Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boosted g8 at 5psi, can't tune out knock.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC
check out this months hot rod magazine for some nice pics of the G8 launching

Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know its probably already been mentioned but have you backed of the burst knock a little?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:00 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
I know its probably already been mentioned but have you backed of the burst knock a little?
isn't burst knock a timing reduction anticipating knock?. i dont think it has anything to do with the scan tool showing knock.

i working on my ait timing tables a little and the burst knock stuff a little. just to help the launch since it was pulling a ton of timing off the line. if i got to aggressive then it got into real knock. that stuff doesn't seem to have anything to do with wot runs on the dyno when i roll into it.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

parish,

Are you doing e85 in any of your cars ? I would think since your in the midwest, it would be available.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:57 AM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by unclebens
parish,

Are you doing e85 in any of your cars ? I would think since your in the midwest, it would be available.
we have tried it in our wagon. it seems to work well and smells pretty good. it is definitely one way to do things.

there are a few stations in town but none that are close or on my way to places that i go. i would have to drive about 15minutes each way to fill up if i went e85 and i would need to do that at least once a week. with the meth kit i hardly use any and can get my gas anyplace.

i am working on exhaust for my car and some 60lb injectors. i plan on keeping the meth kit but am hoping that i can get by with less meth. what i am saying is right now i suspect my restrictive exhaust is causing me to see knock sooner than i would think. you can see in the pics the stock exhaust is small and has too many mufflers. that mid muffler has some decent heat marks on it.

Quick Reply: boosted g8 at 5psi, can't tune out knock.