Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Finally dyno'd my 370/F1 setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Ricky, that would be awesome if he could help out!

I was just playing around with WinPEP comparing runs 26 and 28. At 5500RPM, run#26 is almost 30HP higher, and over 25TQ higher than the "best" run. I think that, had traction been available, I probably would have seen 720ish RWHP and 615ish RWTQ.

I know its just bench racing... errr even worse- bench dynoing LMAO But its all I have to show for now. Maybe I can sneak a shakedown pass in at the track before it closes for the season
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
i don't see 800's out of ?. i was wondering why you went with a 370? it seems like people are liking the extra revs fromt the 370's. were you looking for 7krpm?

im going to go and start from the begining on your threads ive been through them several times in the past and you've helped me with some questions through some pm's and i thank you for that. good luck buddy and expect some pm's in the future i should have have my d1sc similar to ricky's in march
Its only got a 4.25" pulley on it now, and I'm nowhere close to putting any huge demand on the blower as is at the moment. It will make 800 easy I think once I can get the AFR nailed down, and step up to a 3.7 pulley which should give me maybe 5? more psi of boost.. I really don't think that 800 is too far out of the question or a stretch for the setup.

I know I haven't mentioned it, and it kind of goes unappreciated without saying, but this was the first time in a LONG time that I have not had anything break on the dyno! Last time it was the fuel pumps that took a crap on me (got some knock off walbros I think), the time before that, it was a massive coolant leak from the block somewhere , time before that, it was something else stupid and irritating ...I felt so relieved that nothing broke this time and was happy about that probably more than anything else. And it made me especially proud knowing that I built this entire engine myself this time around! Hell, by now, pretty much the whole setup has been built by yours truly, and I couldnt be more satisfied with it all
Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck Chad. Its come a long ways and I know you were disappointed the day you dyno'd at Powerhouse when I met you. You'll get it all figured out and I think a SD is gonna be the best route on that beast. Its a great feeling when you've done all the work and even more so when it all stays together!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Nice results! What was the problem with the dyno or tires spinning? I've made over 1050 with very little tire spin. That should be a blast to drive!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 PM

Thanks guys.. Yea, I have no idea why it was spinning. The straps were hella tight. Its beyond me why it was spinning at only 700...
Old 11-19-2009, 06:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Big Congrats man awesome numbers for such low boost and rich AFR...
Very nice now lets see some vids or hear the car.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

why dont you put it on some slicks, on the dyno just run them with good air pressure in them. were you dynoing with the air filter on if you were you will find quite a bit of power in pulling that off.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by WHITE DEVIL
why dont you put it on some slicks, on the dyno just run them with good air pressure in them. were you dynoing with the air filter on if you were you will find quite a bit of power in pulling that off.
Well, I had no idea traction was going to be a problem. Had I known, I could have brought along slicks. I didn't think it was typical to lose traction at my power level on street tires. Hind sight is 20/20 tho.

I am well aware that pulling the hat/ filter off typically gains a lot of power. I gained something like 90rwhp with it off on my 346/P1SC combo. The thread is in here somewhere if you want to do a search. I've also posted that graph in many threads here in the FI section. I did pull the hat and filter off on one run this time, but it made virtually no difference. Still ran pig rich, and didn't make any more power than with it on. So either this hat and filter setup is way better than the stock fbody one from procharger, or its still just entirely way too rich at this point for it to matter.. I'm leaning towards the latter, but maybe a bit of both. Hard to tell until somehow the AFR gets in check to begin with first.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Next time on the dyno just make sure the rear tires are forward on the roller on the front downslope.Under load it will push them into the roller instead of lifting off.Thats how we do our 1k+hp cars without issue's.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

hey Chad work has been crazy but ill call my tunner in the morning
Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

damn killer set up. cant wait to see what it makes when you can hook it up and get the bugs worked out!

Quick Reply: Finally dyno'd my 370/F1 setup