Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling out APS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 02:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bygblok
Nobody should be bashing John for trying to keep it civil though. Know what I mean?
Bashing John is totally un-cool, that dude is the co-God of this site. IMHO
I agree that the non-APS customers need to tone it down, although I think that it's fine that they post here. I can't really tell the APS customers that had their turbos fail to tone it down thought. IMO they kind of have a right, as long as they don't go too far with it.

On another note; your post was the first time anyone called me by my "real" name in this thread, it makes me a little nervous!

For the record: Pete (xXxSilveradoxXx) ≠ Peter (Peter@APS)
Old 09-20-2009, 02:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
That was weak. I can't imagine his sponsorship money keeps this board alive. Just ban his *** and it'll be done.
**** Him... Let him keep sponsoring, even double his fee's..
Atleast you guys are getting something back off the **** jockey..
Old 09-20-2009, 02:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
My humble opinion:

Those who have never bought an APS system, and never plan to, should dial it down. and stop posting.

Peter should stop posting those taunting messages. Come on. You've got a number of past customers in this thread and you are acting like that. Come on.
I respect your comments and I won't post again in this thread again as it serves no point,

Regards,

Peter
Old 09-20-2009, 03:30 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peter@aps
I respect your comments and I won't post again in this thread again as it serves no point,

Regards,

Peter

the man with the lil chode speaks........ sorry had to get that one in there
oh and Pete(not er) you posted your name in an earlier part of the thread....lol Sorry about making you nervous(stalk, stalk, stalk!!) Bill
Old 09-20-2009, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

I'm not bashing PSJ, he a good dude! I just thought his response to how the toolbag was acting could have been toned-up a little bit.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
Excuse me but why should I stop posting? For one I seriously considered this kit, and second, I do feel the need to voice my opinion. In a way am supporting all the guys who went ahead and bought it just to be involved in the middle of a fraud.
As an actual owner of an APS kit, you are not supporting me at all. If anything, I feel this thread screwed the actual owners of APS kits more then APS themselves. The actual owners will never get any support from APS thanks to the continous beating of Peter on this thread.

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
My humble opinion:

Those who have never bought an APS system, and never plan to, should dial it down. and stop posting.

Peter should stop posting those taunting messages. Come on. You've got a number of past customers in this thread and you are acting like that. Come on.
I agree with Pro Stock John 100%.

With all of that being said, lets make this thread constuctive.

Lets determine why the turbos are failing and what can be done to prevent them from failing. This would support the actual owners.

Let stop beating on Peter, this is not helping the actual owners. Peter has provided valuable input a couple of times recently (example: regarding banjo bolt holes). Without Peters input, I would have drilled the hole larger on my banjo bolt.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

I think Peter should still post but everyone should stop fighting.

Guys, Tony and I haven't owned LS1TECH since April of 2007, I'm just hangin' out.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

While we're all on the topic now of what certain people should be doing...

I think Peter should answer the questions posed regarding the turbo's...

But since no one is doing what they should be doing in this thread... Let it run it's own way. Users can post whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate rules.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6 John
As an actual owner of an APS kit, you are not supporting me at all. If anything, I feel this thread screwed the actual owners of APS kits more then APS themselves. The actual owners will never get any support from APS thanks to the continous beating of Peter on this thread.

I agree with Pro Stock John 100%.

With all of that being said, lets make this thread constuctive.

Lets determine why the turbos are failing and what can be done to prevent them from failing. This would support the actual owners.

Let stop beating on Peter, this is not helping the actual owners. Peter has provided valuable input a couple of times recently (example: regarding banjo bolt holes). Without Peters input, I would have drilled the hole larger on my banjo bolt.
LOL Dude,What did you think Peter was going to say about the banjo bolts ?Hey guys ,sorry about the wrong banjo bolts LOL No,Hes not going to say that and accept resposibllity for the turbo failures as of so far LOL Let us all know how long your turbos last with that 1 tiny *** bango holed bolt These turbos are internally metered and if you restrict it even more threw the bango youll be starving the turbo at higher RPMs Even punching open to a 1/8 size would be better then what it is now. I now alot of guys that have done it so far and there turbos are fine!Even the upgraded LG turbos have bigger oiling holes in there banjo bolts Take peters advice for what its worth my man !The only thing he did was post a pic of the banjo bolt from APS'S site and said this is what was was in our kits . He knows NOTHING about turbos or he would have chimmed in MANY months ago trying to help us figuire out what was going on with these turbos as soon as they started failing on us,(( which he didnt)) So go ahead and listen to peter if you want LOL
Old 09-20-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
i do apologize for the way i worded it if that was directed toward me but i dont see a problem in posting..

i do agree with things you said but you cannot take it out on another sponsor. so many sponsors on here hold a good rep and do what they say they will do. youre always going to get one bad one every once in a while
I agree with you my man 100% and think the other sponsors on here that have a good rep should speak up about this for their customers sake and their sake . Because if **** like this keeps happening ,,,,tech members will start thinking twice about buying a new product or anything for that matter knowing what happened to us APS buyers of this bum turbo kit This is all i was really trying to get across to all of you!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would like this thread to turn into more of a informative thread................those of us who have the aps kit need options for the turbos....

gt35's are prob one of the better options for replacing the little 20g's, but we need to locate some exhaust housings for them

we can get the 5 bolt ford style exhaust housings, but they are only offered in up to a .82 ar housing............................For the folks that are running 400+ cubes we really need to have 1.06 housings, but i havn't seen them in the 5-bolt ford style exhaust housings

Anybody know of a source to get the ford style 5-bolt exhaust housings in a 1.06??

That type of an exhaust housing would make it a lot easier to get the gt35's on the aps kits
Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by barnat
LOL Dude,What did you think Peter was going to say about the banjo bolts ?Hey guys ,sorry about the wrong banjo bolts LOL No,Hes not going to say that and accept resposibllity for the turbo failures as of so far LOL Let us all know how long your turbos last with that 1 tiny *** bango holed bolt These turbos are internally metered and if you restrict it even more threw the bango youll be starving the turbo at higher RPMs Even punching open to a 1/8 size would be better then what it is now. I now alot of guys that have done it so far and there turbos are fine!Even the upgraded LG turbos have bigger oiling holes in there banjo bolts Take peters advice for what its worth my man !The only thing he did was post a pic of the banjo bolt from APS'S site and said this is what was was in our kits . He knows NOTHING about turbos or he would have chimmed in MANY months ago trying to help us figuire out what was going on with these turbos as soon as they started failing on us,(( which he didnt)) So go ahead and listen to peter if you want LOL

Understood... however (I will bring this up again)... the lines that supply oil to the banjo bolts have holes only slightly bigger than 1/16"... take a look. The banjo bolts could be drilled (not sure if that's good or bad yet), but then you would still be restricted by the lines. I'll try to take a pic of the lines tonight.

Last edited by bigblueturtle; 09-21-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
Understood... however (I will bring this up again)... the lines that supply oil to the banjo bolts have holes only slightly bigger than 1/16"... take a look. The banjo bolts could be drilled (not sure if that's good or bad yet), but then you would still be restricted by the lines. I'll try to take a pic of the lines tonight.

Notice the oil line's hole (maybe 1/8") is barely bigger than the banjo bolt's hole (1/16"). Would drilling the banjo bolt even help much at all?

More stuff...

LHS Oil In

LHS Oil Drain

LHS Coolant In

LHS Coolant Out

RHS Coolant In

RHS Coolant Out

If the CHRAs were genuine... wouldn't the coolant IN/OUT be the same on both turbos???

Last edited by bigblueturtle; 09-21-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
IB

I am sorry, if you need to contact Peter or APS, you will need to utilize other means than LS1tech, they no longer have access to the site.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^ I have read this whole thread, yes the whole thread, all 814 posts and this is the best post I have seen in the whole thing. Good way to step up IB Adrian
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

APS got what it deserved
Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes they did, and to leave this thread open is just Icing on the Cake! Thank you LS1TECH!

Peter, LOL at you!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

I'll post up pics of my Genuine MHI 20g later tonight.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by frcefed98
APS got what it deserved
They only got a little of what they deserve. What they really need are multiple a law suits for false advertisement. Those who bought the kit were mis led from the begining. Peter never stated the turbos were genuine, but he did agree they were once someone else stated the fact. I know this because I re-read the entire advertisement thread that he started. I still may pursue legal action. I've already contacted ICPEN, and they referred me to econsumer.gov. Is it worth my time and money... I don't know yet.

Last edited by bigblueturtle; 09-23-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling out APS