Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i didnt mean to start a pissing match. im over it, im sure shawn is to. i never looked at the big picture of the whole combo. am i having 2nd thoughts about what im doing? well yes. but thats my problem. should i have va speed build my motor, and then tune the car. well maybe, the motor build is out of the question now i guess unless he wants to do it, and i can get my check back, but is tunning still an option, thats his call
Old 12-08-2009, 05:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bad6as
ok i didnt mean to start a pissing match. im over it, im sure shawn is to. i never looked at the big picture of the whole combo. am i having 2nd thoughts about what im doing? well yes. but thats my problem. should i have va speed build my motor, and then tune the car. well maybe, the motor build is out of the question now i guess unless he wants to do it, and i can get my check back, but is tunning still an option, thats his call
there is no hard feelings man,everybody has their reasons for what they do.I understand why you went the route you did.

The biggest reason i didn't want to sell you a cam is that i would be pretty much giving another engine builder everything i learned about turbo camshafts over the last 10 years,all the time and money i have invested to figure out how to make these things go fast.
The second reason was what Phil said-if it runs great-who gets the credit,if it runs like ***-who's fault is it.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
there is no hard feelings man,everybody has their reasons for what they do.I understand why you went the route you did.

The biggest reason i didn't want to sell you a cam is that i would be pretty much giving another engine builder everything i learned about turbo camshafts over the last 10 years,all the time and money i have invested to figure out how to make these things go fast.
The second reason was what Phil said-if it runs great-who gets the credit,if it runs like ***-who's fault is it.
i understand now were your comming from and what you did and why. i respect that. it just took some reading about it for it to kick in.
i still have lots of things to learn and questions to ask, i just dont want to be the punk kid that trashed vaspeed for no reason. and have no one on tech help
Old 12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry to hear that people are taking up all of your time, myself included lol

But on a side note, people want to know what they're getting and who's name is behind the part(s). I'm pretty sure people in here aren't trying to get specs out of you... now if they were, then we ALL know what would happen... They'd be calling comp cams with specs to get a custom one made with your 10 years worth of free knowledge in the spec chart. So tire kickers, the the F&#k out!

I could care less if you told me that the cam I was about to buy was a 197/318 .420 .800 with a 99LSA, if you said it was gonna work on my set up, then I guess my *** was gonna buy a whacky spec'd out cam because I have confidence in your knowledge... as do the other customers
Old 12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure who I talked to, it was a little while ago, but I called in asking about tuning for my LS powered RX7, and was instantly told no because it was a Mazda. I reiterated that it had a twin turbo'd, fully built built LS motor in it, and that it used a 99+ LS computer so it'd be no different than tuning any GM car with an LS in it, and got the same answer, "We won't tune your Mazda". Needless to say I've been pissed about that ever since. Just curious if that's still true?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

So... do you guys sell custom turbo cams or not?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
There is no profit in selling cams.
So he wants all Shawn's knowledge that he has spent years and who knows how much of his own money collecting but doesnt want him to make any money?
He needs to make money to keep his doors open and to put food on his table.

4 1/2 week wait for a motor is GREAT.
I'd love to get mine in 4 1/2 weeks ... lol

You dont have a clue and your opinion is dumb.

id also love if i got a motor in 4 1/2 weeks...
4 1/2 weeks for an off the shelf cam is another story... read the thread...

maybe he would come back to va speed from the good experience he had from the cam for something else. but i doubt he will now since he was told to "**** off" instead... its people that come back and refer friends that will put the food on the table in the long run

i see where your coming from its too bad you cant see where im coming from

whatever, sorry for cluttering up the thread
Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Beast
Not sure who I talked to, it was a little while ago, but I called in asking about tuning for my LS powered RX7, and was instantly told no because it was a Mazda. I reiterated that it had a twin turbo'd, fully built built LS motor in it, and that it used a 99+ LS computer so it'd be no different than tuning any GM car with an LS in it, and got the same answer, "We won't tune your Mazda". Needless to say I've been pissed about that ever since. Just curious if that's still true?
can't really say why you would be told that-i can understand why you are pissed-i can honestly say i am as well.This is the stuff that has become painfully clear to us in the last week.
We tune ANY american made v8 engine-whether it be chevy,ford,dodge-doesn't matter what car it's in.
Sorry for the problems-we are trying to make them right-it is a slow,hard,painful process.Getting the correct people in place is the key-unfortuneatly we haven't found the right person(s) as of yet.We are looking very hard though.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell I need a job....... Naaw thats ok I enjoy being retired at 30 lol
197/318 .420 .800 with a 99LSA, Thats a bad *** cam I wonder if I can sell it on Ebay as a High Performance Turbo cam, Will add well over 400hp with 3 psi for $999.99, For any model year V8 or V6 LOL. But in any case I seen shops go down the tube because of employes and so on. Shawn and the guys that stand with him in this turn around make a great team and Im sure they all know it.

To the guy with the v8 mazda WTF? If you spoke with somebody with some sense they would of tune your car hands down. The person you spoke with may have somthing against imports idk.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
You better start selling your body or something for some cash,i got a c5r headed 427 with a 106 coming out soon that makes your stuff look like kiddie toys

DOES IT HAVE ROLLER CAM BEARINGS?!?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 382ssz28
DOES IT HAVE ROLLER CAM BEARINGS?!?
as a matter of fact-yes it does
Old 12-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like sands through the hourglass...............
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

You guys that have had issues with his pricing ,or him not helping with camshafts have got to stop taking things out of context-

As a business owner i can relate to Shawn-

Everyone these days don't want to do the hard work but want the info or tricks for free......................... and if it don't work theirs hell to pay----

come on....give me a break..............

Theirs nothing wrong with paying for a education....and knowledge

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hear a certain LS2 block is gonna be pretty slick....but then again...what the hell do I know
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its just simple business, it shouldn't matter what your customer spends as long as he is spending it with you. Money is money and I understand the more you make the more you are going to want to help someone but that customer that spent 100 dollars with you this time might spend 10,000 next time if he was treated nice. They two guys I talked too were very nice and business like and helped figure out the problem, the only down fall was they couldn't help with my cam selection questions. I could have saved some money and got a cam from a buddy that has a connection but decided to use va speed due to there knowledge of the turbo cams but Im being told that im not a valuable customer since I just purchased a cam, WTF?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

i bought a 6 dollar fuel fitting from a company one time, that turned into a 25,000 dollar order over the course of a year becouse of the way i was treated on that deal. take it for what its worth.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

Good thread!

Keep up the good work Shawn and VA Speed. Your comments and results should be good enough for some people to give you a call
Old 12-09-2009, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mr_biscuitz
Its just simple business, it shouldn't matter what your customer spends as long as he is spending it with you. Money is money and I understand the more you make the more you are going to want to help someone but that customer that spent 100 dollars with you this time might spend 10,000 next time if he was treated nice. They two guys I talked too were very nice and business like and helped figure out the problem, the only down fall was they couldn't help with my cam selection questions. I could have saved some money and got a cam from a buddy that has a connection but decided to use va speed due to there knowledge of the turbo cams but Im being told that im not a valuable customer since I just purchased a cam, WTF?
Originally Posted by rat496boy
i bought a 6 dollar fuel fitting from a company one time, that turned into a 25,000 dollar order over the course of a year becouse of the way i was treated on that deal. take it for what its worth.
your not seeing my point-the point is there is only so many hours in the day-there are many,many tasks i have to perform,i just can't possibly spend an hour of my time with every customer that wants to buy a part-i would love 2,but it's impossible.It's not that any one customer is less or more valuable than another.

It's kinda like being a Walmart with only one register open-sooner or later the people at the back of the line are going to get pissed off and leave-no matter how hard the person working the register works.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I kinda like you guys now.....I have respect for a place that isn't out there whoring their stuff to the cheapest bidder. I say you guys did right by not selling some Joe a cam.

These guys just wanting cams seriously just need to call Comp, Cam Motion or Bullet and get one from them. Think about it. Shawn and these guys have spent years developing their cams. If you think you should be able to call them up and have that info gifted to you....your smoking crack. You don't race much. That isn't the way it works.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:32 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
These guys just wanting cams seriously just need to call Comp, Cam Motion or Bullet and get one from them. Think about it. Shawn and these guys have spent years developing their cams. If you think you should be able to call them up and have that info gifted to you....your smoking crack. You don't race much. That isn't the way it works.
Thats what I was trying to say. lol