Procharger on stock motor what boost??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
TWS, you have the same bolt ons as me. That car of yours sure does make some nice power.

---- Do the D1SC kits come with the twin after coolers and the 3.22 pulley? Also, if I buy used and get a re-build kit what should I look for?
There are two ATI ProCharger D-1SC kits for our LS1 F Body's. The first one is created by ordering a P-1SC "tuner" kit and upgrading the head unit into a D-1SC. You will receive a six rib kit with the smaller 3.5" twin intercoolers with this kit. This was the only kit available until three or four years ago, then ProCharger came out with the eight rib kit along with the thicker intercoolers. Neither of these two kits come with a tune by ATI ProCharger.

The ATI ProCharger 1GJ204-SCI D-1SC eight rib kit comes with twin 4.5" intercoolers. This kit also only comes as a "tuner" kit, which means you get the whole ProCharger kit, but you need to supply your own fuel injectors, fuel pump, a harmonic balancer from ATI Performance Products (different company) and a crank pinning kit from the same ATI Performance Products. You will also need to get your car tuned, as this kit does not come with a tune.

Several years ago I decided to take the second kit and add all the required supporting items to it, and sell it as a complete kit. We have our customer's send their cars computer to us, and we reflash it with a tune with our EFI Live software, and send it back to them.
Here is a link to this kit. Bob
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798

The blower pulley is what is changed to alter the amount of boost that is made, and each new ProCharger kit is supplied with a blower pulley specific to that customer's requirements. There are many factors that determine how much boost a blower pulley with produce.

A larger cubic inch engine has more volume to fill, which will require a smaller blower pulley.

How high the engine rpm is going to be taken affects how much boost is made as well. An example would be two identical engine combinations, and one will only be revved to 5000 rpm, and the other engine will be revved to 6500 rpm. The 5000 rpm engine will require a smaller pulley to make x amount of boost than the 6500 rpm engine.

An engine with better flowing exhaust and headers will require a smaller pulley to make the same amount of boost, as an engine with bone stock exhaust manifolds and stock exhaust.

Camshafts and better flowing cylinder heads also affect the boost obtained.

Elevation also factors into boost, when someone from Denver Colorado orders a ProCharger, they are going to need a much smaller blower pulley than someone in Death Valley.

I'm probably missing a few here, but you should get the idea that there is no such thing as an 8 pound pulley. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 02-14-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
There are two ATI ProCharger D-1SC kits for our LS1 F Body's. The first one is created by ordering a P-1SC "tuner" kit and upgrading the head unit into a D-1SC. You will receive a six rib kit with the smaller 3.5" twin intercoolers with this kit. This was the only kit available until three or four years ago, then ProCharger came out with the eight rib kit along with the thicker intercoolers. Neither of these two kits come with a tune by ATI ProCharger.

The ATI ProCharger 1GJ204-SCI D-1SC eight rib kit comes with twin 4.5" intercoolers. This kit also only comes as a "tuner" kit, which means you get the whole ProCharger kit, but you need to supply your own fuel injectors, fuel pump, a harmonic balancer from ATI Performance Products (different company) and a crank pinning kit from the same ATI Performance Products. You will also need to get your car tuned, as this kit does not come with a tune.

Several years ago I decided to take the second kit and add all the required supporting items to it, and sell it as a complete kit. We have our customer's send their cars computer to us, and we reflash it with a tune with our EFI Live software, and send it back to them.
Here is a link to this kit. Bob
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798
I have the kit packaged together by Bob for my TA and I am pretty happy with it. I had him tune my pcm too. I liked the kit so much that I later made Bob talk me into buying one of his blower cams for it.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by D-Webz
I have the kit packaged together by Bob for my TA and I am pretty happy with it. I had him tune my pcm too. I liked the kit so much that I later made Bob talk me into buying one of his blower cams for it.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob
Old 02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

...this thread is from 03....
Old 02-17-2008, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

HEEYY.. Thread may be old- but PROCHARGERS ARE THE WAY for BEST HP!!!! (D1SC is the best kit for the money, and performance!!)
Old 05-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have a procharger p-1sc-1 for sale that i ran on my stock 2002 T/a with 8 pounds of boost just fine. it has a polished head unit and plenum and asking price is 4,000 obo. Let me know if your interested, With this kit you will walk on Corvettes, Cobras, Charger srt-8 etc. all day long.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=bigblock4-speed;8730131]HEEYY.. Thread may be old- but PROCHARGERS ARE THE WAY for BEST HP!!!! (D1SC is the best kit for the money, and performance!!)[/QUOTESecond that.

Quick Reply: Procharger on stock motor what boost??