Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rpms to spool Turbos..Any spec sheets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rpms to spool Turbos..Any spec sheets?

Is there a spec sheet or calculator that would help me understand which turbos would spool at a higher or lower rpm?

Im still debating single or twin big or little and the deciding factor is going to be how long its going to take to get into boost.

Anything online to show me this?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

ahhhh......short answer, NO.

There are so many variables, this is where turbo fabrication gets good. The better you are at getting the engine to get into (boost) power with the largest turbo you can, the better your combination. A 76 might be a laggy dog on one set up, but come on like a light switch on another. There are known "safe" bets, but if your strechting the power need you better be very knowledgable about the small things.

It would be like asking how much does a 454 bbc make....its safe to say 450 hp.....but then there are people that can squeeze out 800 hp out too....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1320
ahhhh......short answer, NO.

There are so many variables, this is where turbo fabrication gets good. The better you are at getting the engine to get into (boost) power with the largest turbo you can, the better your combination. A 76 might be a laggy dog on one set up, but come on like a light switch on another. There are known "safe" bets, but if your strechting the power need you better be very knowledgable about the small things.

It would be like asking how much does a 454 bbc make....its safe to say 450 hp.....but then there are people that can squeeze out 800 hp out too....
I've seen an SRT-4 lag for days with a GT35r and I've seen a stock displacement Hayabusa spool a GT35r in a flash. It all depends on the combo.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Launching!

yea i was figuring its a tough one to come up with.

Im stuck on the fence going twin 70s or one 88. and the only reason i want to do twins is spool time on the street.

would a 88, 370 with a an auto and 3.?? gears spool up quick on the street? what would help get it spooling quicker?

Bigger or smaller down pipes, intake piping?

i wnat a 1000hp capable turbo. and 850whp on the street. boost lag is what im worried about.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Launching!

bump....thoughts on the twin 70s vs a single 88 or the new t 4 91?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ineedatruck
what would help get it spooling quicker?
the right cam plays a BIG role. Talk to Shawn @ Va Speed...he's spooling combos that shouldn't be able to spool

Quick Reply: Rpms to spool Turbos..Any spec sheets?