Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

IAT Sensors on turbo cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
lol, I hate the way those things look sticking out of a charge pipe. I stuck it in my actual intake. pulled one of the stock PCV barbs out of my intake, opened the hole up some, tapped it and screwed in an IAT sensor from something GM and old, coulda been a sy/ty like stated earlier, possibly might have been out of a circa '91 Turbo Pontiac Sunbird. can be found at any parts store. If you look on the passanger side of my throttle body and at the bottom (where the stock PCV line goes in) you can see the end of my IAT sensor where it's threaded in....clean install, hidden. I believe in less is more
Super clean with no "garbage" running everywhere. People should use this turbo set up as a model. Very nice, well done!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
Super clean with no "garbage" running everywhere. People should use this turbo set up as a model. Very nice, well done!
Thanks a lot!...That is actually completely finished in that picture. electric, brake lines, everything was rerouted and hidden. Less > More

Edit, walked out I te garage for something and my hood was still popped so I grabbed a quick phone picture of my IAT sensor in my intake.
Name:  49c487fc.jpg
Views: 9259
Size:  76.1 KB

Last edited by SS4Matt; 04-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

SS, I do like your idea and seems this is as accurate as you can get for iat. It may not be a huge difference, if anything, from it being out front of the Tb but, nice and clean and out of the way. I do like it!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Name:  DSC_0006.jpg
Views: 7321
Size:  116.1 KB
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

here is a blast from the past pic ( intake set up 2004?, gmhtp pic late 2006)
sorry about the red, i swear it was in style back then

other mods include:

and
Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
here is a blast from the past pic ( intake set up 2004?, gmhtp pic late 2006)
sorry about the red, i swear it was in style back then
Mine is very similar. I have a threaded in T in the back of the manifold with 1/4" quick disconnect plastic hard lines (not sure exactly what it's called anymore) and running to two 3 bar map sensors that are mounted on top of the intake with a couple small plates. I also used my boost reference in the front where yours is with the same plastic quick disconnect stuff. although mine runs along the intake under the fuel feed and back to my regulator where it T's off again and runs inside the fender and around to the WG/Turbo/BOV
Name:  9e9ad8b2.jpg
Views: 6663
Size:  72.7 KB
Old 06-24-2015, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
lol, I hate the way those things look sticking out of a charge pipe. I stuck it in my actual intake. pulled one of the stock PCV barbs out of my intake, opened the hole up some, tapped it and screwed in an IAT sensor from something GM and old, coulda been a sy/ty like stated earlier, possibly might have been out of a circa '91 Turbo Pontiac Sunbird. can be found at any parts store. If you look on the passanger side of my throttle body and at the bottom (where the stock PCV line goes in) you can see the end of my IAT sensor where it's threaded in....clean install, hidden. I believe in less is more
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead... I really like the looks of this install. Would there be any issues if I am spraying Methanol about 4 inches in front of the throttle body and the IAT sensor is mounted in here?
Old 12-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

haha almost 4 years ago now, im just getting around to do this

Quick Reply: IAT Sensors on turbo cars