Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling out APS

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
yeah with the conversion rate at the time(about 6months ago) they were 2100 for both.
That's fairly steep, you could probably score a couple MHI 20g centers for a lot less then that. I'm sure there is a decent advantage to the billet centers but the question is if it's worth it.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

who was the other AUSSIE company that came out with a ttkit about the same time these fools did? back in early to mid 07 right? wow i remember i actually received the deposit form for this kit and for some reason decided to wait a bit. good thing i went procharger.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Why is this clown still a sponsor?
Old 09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

because John and Tony dont make those decisions and IB ( current owner of Ls1tech.com) is not so much on anything other than the bottom line. APS pays their moneys and remain a sponsor.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps
I have one set of F body GT35 turbos for sale and thay are a straight bolt on to the exhaust manifolds and down pipes...........this approach is far easier and would save you heaps of other mods.

Peter
How about you shove them up your ***? Say cheers, while youre at it...

If these clowns already fucked guys in Australia too....why dont people take this seriously and consider a lawsuit?? Would love to see this ***** saying cheers with a couple of handcuffs!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scapaldo
That's fairly steep, you could probably score a couple MHI 20g centers for a lot less then that. I'm sure there is a decent advantage to the billet centers but the question is if it's worth it.
if you can show me 2 (again 2) ball bearing turbos that will support about the same as a gt35R for around 2100. i will give you 100 dollars.

one gt35r by itself is around that price.

and TAQuickness, i dont think i asked. so probly plus shipp. say 300. idk what ship is.

but LG wants around 2200 for theres. and these are ball bearing. so i think they should be worth more.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by peter@aps
I'm just saying that I have one set of GT 35 turbos with the larger 1.06 A/R turbine housings that I can sell...........if you prefer to go another route that fine,

Cheers,

Peter
Good luck with that sale on this site!

yeah with the conversion rate at the time(about 6months ago) they were 2100 for both.
Those Billet centers kinda don't look like they have water cooling ports, do they? $2,100 for both seem a little steep, especially since I can get a set of Garrett GT35Rs for $2,800 150 miles from my house. When are you planning on getting these billet 20G centers? I'm curious how they will work out for you.

I think the main advantage is these 20G centers have dual ball bearings.

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
because John and Tony dont make those decisions and IB ( current owner of Ls1tech.com) is not so much on anything other than the bottom line. APS pays their moneys and remain a sponsor.
Do sponsors pay monthly, quarterly or annually?

Originally Posted by chaman
....why dont people take this seriously and consider a lawsuit?? Would love to see this ***** saying cheers with a couple of handcuffs!
I'm wondering when MHI is gonna find out that APS is selling cheap, Chinese knock-offs as legitimate Mitsubishi turbos. That will not be good for APS.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^pretty sure its Quarterly but dont quote me on that.

I was talking to a sponsor that was thinking he was going to close his doors and sell off all his stock, this was a few months ago. He told me his TECH sponsorship was paid through September, which leads me to believe its quarterly.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

if you can show me 2 (again 2) ball bearing turbos that will support about the same as a gt35R for around 2100. i will give you 100 dollars.

one gt35r by itself is around that price.
These ball bearing centers flow like a 35R? I'm not sure what 35Rs have to do with my statement, or the center sections you posted.

I was just wondering if the ball bearing option in these is worth it over standard MHI 20g's.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx

I'm wondering when MHI is gonna find out that APS is selling cheap, Chinese knock-offs as legitimate Mitsubishi turbos. That will not be good for APS.
They probably won't do anything, they didn't do anything to the chinese companys that were selling knock offs for the last 5 years. They even went as far as casting 'Evo 3 16g' in the side of the compressor and marketed them as Evo 3 turbos.

APS will probably just close down and open up under a new name.

Last edited by scapaldo; 09-08-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Yep & this forum should have never been sold. But money talks & bullshit walks.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Teching In

They probably won't do anything, they didn't do anything to the chinese companys that were selling knock offs for the last 5 years. They even went as far as casting 'Evo 3 16g' in the side of the compressor and marketed them as Evo 3 turbos.

APS will probably just close down and open up under a new name.
I think it only has to be 9% different to the genuine article to beat Patent Laws.. +depends if you have taken a Patient out Nationally or Internationally, etc, etc. There would be a tonne of loopholes in the production of Turbos especially.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

I agree that people should file a lawsuit against APS. Is anyone here on this board a lawyer? I am curious as to which path to take...
1. Suing for false advertising, since APS claimed them to be mitsu turbos, specially designed for their kits, etc when in fact they were your run of the mill chinee knock off.
2. Fraud for selling a turdblo that would quickly self destruct, and not standing behind their product in anyway useful to the customer. The only way they stood behind their product was claiming it was great, there is nothing wrong with it, the turbos are the genuine article, etc.

or perhaps another avenue of attack? Whatever method is taken, i think something neeeds to be done. You guys with APS kits shouldnt have to eat the cost of new turbo's install, new motor if the turbo destroyed ur motor when it exploded, etc.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Torque666
I think it only has to be 9% different to the genuine article to beat Patent Laws.. +depends if you have taken a Patient out Nationally or Internationally, etc, etc. There would be a tonne of loopholes in the production of Turbos especially.
I agree. The way I see it, if a company as big as Borg Warner can't even stop the knock-offs, I don't think anyone can. BW is fully aware of them and actively testing them and making videos of their shortcomings, but the knock-offs ('borg warner' cast into them also) keep being produced.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Good luck with that sale on this site!

Those Billet centers kinda don't look like they have water cooling ports, do they? $2,100 for both seem a little steep, especially since I can get a set of Garrett GT35Rs for $2,800 150 miles from my house. When are you planning on getting these billet 20G centers? I'm curious how they will work out for you.

I think the main advantage is these 20G centers have dual ball bearings.

Do sponsors pay monthly, quarterly or annually?

Hey there silverado! Are you still building your kit that you got from a member here? How's that going? Don't mean to hijack; but I was just wondering if you're still going to use parts of the kit.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

These ball bearing centers flow like a 35R? I'm not sure what 35Rs have to do with my statement, or the center sections you posted.

I was just wondering if the ball bearing option in these is worth it over standard MHI 20g's.
sorry the way i meant it was. these mit20 centers make as much power as a gt35r. so basicly

1 billit turbo center = gt35r

so two gt35r turbos(in theory) are priced for 2100.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Are there any dyno sheets to prove that they flow as much as gt35r's?
Old 09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Does the price include the machine work on the housings?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Teching In

extremely interesting thread. Not a lawyer but I'll bet big bucks you couldn't get anywhere esp with a suit out of country. And they don't handcuff people in civil suits.

Great job calling someone out. Well written and very effective.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Are there any dyno sheets to prove that they flow as much as gt35r's?
well louis did the work his 20g turbos and they make 70lbs/min.

well gt35 make 65lbs/min, so do these centers.

also i said the same power as gt35r. not same flow. so spool up could be quicker or slower. idk. if i had to guess i would say quicker since they are smaller then the gt35r

Quick Reply: Calling out APS