Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling out APS

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter wheter or not you want to admit it the turbo's in the f body kit do not last. You can play the role all you want. But we gave you our hard earned $ and you gave us subpar turbo's. Josh just said it the best way you can

Otherwise, lay it on the table. Fix your issues. Man up and take the hit. Quit dodging the bullet. Freight is the costs of the buyer... That is a load of BS being you sold them the setup...
Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Launching!

silverado... whoever puts this together ill buy a set of those manifolds. probably like 5 sets and anyone got a line on that intercooler?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Well it's far superior service when you compare that to the US comapanies who took the money for a turbo kit and then delivered ZIP.
Refer to my previous comment of...Well then it makes it ok.

I am not going to say anything else because the OP has made a really good thread and I am not going to be the one to come in here and mess things up and get it locked. Everyone here knows what APS is and what you are Peter and that's fine. Just please don't insult our intelligence.

I will be watching the status of the manifolds and the intercooler.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KnightmareLS1
What the hell is it worth with junk turbos?!?!
Absolutely, even the Ebay turbos last longer.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

man i was planning to go APS when i finish getting the forged 408 pieced together.

not anymore!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by 13lu91rS
man i was planning to go APS when i finish getting the forged 408 pieced together.

not anymore!
The more people that know the better. I was hell bent on this kit till I started reading the boards.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any issues with the STAGE 2 KIT ??? The BIGGER TURBOS ?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 13lu91rS

not anymore!
Thats ok as we don't have any systems and we are not prooducing any more systems,

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SScam68
there is probably a minimum quantity. I'm wondering what that number is.

You still have to piece the rest of the kit together.
min order was 50 units

No plans for producing any turbo systems for the new camaro.

Cheers,

Peter
wow. kinda suprising. bet when thigns change, the are the first one to offer a turbo kit. i mean, how much of the camaro, g8, gto systems all have in common

No, just too busy to produce turbo systems (we do produce a lot of other parts) which have no real profit or volume sales.

Cheers,

Peter
bull ****! you will keep making the vette and subi kits. that is where you have always been loyal
Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Thats ok as we don't have any systems and we are not prooducing any more systems,

Cheers,

Peter

I LOVE IT!

You're having so much fun with this. You can't hide it can you?

Well, not one F-body owner has posted he has called APS's customer service, returned the defective turbos, and had them repaired or replaced under warranty.

Hmmm... I guess no F-body owner has tried to get that done. [/sarcasm]

I guess the question about whether or not the turbo's are knock-offs won't be answered either.

And every rapist out there now has a new defense in court: That there are criminals out there that murder people instead.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

No, just too busy to produce turbo systems (we do produce a lot of other parts) which have no real profit or volume sales.

Cheers,

Peter
So I just had a quick look at your site and it seems to me that turbo systems are your main thing....so what other parts are you guys making? maby you need to be real clear on this, is APS ONLY dropping the Fbody twin turbo system....or are you guys getting out of the turbo system market?

I have helped on a APS build and have driven the car and the kit does work, there's no question there, but IMO the oil return setup is a POS and the turbos are POS....now, I'm just a simple small town farmer but arn't the turbos and oil system two of the most improtant parts of a twin turbo motor??? not to mention that most people have more than 10 grand into a build that now has to be taken out of the car(not that easy)to change out crappy parts that never should have been there in the first place.

Ya, APS might be a step higher than the companys that shafted people on turbo kits....but it's still a crappy kit...look at it this way, if BMW made a car with crappy motors would you say it was a good car? nice every where else but the main parts are ****.

Bottom line is the kit is not that good, and the way that APS delt with the problem is a joke.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:49 AM
12 Second Club

WOW, that pretty much sums up this thread. I was wondering how it would go down & as I thought APS tucked tail & has beat around the bush not directly anwsering questions. What a crock of ****.

I honestly dont see how you can wake up & feel like a man every day knowing damn good & well you fucked over a untold number of customers. It's your turbo kit, you chose the parts so you know damn well where they cam from. you are also aware of their quality weather you wanna man up & admit it or not. No business man invest in something without knowing the quality, not in this market. You knew damn good & well you bought **** turbos & just crossed your fingers it wouldnt bite you in the *** & now that it has your avoiding fixing the issues & backing out of a strong market in the f-bodies. that in itself shows your a slithering snake. And being outside the country makes it the icing on your cake since most your customers cant just show up at your front door.

This whole situation is sickening. There has to be some sort of action everyone with a problematic kit can take. Is there no warranty of any kind on his kits? If so why the hell would you guys buy something so expensive without a warranty? He should be held accountable for the problem & be forced to fix them. But I doubt anyone could take him to court being he is in another country.

I say the mods should rip their status & ban their sorry asses. I have seen people banned for less & if something in the high ups here doesnt happen, that'll be pretty ****** pathetic on the admins part. You guys cant just allow any tom dick & harry to sell cheap **** on here & keep them on just b/c they pay for their little sponsor ship fee. This is the perfect time to step up as a community of car lovers who look out for eachother & say we will not tolerate bullshit like this anymore. FI is a expensive route to take & for someone to knowingly sell **** turbos with their kits & then when it's discovered not fix anything, not respond to the direct questions dealing with said situation & not replace the turbos they knew were **** to being with is flat out unacceptable.

Peter you can say whatever snakey **** you want but you knew man. You knew exactly where those damn turbos came from, how much per unit you paid & you knew what you were getting. If you didnt then you deserve to go under for not properly testing your products before selling the **** outta them. And you deserve it anyway for not standing behind your products. On top of not even being man enough to step up & make it right with people who spent thousands of their hard earned dollars with you.

Sorry to the OP for the few curse words but I'm tired of seeing this stuff happen on here. I personally helped rid the board a couple years ago of Cold Fusion cause of their bullshit they were pulling & this is by far way worse. So if the admins dont take action against APS onthis it'll be a sad day for the LS1tech community.

I'm not a member on corvette forum but someone needs to link this over there for all to see & the GTO boards as well. I might even link it to a couple import forums since he makes kits for them as well. I got no problem helpin out a snake.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it's far superior service when you compare that to the US comapanies who took the money for a turbo kit and then delivered ZIP.
lol a shot at the old hi-flow kit? At least my friend's old 76gts turbo included with that kit never took a ****.

Upsetting to see APS dropping the ball like this.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see APS caring or being on the board as a sponsor anymore since they said they are not making any more f body kits. Not clear if they are continuing to make corvette kits.Assume no more gto kits either those cars were less production than the f bodies.

I think Kentucky should step up to the plate and start offering some twin turbo kits that keep the air and have good access to plugs,etc and if he can do them for reasonable price then likely sell quite a few. I said before and saying it again didn't want a single kit. Have single turbos on my talons and wanted a twin kit.
I ordered gmr speed kit lost 2000 bucks.And we have a bunch of US and board sponsored companies that went under with board guys and many other peoples money.

Bamf buddy I don't have to rip the entire kit out there are several drop in center carts that will fit the aps. You can simply buy 20gs , genuine 20gs. LG is making his upgraded ones that will get over winter. The gravity feed don't work the best but scavenger pumps are pretty reasonable few hundred bucks mine was 300 or 350 forget already and cost another couple hundred for stainless lines and an fittings.

The other little problems were easy and cheap to fix, inlets,sway bar.And the kit was 4500 shipped. Lets see what kentucky can put out a twin turbo with name brand turbos like garett for that can keep air with good as aps fitting intercooler,etc. As said he could likely sell quite a few as long as he can deliver and stays in business and no offence to kentucky but these little companies no matter how solid they seem or how great their rep can go bye bye overnight like gmr speed did to me. Some partnership bullshit supposedly and they are bye bye with my 2grand.

And lost money lots of times in past to little companies. I just about lost thousands last year dealing with canadian performance.Their main guy Dave Deluca passed on and I was left hanging in the middle of my 408 build. It took months longer than it should have. Finally they stepped up ,had another shop finish the engine but now don't really know much about the motor and no one really to ask questions about it. I get some slap when cold would like to ask the builder.Course have forged pistons and they generally do that but other guys with same pistons are saying they don't get any. And have other questions that can't be answered.And that was sponsored apparently rock solid shop but in one day everything changed there.

I hope my built 408 is ok and gets some miles out of it.
But lesson learned is next time buying engine from big big shop. Or make damn sure you pay with visa and can get refund when your stuff never comes.

I don't regret getting my aps kit as there was nothing out there to buy ,again talking twin and not even many singles not sold by small companies.
Sts was not on my list. Their first gen had lots of things on it that wasn't so great. Looks like they finally fixed some of that in the latest version. Their prices are way up there they used to be a lot cheaper when they first started making kits.

Ati older kits were not great. They had belt slippage problems, aftermarket has come in to help in that area. The older units weren't that reliable.
Other supercompanies had tons of problems too. Powerdyne,Paxton both pretty much garbage. Local guy has had so many paxtons rebuild its not funny. Powerdyne is long gone I think? Vortech not sure on them. They are not as popular as ATI.

The aps kits would be good deals used and the turbos as said are the wild card. They do not have 100% failure it seems with some people getting fair amount of miles out of them..Huggerz, some others. Not pushing them past 8psi seems to be a good idea especially on bigger than stock size engines.Not saying thats a good thing they should have been able to go to like 20psi all day if they were true mits 20gs.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Banned

maybe lg can buy those manifolds and make a better kit. and it will be USA made.

i loved the aps kit when it came out. look great. sounded great.

all i got to say is if i ever visit my family friedn down under. i will go give APS a visit too.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cheers,

Peter
I stayed out of this thread until this comment.

It's too bad that LS1Tech has a horrible sponsor like this that only gives bad reputations to new and upcomming LSx owners/builders.

This is **** poor at BEST for a response as a business owner of ANY caliber.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wildta
Anyone have any issues with the STAGE 2 KIT ??? The BIGGER TURBOS ?
I haven't heard anything so far. According to Louis (LGmotorsports) they use the 20G Sy/Ty CHRA, the same turbine housing as the C6 Z06 kit turbos, with a GT35 wheel.

edit: I'm not sure which wheel he was talking about, compressor or turbine.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
The other little problems were easy and cheap to fix, inlets,sway bar.And the kit was 4500 shipped.
How the hell did you get away with paying the $1000 deposit due in May '07???
Old 08-20-2009, 10:03 AM
7 Second Club

Received 321 Likes on 216 Posts

Birds of a feather.... Dave Inall, nothing more needs to be said. Go buy cheap authentic 20g centers and be done with it as you ARE NOT going to get any help from these guys with their shitty chinese turbos.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

^^^ doesnt Dave Inall work for you? or own this place? so basicly he stole from US twice?

now Peter,
we are not saying shut down f-body(which it looks like you have) i would love to buy another kit for my other ta. but the turbos are ****. can you go back after the company that made them for you. call it serivce for your customers.

Quick Reply: Calling out APS