Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for resources for A2W intercooling

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
Just remember guys that you get what you paid for. It may be hard as hell to get a hold of the guys at chiseled but they make good stuff. Their prices reflect that! Once thing to consider though is that going with an intercooler that is cheaper isn't always the best route. You're talking about an air/water intercooler. If you get a junk one and it leaks you not only have a boost leak problem like you would an air/air intercooler but if it leaks from the core and lets water in then you've got a hell of a problem. You just boosted your engine with water and we all know that engines don't burn water so they hydraulic and barf the rods out the side or bottom of the block! I don't know everything and have never claimed to but I know that some things shouldn't be skimped on. A lot of people may never have problems but there's always that one instance. Just my humble .01
the same problems exist with higher quality parts as well just because it is less expensive does not always assume it is cheap and will not work.. its the same as name brand things you eat at the grocery store verses the knock off stuff.. look in your pantry and tell me its full of all name brand food? or name brand detergents..i bet not, and your injesting this in your body and not asking any questions or washing your cloths..so with that said ill try the 500.00 intercooler over a 2000.00 one and take my chances seeing i do it every time i eat anyway.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:56 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by van383
the same problems exist with higher quality parts as well just because it is less expensive does not always assume it is cheap and will not work.. its the same as name brand things you eat at the grocery store verses the knock off stuff.. look in your pantry and tell me its full of all name brand food? or name brand detergents..i bet not, and your injesting this in your body and not asking any questions or washing your cloths..so with that said ill try the 500.00 intercooler over a 2000.00 one and take my chances seeing i do it every time i eat anyway.
I care more about my car than my body.

Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown06
I care more about my car than my body.

Thanks for all the input guys.
i would say if you got the money then spend it.. just making a valid point on more and less expensive stuff and how it relates, but good luck..
Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand what your getting at Van. Like I said there is always that one instance. That includes the more expensive stuff too. We're all human and we make mistakes. The difference is that shops that are more expensive have a reason for that most of the time. There are stupid people out there that will just buy whatever because it is more expensive just because they have the money and they don't know any better. The people that charge more are still in business for a reason. They must be doing something right for people to want to spend more money on basically the same part that they sell rather than somewhere else whose parts are cheaper. It's all in the details. Sometimes you have to look closer at what people are selling and compare. As for my pantry it is filled with all name brand stuff lol. My wife is really picky! I could take a pic if ya wanted. Real tomato ketchup and all lol. I'm with the other guys though. I do care more about my car. Everyone eats Taco Bell every once in a while lol. Happy Holidays fellas. Chris
Old 11-27-2009, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
I understand what your getting at Van. Like I said there is always that one instance. That includes the more expensive stuff too. We're all human and we make mistakes. The difference is that shops that are more expensive have a reason for that most of the time. There are stupid people out there that will just buy whatever because it is more expensive just because they have the money and they don't know any better. The people that charge more are still in business for a reason. They must be doing something right for people to want to spend more money on basically the same part that they sell rather than somewhere else whose parts are cheaper. It's all in the details. Sometimes you have to look closer at what people are selling and compare. As for my pantry it is filled with all name brand stuff lol. My wife is really picky! I could take a pic if ya wanted. Real tomato ketchup and all lol. I'm with the other guys though. I do care more about my car. Everyone eats Taco Bell every once in a while lol. Happy Holidays fellas. Chris
ill let your know the first of year how the cheap cooler works...and i get what ur saying on high end parts too... been there done many..
Old 11-27-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah man it all boils down to what someone is willing to pay. If ya have the money great. If ya don't there are alternatives. I by no means endorse the idea of spending money for the sake of it. I try to be just as thrifty with my money as the next guy. I've also been on both sides of the deal as well. I went cheap and wished to hell I just ponied up the money and did it right the first time. I guess if we all had crystal ***** then the world would be a happier place lol. But nonetheless it's a guessing game. Good luck either way ya go man. Chris
Old 11-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Teching In

if your going to build your own IC use a Bell core. hands down the best core on the market!
http://www.bellintercoolers.com/
ive used them a bunch of times and they can make custom size cores too. i wouldnt trust a low cost no name a2w IC because you run the risk of it leaking and thats obviously no good.
chiseled and precision are very close in comparison i would definitely buy from either of those companies.
Cheap IC cores will not have the cooling affect that a well made and designed one will.
Just my .02

Quick Reply: Looking for resources for A2W intercooling