Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wsss6 - MPT70 Front Mount Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen

did you hook the criuse control back up or no? im having issues with my cruise cable and alternator bracket/alternator occupying the same space at the same time.
At the time of that picture, yes, I had the bracket on and the cruise control hooked up at the same time. My intercooler pipes now go through the spot my cruise control box was so I have since removed it. Have you tried loosening the three bolts that hold on the bracket and trying to rotate it over a bit? The holes should be slightly overdrilled so it should wiggle a little until they're all tight. Let me know if that works for you.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i got it on there, had to do a little modding to the bracket lmao, wallerd out two of the holes to rotate it over so i have plenty of room. I plan on keepin my cruise so i had to do something, got it all painted up now, brand new alternator too. was gonna put it on this weekend but me, the yagerbombs, the 4 wheeler, and the dirt got into a bit of a,,,,,,, altercation. gonna have to wait another weekend lol
Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Teching In

lol, yeah, too often booze gets in the way of life... or is it the other way around?

Anywho, after a long (un-deserved) break from working on my car I finally got back to it today. I had some parts come in and I chased some others down.

Put a filter on the oil feed line.

This little %&^*ard was hard to find. (Its a plug for my oil level sensor) BTW, my dp doesn't hang this low, I moved it for the picture.

I thought after all that grief I finally had my drain line figured out... ... but even after a couple good tugs it came out a half inch too short. That's the story of my life.

I had extra hose though and I figured it out. Here's everything in there.

Tomorrow I'll put on my belt and radiator and get some fluids in there. Should be all set to start it up pending a decent tune. I looked around for a file repository but didn't see anything I liked that was in the format EFI Live uses. Anyone know any good places to look or should I just start from scratch?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

where did you get the flange thingy that bolts on above the oil filter? everybody says drill and tap mine but its pushing 12 years old now......
Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
where did you get the flange thingy that bolts on above the oil filter? everybody says drill and tap mine but its pushing 12 years old now......
That's the flange that came on it from the factory. I took it to a wire wheel and cleaned it up because I was welding on it. I drilled and tapped like everyone else, but then went around the top of the AN to NPT fitting and welded it on there too.

I bet under 12 years of grit and grime there's a shiny aluminum flange somewhere.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

its getting wicked close.....That one pick of your DP hanging down looked like you missed a spot with the welder...might be a potential exhaust leak...
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

any updates Jared? for those of yall who got an Alt Relocation Bracket from Wsss6, the belt i ended up goin with is 73.5 inches long or 1867 mm, *EDIT* this belt length for 25% underdrive crank pulley!

Last edited by CarsandWomen; 01-31-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Good eye on the hole in the dp, I fixed that up right quick. I finally got around to getting my car out of my parents garage and I think I'm there. I've got some tidying up to do still (like getting an upper radiator shroud) but its good to go for the moment. I was convinced to try and start it on the stock tune and to my suprise it turned over a few times, started, and idled fine until I shut it off. I'm getting my tranny rebuilt by a buddy so I can't really go anywhere yet but I'm happy with how everything turned out. No video or numbers, but here's a couple pictures I thought were cool.

I saw this as I was visiting my girl in Springfield...

That's a lot of truck.

Maybe I should post this question in the tuning section, but i was reading the tutorials in EFI Live and it suggested switching to a 2002 operating system. I downloaded the 2002 OS from their website but haven't done anything with it yet. Reading further in the tutorials it said for boost I should use a custom OS they have. What's your guy's take on this? Should I go with the custom OS from EFI Live? Can I just load these things onto my stock computer? The tutorials aren't too clear on what hardware is necessary. I realize custom adjusting will be necessary but I want to make sure I'm starting from the right square in the first place.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the look of the intercooler through the front bumper
Old 02-15-2010, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wsss6

Maybe I should post this question in the tuning section, but i was reading the tutorials in EFI Live and it suggested switching to a 2002 operating system. I downloaded the 2002 OS from their website but haven't done anything with it yet. Reading further in the tutorials it said for boost I should use a custom OS they have. What's your guy's take on this? Should I go with the custom OS from EFI Live? Can I just load these things onto my stock computer? The tutorials aren't too clear on what hardware is necessary. I realize custom adjusting will be necessary but I want to make sure I'm starting from the right square in the first place.
Are you running a 2bar setup? If so a custom OS will be needed. ATleast for HPT.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Are you running a 2bar setup? If so a custom OS will be needed. ATleast for HPT.
Thanks for the input, that's what I was thinkin. I posted up the question in the tuning section so hopefully someone with experience using a custom OS on EFI Live will see it and offer some insight.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing this back from the dead.....updates???
Old 04-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Default Littering and....

What is the latest? You gonna put a better clutch in that thing?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever get any numbers on this beast?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:40 PM
hashtagBMW

Just a heads up, you dont want teflon anything on AN fittings. They seal themselfs when TQ'd.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

So, what happened man? How does it run?!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Teching In

I actually never finished tuning the car so I have no idea. I took a summer job in Wichita and left the car back home so I haven't seen or touched it in a few months. I need a dd for my last year of school so I'll probably end up returning it to stock and put all of the turbo stuff back on when I can get myself something else to drive around every day. Sorry for the let down, but such is life.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Summer job = $$$$ = DD

If you're gonna modify your car, you need a DD. Trust me.

Quick Reply: Wsss6 - MPT70 Front Mount Build