world would be a better place if Luxon went out of business - same goes for Inall.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

MEMBERS OF LS!TECH.COM,

I would like to file a motion to require "APS" (Air Power Systems) to be known and referred to from this point forward as "APoS" (A Piece of ****). It seems obvious at this point that the make of turbo in their kit is a POS, so it is only appropriate. If the members of the board agree, either say "AYE", post "APoS" in your post, or simply use "APoS" in your posts. If disagreed with, say "nay", "go F yourself", etc.
Mods, hope its cool. If not, my apologies.

Originally Posted by flatchat
Regards
SKIPPY

To our Australian members,

I dont think anybody here has anything against Australians or Australia itself. I think its also safe to say no one is knocking your manufactured products, i certainly am not. In fact, i am a bit envious of you vehicles, particularly the Holden company and the products they turn out. Rear wheel drive platforms with V8's, in all sorts of cool looking cars and unique, nifty designs like the Ute.

Anytime people throw something out there like calling Peter a "kangaroo ******", or "Peter, i hope you are sodomized with a 32oz. Foster's can as a wallabee rams his pecker down your throat and a tazmanian devil nibbles on your *******!", these aren't insults directed at australians in general. This is merely pissed of people venting their frustration. If he was from the state of Virginia, people would probably be calling him toothless, or telling him to go **** his sister, etc. If he was in Germany, people would probably be saying **** like "I hope the next time your bf Hanz shoves a gerbil up your ***, it causes you to choke on the brautwurst that you are sliding up and down your throat.". It just so happens that he is Australian, so any negative thing that can be said with an Australian reference will be said.

Ok? Dont want you Aussie's to get insulted over this. We Americans love you guys. You are and always have been one of our closest allies, have fought side by side with us in many wars and battles, and we consider you guys family. ****, all of us here that love our Beloved GTO's are driving Aussie built and designed cars. Cool??

FunFred,

I agree, i dont see anything happening to peter. Its a damn shame. At the very least, i would hope that he would be sued by a few hundred people who purchased his turbo kits and were lied to, defrauded, and then basically told to "go **** themselves" when they came to Peter asking for help when their high perfromance, "top quality", shiny new twin turbo kit blew up.

Why are people not filing police reports, calling the Better Business Bureau, calling lawyers, etc. DO SOMETHING!!! Dont allow this guy (Peter) to **** all of you over, openly mock you on the internet, and then walk off into the sunset with all of your hard earned cash without a damn thing being done!!! I mean, come on!! This guy lied about his product, claiming it was something it wasnt. Call it false advertising, call it fraud, whatever. The point is he fucked alot of people and had no problem doing it. Now he says he is getting out of the turbo kit market. You think that is because he doesnt want to do it anymore, or that his business was failing? No, he said that because the gig is up and the junk turbos he has been selling are blowing up, and the word is getting out. The gig is up, so he is cashing out. You think he would have mentioned anything about closing up shop (whether or not he actually is) if people wouldnt have caught on to the scam??

So this guy has scammed a bunch of people and left them high and dry, having to spend a good chunk of change to buy some replacement turbos. To add insult to injury, he has the nerve to come on here and either ignore or insult people who start asking him legitimate questions. He actually has the nerve to come on here and mock you guys! So he is going to be allowed to get away with this?? With all the people on here, no one has the will or desire to stick it to this scumbag?? You fellas are ok with this guy ******* you out of thousands, and then rubbing your faces in it as he laughs all the way to the bank? Like i said previously, look how many people are on this board. That is alot of connections to explore. If just the guys who bought APS kits and got screwed took some action and explored how to stick it to Peter, that would be a good amount of people teaming up and combining resources to make something happen. Out of that group of people (the APS screw-e's), there has got to be someone who is either a lawyer, a cop, or someone along those lines who knows what to do about fraudulent business dealings and how to proceed. If NONE of you guys have the know how to take action, you must at least know someone who can do something (a family member, a friend, a family friend, etc).
On top of that, you have the members of this board (and whatever other boards you guys belong to) as potential allies and resources. I am sure someone on this board or another is a lawyer or a member of law enforcement of some kind.

I dont know. Maybe its just me, but i can't imagine letting this guy (Peter) get away with this. If i spent $6000 on an item that was advertised as such and such, and it turns out that I (along with all the others who purchased this item) was scammed by being sold an inferior product, and the vendor used lies and false advertising to accomplish this scam, I would be hell-bent on making things right! At the least, i would be on a mission to either (A.) get my money back, or (B.) received the legitimate product that i paid for.
I would immediately pursue legal action against Peter\APS, and push my hardest from criminal charges to be brought against him. I would be DAMNED before i just stomped my feet, got all pissed off, cursed him out on the boards, and then just took it up the *** by going and spending more money out of my pocket to replace the junk APS (APoS) turbos and letting APoS get off scott-free. Hell the **** no!!!

Now, perhaps it would be a bitch to get the police, or the BBB, or the Feds, or whoever it would be that handles this, to get their asses in gear and go after APoS if it was just myself (one person) bringing this crime\complaint to their attention. It might still be a bitch if you had a lawyer. However, if 150 people (or however many bought the kits) all got together and brought the same charges against APoS, which would then amount to nearly 1 million dollars (150 people X $6000 per kit = $900,000) and 150 counts of the same charges (fraud, false advertising, etc\whatever), i would bet that action would be taken. This legal action would be likely to occur much quicker with that many people behind it. Between the advertising for the APoS kits, the things Peter has said and implied regarding the brand and quality of the turbos on the open board and im PM's, the actual product delivered to the customers, The pictures showing the differences between genuine Mitsu turbos versus the APoS turbos, the things Peter has said on this board (insults, denials, ignoring questions regarding the turbos brand\origin\quality\cost\manufacturer\etc), and the opinions of those who are experts on turbos, I think it would be a safe bet that Peter would be found guilty of being a scumbag thief and hopefully you guys would get your money back or replacements.

In a society as litigious and quick to charge with crimes as ours, it bewilders me when things like this go on and nothing is done. In fact, it seems like allowing scammers and thieves to walk offf scott free is the norm within the Car Mod Community. I mean, there are how many examples of **** like this happening? Just the "turbo kit" niche alone has some well known scams that went down, a few being mentioned on this very thread. And what was done in these previous cases??? From what i can tell.... Nada, Zip, Zero, Nothing. The scammer just packed up his ****, packed up his scammed money, and moved along. Why is it that our community (the cam guys, car modders, etc) just allows **** like this to occur?? I mean, sure we post up threads on the boards about it, and the threads usually either grow to 100 pages or get locked down by mods for people saying crazy **** or threatening to commit murder, but other than chest pounding and **** talking, what gets down??? Has anyone sued any of these scammers??? Has anyone who got fucked got a lawyer and\or pressed charges?? Any scammers been arrested? Hell, has anyone even heard of a scammer getting their *** kicked or being slapped around by someone they screwed?? I sure havent. It seems like us car guys (i myself am a car guy, so i am including myself) talk a good game, but we dont do **** about it when we get scammed. No lawsuits, no pressing charges, nothing. IS it any wonder that scam artists buzz our community like gnats, and that things like this happen time and time again?? It is because it is virtually risk free!! If you scam and\or steal and get caught, no worries!! There likely wont be any repercussions, and you can even talk **** to the people you scammed and mock them as you walk off with their money!

Come on guys, I really want to see things done right by you. Hell, hopefully you guys can sue Peter and APoS and use the money you get back to buy new, better turbo parts from xXxSilveradoxXx !!!

Quick Reply: Calling out APS