Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Too much power for Rearend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:31 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI. You can run the 1/4 mile on a Mustang Chassis Dyno such as ours. You can launch the car and even though the front is strapped down, the wheels will come off the dyno. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/hotCars.php?car=44 This Mustang did, it was impressive.

If you're just tuning on the dyno, I highly doubt you're going to break a 10 bolt. Bob
Old 08-28-2009, 06:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
No one else noticed he don't have anything about motor mods in his sig and he is trying to get 700rwtq? I think the stock bottom end has more of a chance of taking a crap than the rear on the dyno.
....really?

317 heads, GM MLS Headgaskets, 7.4" hardened pushrods, epp blower cam, patriot gold valvesprings and titanium retainers, ARP headstuds

i am already putting down 575rwtq on a mustang dyno and I have a LOOOOT left on the table.. so I think it'll happen easily and not intentionally lol

Originally Posted by kornboy
Hey matt, I started doing my turbo when you started doing yours and it sounds like yours came along quite nicely. My car is only putting down 450 HP on a mustang dyno. My tunner called me and had extra time so he tunned the car with my meth kit and a 100 shot of nos it was his kit and was trying to sell it to me. He put on about 20 miles on the dyno and the transmission went out!! But the stock 10 bolt lived strong. I never got a final number. The highest peak he got was 650 HP. GOODLUCK!
wow, yours sounds pretty ridiculous with meth AND nitrous lol - keep me posted on that build, ur gonna make big numbers obviously *grin*

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
I've done all of the above and my 10-bolt has lasted since 02 when I bought it. 100% stock and unopened.
well im liking the sounds of that

Originally Posted by kikass_z28
I know someone that pulled a 1.4 60' spraying off the line with ten bolt and drag radials.......I guess you never know til you try it. Some break easily and others dont
i hear that, thats why im gonna try it lol - if all else fails ill shut her down early for the winter lol

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
FYI. You can run the 1/4 mile on a Mustang Chassis Dyno such as ours. You can launch the car and even though the front is strapped down, the wheels will come off the dyno. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/hotCars.php?car=44 This Mustang did, it was impressive.

If you're just tuning on the dyno, I highly doubt you're going to break a 10 bolt. Bob
yea i wont be doing any 1/4 runs on the dyno - and thanks for the positive feedback!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back when I made 650RWHP I had the stock 10 bolt (bone stock, stock posi, gears, axles etc.) not only on the dyno for tons of pulls, but also at the track. That thing was a champ. Took a couple of 1.44 60's off the footbrake then started whining.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I was running my stock 3.42 geared 10 bolt at the track with 605rwhp doing 1.7 60's and running 10.5@135mph. Car had no suspension work so I had to clutch it out of the hole and it would spin 2nd. I pulled it from the car in working order over the winter for my 9"
Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

i really hope i have the same luck as you guys!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sujo, I don't mean to be the barer of bad news but that's still a stock BOTTOM end. The piston ring lands are usually the thing to go over 550rwhp and on boosted applications you pass that before you hit 700rwtq. Good luck to you and I hope it holds up for you. I am in the same boat with the stock bottom and very close to top end mods.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the 772 pull with the ten bolt. My ten bolt never blew even with the 17" slicks at the track. I changed the rear because I felt a brake and 28" Mickey's would certainly take it out.

Quick Reply: Too much power for Rearend?