Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kytp tt build

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
Well getting ready to order a new clutch for the car. What's the popular clutch to use for 1000+hp. Mcleod twin? Do you have to get their slave unit. Has anyone taken a stock 6 speed up around these hp levels with any success lol? Outside of straight up banging gears I would think it'll survive for a little while won't it? Or atleast the dyno session? Hopefully I'll have some pics soon for the turbo build. Josh is working his fingers to the bone lol. Just kidding Josh. I couldn't resist. Anyways let's hear some info on whether this m6 will hold on long enough for a 4l80 swap.
talk to tiago he broke like 3 manual trans at that power level and they were fully built, i trully wouldnt waste my money on something that you know wont last long. my 02 cents go 4l80e or th400
Old 10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are the yella terra lites. I don't think they are the platinums. What's the difference? I knew you were going to say that about the transmission^^^^. I was hoping to limp it for a little while to let my pocket book rest. It's been the town bicycle for a while. The other deal is I'm in the process of getting a new radiator setup to make room for the snails and this would be the best time to decide whether I'm going automatic in the near future cause I would need a radiator with a tranny cooler on it. Problem is I've just about exhausted the funds for this build. I will be able to complete it, but the weak link is going to be the tranny for now. Do you guys think that this m6 has at least a couple big dyno's in her? Once I get done tuning it and making a big number I will probably take it off of kill mode and drive with a moderate tune around 800 or so. I've heard of six speeds surviving that. Once I get the pocket book healed then I'll spring for an auto setup. I know the m6 is going to be slower at the track but the et's are gonna have to wait. I can't wait for this build to be done. It's been a long time coming! Hurry and get that kit built Josh so I can play on the dyno! For those who are versed in these type of builds: what do you think the 408 lsx 235 tfs w/josh's twin tc72 kit will put down?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are the yella terra lites. I don't think they are the platinums. What's the difference? I knew you were going to say that about the transmission^^^^. I was hoping to limp it for a little while to let my pocket book rest. It's been the town bicycle for a while. The other deal is I'm in the process of getting a new radiator setup to make room for the snails and this would be the best time to decide whether I'm going automatic in the near future cause I would need a radiator with a tranny cooler on it. Problem is I've just about exhausted the funds for this build. I will be able to complete it, but the weak link is going to be the tranny for now. Do you guys think that this m6 has at least a couple big dyno's in her? Once I get done tuning it and making a big number I will probably take it off of kill mode and drive with a moderate tune around 800 or so. I've heard of six speeds surviving that. Once I get the pocket book healed then I'll spring for an auto setup. I know the m6 is going to be slower at the track but the et's are gonna have to wait. I can't wait for this build to be done. It's been a long time coming! Hurry and get that kit built Josh so I can play on the dyno! For those who are versed in these type of builds: what do you think the 408 lsx 235 tfs w/josh's twin tc72 kit will put down?
trans should be fine on the dyno, as far as the radiator setup id go external cooler for the trans. maybe look at burk's front bumper/radiator setup real cool i think ill be going that route next year.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did look at Burkhart's deal but they don't have enough pics and info. I guess I could call them but I just have too many irons in the fire at the moment. Is anybody running a afco dual pass radiator. I'm looking for some real world feed back on dual pass radiators. This is the radiator I'm going to put in. Josh uses them on his builds and has had good luck with them. I was curious to see if anyone had a part number for it and if the radiator has the bungs for the 1/4 inch fittings (I believe). The core would have to be 27.5x15.5x3 so it can be stood up verticle. What all benefits does that burkhart front bumer setup offer? Thanks for the info guys it is appreciated. Chris
Old 10-08-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^What your in wyoming? Ok where at I might have to take a few hours and drive up there from denver. For sure going to be a nice build!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I'm about 4.5-5 hrs away from ya. I do go down to Denver every once in a while. How's the tuning scene down there? Is there any shops that you would trust to tune something like this? Otherwise it's off to Speed Inc. I go! If anyone has a tuning shop they would recommend closer to Northeastern Wyoming that can do a 3 bar sd tune let me know. Thanks Chris
Old 10-08-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I work at a shop down here in denver, my boss could probably get you tuned for a very reasonable price when your ready, we do lots of boosted cars with monster power. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss more in detail.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where are you at in Denver? What's your shop called? I have some buddies that have taken their vettes down there to get worked on. Mabe they came to your shop. I'll pm ya some details on the build.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well just unloaded some more green backs on the mcleod twin and the bmr turbo k today. Tears of sympathy are appreciated. Good grief this crap is expensive. I think I have a sickness now lol. Anyways that's the update I have for now.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For those of you who do twin setups: I would like to have a wideband setup to monitor it but most twin setups have an O2 bung in each down pipe. What kind of setup have you guys been using for this application? I know there is a fast dual sensor setup but I don't really want to try and fit a box into the dash somewhere. I think that the aem wb guage has a dual sensor app doesn't it? How does that work for those who are using it? As always input is appreciated. How is everyone monitoring a twin setup on the street? Thanks Chris

Last edited by ta02zx10r; 10-10-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Teching In

I don't think so that the AEM got dual sensor but am sure you can call ECM and they will help you out they got the best and expensive wideband .
just give them a call .
http://www.ecm-co.com/index.asp

i got the LAMBDA-PRO wich it cost me 3500$ that i use to tune car on the street and on the dyno but i dont think that you will need it for your car .
Old 10-10-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

uhhh no. I was thinking in the 300-400 dollar range lol. Thanks for the info though.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Teching In

There not cheap as you think ... but when you call them they are going to recommend that you go with AFK with NTK sensor its the best on the market for 300-350 + the NTK sensor i have one to i take it with me any ware i go its easy to use and install and you can feel the deferent between them by using the AEM with bosh sensor. but you have to run two off them if you need two sensors .

or you can make the down pipe in both turbo in one pipe AT the end and you can put your wide band on it . or you can go for BS3 with dual wideband .
Old 10-11-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you merge into one pipe from the down pipes you can't monitor the two banks separately. I'm planning on going true duals. Looks like I'm screwed. What does Tiago and some of the other guys who have Speed Inc and the like have setup? How do they monitor theirs?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I figured I'd post up and do some updates. I'll have pics up hopefully tomorrow. The motor is out of it's little baggy and on the stand. I had some spare time tonight since it was -12 out today lol. Got the cam in, timing set on and the lifters in. Tomorrow I'll check the cam/cam card, put the heads on and finish the motor up minus the oil pan (which I didn't freakin get sent off to get a bung welded in yet) sorry Josh. I'm sure Josh will have some pics to post up of the headers soon. I'll hopefully have the motor yanked and the lsx put in before the kit is done. Hopefully......Anyways there you have it and I'll have some pics up tomorrow if I can get the damn computer problems sorted out! Chris
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default update pics

Here's some pics of when I took the shortblock out of the crate and put it onto the engine stand. I think the 10,000lb overhead crane might have been a little overkill but it got the job done lol. Anyways more pics to come tomorrow. Thanks Chris
Attached Thumbnails Kytp tt build-dpp_0007.jpg   Kytp tt build-dpp_0008.jpg  

Last edited by ta02zx10r; 12-07-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
9 Second Club

if you merge into one pipe from the down pipes you can't monitor the two banks separately. I'm planning on going true duals. Looks like I'm screwed. What does Tiago and some of the other guys who have Speed Inc and the like have setup? How do they monitor theirs?
I run the FAST dual wideband setup.

I don't have it mounted on the dash, it kind of sits under my passanger side seat. I pull it out if I want to look at it, and hide it when I don't need it...
Old 12-07-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool man and thanks for the input. I wasn't sure what in the hell I was going to do with that box lol. I'll probably do the same thing though. Pmed ya back bud. thanks Chris
Old 12-07-2009, 11:15 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trans2000am
talk to tiago he broke like 3 manual trans at that power level and they were fully built, i trully wouldnt waste my money on something that you know wont last long. my 02 cents go 4l80e or th400
Don't look to far into that his trany's were face plated and there is no give when you shift gears so the trany gets shocked at those power levels they will destroy themselves, but if you use a traditional clutch set up you will have alot better luck at them holding. Not saying they will hold forever, but longer than you might think. MM's held up for a while although his hard launches at the track took out his over time as well GL.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man. That makes me feel a little better. I never did expect much from the 6 speed but I was hoping it would last a little while. I just wanted to mess around with the manual for a little while and enjoy the bov lol. When I can afford to start making a "real" strip car out of it I'll be doing a 4l80e swap. Until then I need to lick my wounds so to speak lol. Thanks Chris

Hey did you get that twin setup sold yet? That thing is a nice kit. I might have to see if my buddy would be interested. I can't promise anything but I'll talk to him.

Quick Reply: Kytp tt build