Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Finally finished my procharger D1 install

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Hey Bob, no updates yet. I am going to try and fire it up tonight. I just bought my first house two months ago and between that and work it takesup all my time. The car reside at my folk's house so I don't get alot of "face time" with it anymore. I am trying to finish it up so I can at least get it over to my house.

Thanks
That's cool, let us know how it does. Bob
Old 11-24-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob - Called you a few times and left you a PM about the inlet pipe I purchased. Can you please give me a call or PM. Thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 05:15 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Hey Bob - Called you a few times and left you a PM about the inlet pipe I purchased. Can you please give me a call or PM. Thanks
I'll pm you back today. Our phone lines were very busy yesterday. Thanks. Bob
Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Hey, I just looked and I don't have a pm from you. Bob
Old 11-29-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Took my car out on Friday.

I went around town a little to make sure it didn't overheat, the battery didn't die out on me and nothing fell off. Seemed ok. No surging, no real change in drivabilty so thats cool.

I still haven't welded the BOV flange so it's a little loose but not coming off the standoff. I also didn't get a good set of check valves. I stopped by 3 auto part stores on my ride and they didn't even know what they were. They kids that work there rely so much on hte computer to pull parts they only know how to ask "for what car". Obviously, I just said "nevermind. I did manage to pick up two PCV valves that mightwork for the short term.

I hit the highway and tried to see how much boost I would hit. Car is loud so everytime I gave it more than 50% throttle it screams so I was a little afraid of getting snagged even though I was under the speed limit. I did manage to give it 100% for a little bit in 2nd and saw about 3 #s before I started losing traction. One thing I noticed that I can step on the gas (not floored) and my vaccuum goes very fast to 0 but then creeps up to 1#, then 2#s, then 3#s, but it takes significantly longer . I didn't have a chance to correlate this with speed or RPM because I was too busy watching the road. The steady incline in boost makes sense but I just want to be sure that this is to be expected?

Near term plans is for a dyno tune after I settle the other small things and I'd like to hook up my boost output and wideband to HP tuners just so I can capture everything.

Last edited by BLASTER; 11-29-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=BLASTER;12496094]

How much boost are you running. If you have a stock bottom end and want to stay safe and dependable, keep the boost low. I just had a P-1 installed for that same reason. Wanted to keep my stock bottom healthy and make decent power. My motor is stock except for a cam and valve train components and it made 510 WHP and 540 WTQ on a Mustang dyno. Not too bad for an A/4

Last edited by JJD49; 12-04-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

I still haven't welded the BOV flange so it's a little loose but not coming off the standoff.
What do you mean by that? What type of valve do you have? If the piping to it isn't welded then you have a boost leak, but more to the point how do you have it retained if the pipe isn't welded up? Could be why you're boost is low.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aster
What do you mean by that? What type of valve do you have? If the piping to it isn't welded then you have a boost leak, but more to the point how do you have it retained if the pipe isn't welded up? Could be why you're boost is low.
Oh absolutely. I just wanted to take it for a quick ride. It's rigged up but when I checked it it was still sealing. I have to finish this before I do a "real" assessment.

Here is what I did before getting sidetracked....
It's a Vortech Mondo. I had 2" pipe welded to my 3" intercooler pipe (1st phase) so I can check alignment/fitment before permenately welding the flange. Then I sqeezed the flange onto the 2" pipe (interferance fit) and planned to have it welded (2nd phase) for completion but never got to finished that part. I don't think I have enough space between the flange and the pipe to get the tig nozzle into all the spots around the flange so I will just have to do some of the spots. To seal the boost I think I might try JB Weld on the inside of where the flange meets the pipe. I can leave a small ridge there.

Quick Reply: Finally finished my procharger D1 install