Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by extremetoy
so basically those hours you spent with him were for nothing but you could have at least got a small cam deal out of it? sounds kinda lame to me on your part
Much to learn young grass hoppa
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bad6as
bottom line is i went with hke because i got a long block and covers for less then VA speeds longblock. hke is a known builder so i felt like why not save some money i am on a budget
Shawn has never said he was the cheapest out there...what you get with him is is turbocharged experience...to me thats worth the few extra bucks

Both Ed and Shawn are some seriously smart MF'ers...I wish them the best to find someone as passionate about sales as they are about motor building and tuning
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed and Shawn definitely know what is going on!

You guys need a message taker who is all nails and hair; nice and pretty but not into cars at all. Someone who has mucho customer service experience and much experience filtering calls and email... maybe an ex executive assistant or something. Someone that guys would remember, ya know?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frost
You guys need a message taker who is all nails and hair; nice and pretty but not into cars at all. Someone who has mucho customer service experience and much experience filtering calls and email... maybe an ex executive assistant or something. Someone that guys would remember, ya know?
Why not send in your application?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so basically those hours you spent with him were for nothing but you could have at least got a small cam deal out of it? sounds kinda lame to me on your part

Should have sold him a cam for $800
Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fireball
Shawn has never said he was the cheapest out there...what you get with him is is turbocharged experience...to me thats worth the few extra bucks
Pay now , pay later or just be slow.... Pick one.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
Why not send in your application?
I might could do the nails and hair but I would definitely not be nice and pretty!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bottom line is the wealth of knowledge that comes with the team comes with a small cost as it does with anyone at the top of the pack. I know I could have saved money going through someone else and shopping prices for the cheapest place around but I'll pay more for people that have the knowledge. I'm more than happy to spend money with Shawn @ Virginia Speed and Brian(Madman) because I know when I need the info that no one else will give out, I can call them on the weekend to get the right answer.

Keep up the awesome work!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost

Yeah, then we'd never get anything done!!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, thought I was the only one that had problems. I tried to pm back and fourth with shawn about some turbo cams and he replied but then I started asking more questions and it seemed like the response would take longer and then finally no responses. So then I figured I would do what there website says and call and speak to a live person but nobody there could answer any of the questions about the cams, they said I would have to tell them the questions and they would get back to me because the owner is too busy. I understand that but then they need people there that can answer those questions. Then the second problem was I ended up going ahead and ordering the cam due to there knowledge of the turbo stuff but two weeks later still no tracking number or nothing, so I called and they didn't know anything. I gave them the confirmation number that I got online and then they told me they would have to get back to me since it was an online order. I guess it was a problem with there online site but still, I just wanted some answers about something that I purchased from them and I dont care if it was a 400 dollar part or a 8000 dollar engine. After 4 1/2 weeks after I ordered it, i got a tracking number today. Thank you and I hope everything gets worked out for you guys. I just wish I could have got more information about a product that I was interested in.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

if you guys relocated to Md., i would be your choice, lol-but i aint pretty, lol
i remember Shawn from racing at the track here years ago, always had some fast stuff
Old 12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
FormerVendor

Message boards can overwhelm companies with the quickness. I know first hand. When Shawn started to do Phils and brians stuff, I can almost guarantee that they were overwhelmed with questions from everyone.

The hard part is finding that fine line between a customer and a tirekicker. If you call, hoping to get a tidbit of info out of someone with out paying after they just spent the last week at the track busting their ***, they are not going to want to give it up

I cannot tell you how many people call me asking for advice. Thats fine, I have to put food on the table. Buy my products so I can feed the families I employ, you in turn get a good product.

If you start jabbering on about a dream setup, I will cut you off or atleast cut to the chase and trial close you

Its America, you cannot please everyone all the time!

Louis
Old 12-08-2009, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr

Should have sold him a cam for $800
or whatever he sells cams for...

the customer decided to have the engine built elsewhere for whatever reason
then he came back wanting a cam

how much did va speed make off this customer?... 0 dollars, a bunch of wasted time and "bad press"

im guessing this guy would have been happy, not complained, va speed would at least make a couple bucks off the cam

im looking at getting another turbo motor built (got a quote from them a while back) and was considering va speed but im not really anymore....expecially if it takes 4 1/2 weeks to get something you ordered... i guess its just my opinion
Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Louis
Message boards can overwhelm companies with the quickness. I know first hand. When Shawn started to do Phils and brians stuff, I can almost guarantee that they were overwhelmed with questions from everyone.

The hard part is finding that fine line between a customer and a tirekicker. If you call, hoping to get a tidbit of info out of someone with out paying after they just spent the last week at the track busting their ***, they are not going to want to give it up

I cannot tell you how many people call me asking for advice. Thats fine, I have to put food on the table. Buy my products so I can feed the families I employ, you in turn get a good product.

If you start jabbering on about a dream setup, I will cut you off or atleast cut to the chase and trial close you

Its America, you cannot please everyone all the time!

Louis

You hit the nail on the head Louis.It's very hard keeping up with everything going on in the shop let alone the pm's and emails.I get people wanting to send 20 pm's back and forth about a camshaft that i might make $40.00 on.as much as i would like to,i can't answer everybodies questions about everything-there just isn't enough time in the day or night.I spend several hours per night replying to emails and such.

I appreciate everybodies patience.Even though it can be a little aggrivating dealing with us-it's worth the pain in the ***,we got some of the baddest stuff on the planet coming out of this shop.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM
7 Second Club

I heard there is a something new coming for the aluminum LS2 blocks that is beyond words!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

how much did va speed make off this customer?... 0 dollars, a bunch of wasted time and "bad press"

im guessing this guy would have been happy, not complained, va speed would at least make a couple bucks off the cam

im looking at getting another turbo motor built (got a quote from them a while back) and was considering va speed but im not really anymore....expecially if it takes 4 1/2 weeks to get something you ordered... i guess its just my opinion
it's your loss.we build some of the baddest turbo engines on the planet.

i really don't make any money on camshafts-it's more like a service to help people out,i already spent alot of time on the engine for nothing,why would this be any different.Sometimes you just got to cut your losses.

Last but not least-this was def not bad press-if anything i would say it's on a positive note
Old 12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
I heard there is a something new coming for the aluminum LS2 blocks that is beyond words!
You better start selling your body or something for some cash,i got a c5r headed 427 with a 106 coming out soon that makes your stuff look like kiddie toys
Old 12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
You better start selling your body or something for some cash,i got a c5r headed 427 with a 106 coming out soon that makes your stuff look like kiddie toys
I'll take my kiddie stuff anyday.... Its all about how much you can get down and how fast you can get the power in. Who's going to be working the AMS? Remember its soo easy a caveman can do it. You know I make the hard **** look easy.

Just sayin.....
Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
9 Second Club

There is no profit in selling cams.
So he wants all Shawn's knowledge that he has spent years and who knows how much of his own money collecting but doesnt want him to make any money?
He needs to make money to keep his doors open and to put food on his table.

4 1/2 week wait for a motor is GREAT.
I'd love to get mine in 4 1/2 weeks ... lol

You dont have a clue and your opinion is dumb.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

How do you really feel Wayne?