Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MMS crank pulley and 3.7" SC pulley for P-1SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MMS crank pulley and 3.7" SC pulley for P-1SC

I recently installed this on my car and it works good so farwith the boost problem I was having, but it ate a belt in about one day. I am going to try and shim the blower out a little to maybe make see if it will line up better and maybe not rip through belts. It appears to be rubbing on the s/c mounting bracket. Any other suggestions...
Old 12-12-2003, 06:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes. Check that your crank bolt is not backing out. Is the pulley spinning straight and true? The extra torque against the pulley bolt may have backed it out. Also, I had my bolt very close to bottoming out, and it needed to be spaced one more washer or the bolt shortened some more.

So much to go wrong...
Old 12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks man! I think I will add another washer maybe to be safe and make sure that my crank bolt is not bottoming out.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Still eating belts... i am going to look at it again tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is assuming you are aligned and installed ok:

When you put a new belt on, don't just tighten it and race.

Tighten to where you get about a 90 degree bend on the belt with yor two fingers. Idle the car for about 5 mins, then tighten to about the same tension.

The belt still has more stetching to do. Drive it around , hit WOT for one short run, then park and tighten it again.

You will probably be all right at this point. I usually check it the next day, and then the next. By then, the belt has done all the stretching it's gonna do. If you race it before you get the break-in stable, it will likely snap on you with a small SC pulley and large crank pulley.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Everything appears to be aligned correctly. I will try that tomorrow. I bought a gatorback belt tonight to try it with. I am also going to take the MMS crank pulley off again and make sure the crank pulley does not have any big rust or bad spots on it! Thanks!

Last edited by Packy; 12-13-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:51 PM
10 Second Club

Okay, I checked all of my pulleys and found that I had put the S/C pulley on backwards therefor it was off a little bit. I switched that around and hooked the belt up again like you you said to do. It appears to be perfectly aligned and having no problems. We will see what happens this week I will monitor it to make sure it is working properly! So far so good and yes I am finding the biggest piece of wood to knock on right now!

Quick Reply: MMS crank pulley and 3.7" SC pulley for P-1SC