Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling out APS

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, what flange do we have on the aps turbos...............they are not t3's

any chance on finding a gt35 exhaust housing that have the same flange as our aps manifolds and have the 5 bolt external wg flange for the down pipe?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
^^^pretty sure its Quarterly but dont quote me on that.

I was talking to a sponsor that was thinking he was going to close his doors and sell off all his stock, this was a few months ago. He told me his TECH sponsorship was paid through September, which leads me to believe its quarterly.
It will be interesting to see if APS is still a sponsor at the end of the third quarter.

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
Hey there silverado! Are you still building your kit that you got from a member here? How's that going? Don't mean to hijack; but I was just wondering if you're still going to use parts of the kit.
I'm gonna be looking into it. I only got the kit 5 days ago!

Originally Posted by jobberone
extremely interesting thread. Not a lawyer but I'll bet big bucks you couldn't get anywhere esp with a suit out of country. And they don't handcuff people in civil suits.

Great job calling someone out. Well written and very effective.
That is probably true, nothing legally will happen with APS. Although, I think business will never be the same for them with this thread floating around the internet.

Originally Posted by bluehawk2
So, what flange do we have on the aps turbos...............they are not t3's

any chance on finding a gt35 exhaust housing that have the same flange as our aps manifolds and have the 5 bolt external wg flange for the down pipe?
Tonight I'll measure up the APS flange and post up the measurements in comparison with the T3. The APS flange closely resembles the T3. I have yet to call anyone to get a custom turbine housing made but I will do that soon.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a few years, after people have forgotten APS (and way forgotten Incon) and just have the hardparts and the numbers from the cars that got those kits to work right, someone will come back and do it again. Whoever said the fbody community has a short memory - almost. As was posted, people did hem and haw about it, but the fbody crowd is also willing to let product stand on its own merit. Perhaps to a fault.

On the other hand, the products from these businesses are a lasting legacy. People still run Incon kits and mod them, sell them and hand down only the performance and not the backstory. People forget the bad business and only see the numbers. It says a lot about the ideas that outlast the companies or people that made them.

Call me a student of history. I used to want an Incon kit very badly.

Bravo Silverado. I hope you get what you were really looking for - it looks like you are back on track- a fast twin turbo car, which is all any of us really want.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Incon, GMR, Hi-flo, OFI and now APS. Don't see the people that dealt with them directly ever forgetting. But it is nice to see the ironed out kits finally produce.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Public
Incon, GMR, Hi-flo, OFI and now APS. Don't see the people that dealt with them directly ever forgetting. But it is nice to see the ironed out kits finally produce.
Bad part about that though??? IIRC, Joel from OFI had direct ties to GMR's demise, and you've got APS tied in to Incon at this point via the same person. Seems the bad apples MUST be avoided for sure.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

As promised, the APS manifold flanges. They are both pretty much the same. Both of these pictures aren't to scale, which kind of bugs me personally. Tomorrow when I am on my work computer I'll make some nice to scale drawings.

Last edited by xXxSilveradoxXx; 09-08-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by Stelth
Too late mate !

He burnt his bridges a very long time ago in Australia.

He does not give anyone the time of day if they are from Australia.

Our major forum with around 40K registered members is

www.ls1.com.au

I hope you guys don't think bad of the rest of us down here cause of one bad apple.

We disowned him a long time ago !
Any comments on this Peter?

Cheers.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

I guess it was only a matter of time......ggeeezzz
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder how Peter must feel? americans now hate him, his own countrymen hate him, and anybody the 2 countrys combined can get to listen now hates him....

How must it feel to be despised by The World?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
IHow must it feel to be despised by The World?
I feel good............very happy......all good for me.........lol.

Peter
Old 09-09-2009, 04:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by peter@aps
I feel good............very happy......all good for me.........lol.

Peter
I can't believe you said that "out loud".

I think the **** is about to hit the fan.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx

He's a poor businessman and that's all there is to it. Karma will come back to bite him in the ***; HARD. Whether or not he see's it for a year or two; he will eventually.

Oh and I'm all down for seeing **** hit the fan.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx

You make me laugh, I've done absolutely zero wrong so why should I not be happy. Any customer who has a problem is welcome to contact me direct at any time and I will do what I can to assist. Other than that, I'm a very happy person and have no concern about what some on this forum say, it's water off a ducks back to me....lol.

Peter
Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Did you address any of the failures yet? Aside from telling customers to remove them and ship them back on their dime. There is obviously a problem with the turbos and you, the vendor, should be doing something about it.

Where are the CHRA's actually made? looking at close up pictures they are 100% NOT MHI!

What do you attribute to the high failure rate of the turbos?

These are questions that need answers.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by scapaldo
Did you address any of the failures yet? Aside from telling customers to remove them and ship them back on their dime. There is obviously a problem with the turbos and you, the vendor, should be doing something about it.
Without seeing the turbo apart I can't dignose a turbo problem (nor can anyone else for that matter).............customers need to return the turbo to APS for inspection and dignosis, if they expect any assistance.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

One out of three answers isn't bad.

Due to the HIGH (13/17 due to the poll you posted earlier) failure rate, you should step up as a vendor and pay shipping for the turbos to get back to you.

If they are MHI, you would want to figure out what the problem is since it would be unlikely that they would fail. The fact that you clearly don't care about the issue tells me that you already know the problem, the turbos are of sub-par quality.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Banned

if a customer returns on there dollars and it is bad do you ship new turbos for free. and give money back for what it cost to ship the bad ones?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

One out of three answers isn't bad.

Due to the HIGH (13/17 due to the poll you posted earlier) failure rate, you should step up as a vendor and pay shipping for the turbos to get back to you.
We can go around in circles forever, the customer needs to return the turbos at his own expense (within the waranty period and this is our policy ) if the customer expects the turbo to be considered for warranty repair/replacement.
If they are MHI, you would want to figure out what the problem is since it would be unlikely that they would fail. The fact that you clearly don't care about the issue tells me that you already know the problem, the turbos are of sub-par quality.
I'm not going to lose any sleep over the issue if the customer does not want to co-operate (help himself) and return the problem turbo for inspection. It's really a very simple deal to get assistance if the customer is really genuine and concerned.
Cheers,

Peter
Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 AM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone with a turbo failure had the turbos professionally checked out to see what caused it? To make a blanket statement that the turbos were at fault is BS without actually getting the problem diagnosed. It could be the turbo, oil feed line, clearances, oil return there are a bunch of possible problems.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
Peter, how much more simple can this be put? You did nothing wrong… how do you figure that???

Failed turbos isn’t the main problem here. FRAUD is the main problem.

You mislead customers by advertising and selling a turbo kit with modified 20Gs and then shipped a totally different product.

NO, you don’t need to look at failed turbos. You need to address the real problem. Why did we pay for modified 20Gs and then get something else?

Inlet ducts sucking shut (at power levels the kit was designed to support) is NOT the customers fault.

Inlet ducts interfering with swaybars (on factory un-modified cars) is NOT the customers
fault.
^^^ i am one of the first 50. and i paid 5500(or something like that) for a turbo kit that can support 18psi and be a bolt on kit.

so peter can i have my Inlet ducts for free. you didnt sell me the kit i bought. when you release the intle ducts we went over it then.

You say you havent done anything wrong. well so far you havent sold me what i bought and that is wrong. so can i please have my turbo kit that supports 18psi. so if i just need the inlet ducts. please ship them to me at your cost. and i will ship the old ones back at my cost

Quick Reply: Calling out APS