Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dissapointed day at the Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt go that far as calling people names but I do prefer going to Nicks ,never had a problem with him ,i been to Synergy once but I decided not to try him ,his attitude wasnt the best ,but that was just my personal opinion .Im sure that both of them know what they are doing and thats why both are still in business
Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdasterly
Tuner says 60's and 80's are the same. Rick is a bitch personnally.
If he said that he's an idiot.... get a new tuner...
Old 01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Tuner says 60's and 80's are the same. Rick is a bitch personnally.
LOL, 60's and 80's are not the same, especially if you try to go high impedance on the 80's. sounds like whoever your talkin to is retarded.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Im going to trust the tuner on this one, he has over 100 plus car under his belt so I kinda trust him
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

sorry it was personnal
Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Im going to trust the tuner on this one, he has over 100 plus car under his belt so I kinda trust him
Thats fine, to each their own. One of the joys of living in America.

Reguardless, I'd worry about someone claiming 60's are just like 80's cause thats just flat out a false statement no matter who your talkin to. I'm telling you 80's are too big for your set-up & should have never even been suggested. Your gonna max out that P1 before you max a set of 60's.

Honestly the best set of injectors you could add to that set-up if money isnt a problem is a set of flow matched 60's. Now if you were running a 4xx+ci boosted set-up with a F1 then I'd agree the 60's are not gonna be enough but thats not even close to the basic little 347/P1 build you have goin on.

But what do I know, I'm not even boosted yet. I have just been researching, lookin at completed builds & planning out my little 370/D1 build for a year now. I'd say IMO, I have a real good handle on the fuel requirements for certain size combos by now.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Easy on the name calling. I actually remember now why Rick refused to touch your car after all the BS between you two. I am a member on Norcal too. Don't make me copy and paste anything over here to defend Rick's name and business.

Just keep your faith in the guy you claim is telling you 60s and 80s are the same lol. You know, I bet Nick didn't even tell you that and I don't even know the guy. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you going on public forums and making him sound like he doesn;t know what he is talking about. Don;t want to get yourself "banned" from both good shops in the bay
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

The 80's are good for, as a VERY conservative estimate, at least 250-300 hp more than what the 60's are. Have fun tuning the idle with that much extra injector.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninetres
Easy on the name calling. I actually remember now why Rick refused to touch your car after all the BS between you two. I am a member on Norcal too. Don't make me copy and paste anything over here to defend Rick's name and business.

Just keep your faith in the guy you claim is telling you 60s and 80s are the same lol. You know, I bet Nick didn't even tell you that and I don't even know the guy. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you going on public forums and making him sound like he doesn;t know what he is talking about. Don;t want to get yourself "banned" from both good shops in the bay

Ahh, so theres some history here, LOL.

I was wondering why someone who claims to be respected for their LS1 knowledge didnt know any better between 60#-80# injectors, their limits & whats needed for a basic run of the mill 347/P1 build. Cause this build is nothing special.

I am starting to smell some bullshit & I'm hopin this guy didnt just decide to start this to try & bash on Synergy. Hell even Shawn@VA tried to tell him 60's are plenty eariler.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

60's will be ideal for your application.
Since you already have the 80's you could make them work, but it is overkill unless you are going to run E85 in the future.
The 80's will likely be a handful to idle clean on a smaller engine, mild combo.
Go with whatever the tuner wants to use, it's his baby to deal with.
If he wants 80's and he has a hard time with the tune, he will only have himself to blame. On the other hand, if he wants 60's in there and you are trying to use the 80's you have, don't expect perfection.
It's kinda like telling the engine builder what camshaft to run.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
9 Second Club

Look. Lets keep this professional. I made a simple suggestion to fix your problematic build. You don't like Synergy for whatever reason.....GREAT. Leave it at that and keep the "they suck" and "Rick's a bitch" out of it. It only makes you look immature, and likely make Newtech nervous for when you decide to badmouth their shop.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

I wouldn't even wanna try idle tuning the 80s in a 346.

60s will be plenty in that thing.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ryarbrough
If he said that he's an idiot.... get a new tuner...
WTF?????? BAAAAWWWWAAAAAHAAAA!!!!! I agree lol he needs a new turner or the tuner needs to rethink what he is sayin lol. I push 60 # to near 900fwhp with a 10.9 afr with out meth on two pumps. Duty cycle was at 65 % and rail pressure was set at 50 psi at idle and 60 psi wot lol. Alos it still was kinda fat at idle lol. To the op man I would rethink the injectors or start buyin new sets of plugs now.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

I like my LITTLE set up. NEWTECH wants 80's or 60's I didnt make the choice, so i can have room to grow when i get my new head unit from procharger. Nick is a excellent tuner and can tune almost any injector according to him. I do have a big setup also (still waiting for my piston squirters, everything is paid for. Actually this car is the left over fail project at Synergy. Motor blew the day i got it home. well documented. I been a nice guy even paid him in advance. Thanks for the FireTurd Rick, camaro coming out soon. El camino's in the exhaust shop.I paid Rick before any work was preformed on my car. Rick is very unprofessional. sorry just calling it like I see it. Never meet a shop who didn't like money. I asked Nick at Newtch the same things about MY car and he even wrote down the things he wants me to do before i got back to the dyno next week. Once again thanks Rick you have pushed me to have more than i ever thought.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
WTF?????? BAAAAWWWWAAAAAHAAAA!!!!! I agree lol he needs a new turner or the tuner needs to rethink what he is sayin lol. I push 60 # to near 900fwhp with a 10.9 afr with out meth on two pumps. Duty cycle was at 65 % and rail pressure was set at 50 psi at idle and 60 psi wot lol. Alos it still was kinda fat at idle lol. To the op man I would rethink the injectors or start buyin new sets of plugs now.
Hey... I don't hold any punches. I'm just trying to help the OP out. I get tired of seeing people who claim to know everything about this platform misinforming others/customers about the needs of their setup
Old 01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

I didnt drag Rick into this, you did. Rick knows me, he knows people who knows me. After he found out who he ripped of he got scared and called the police on me. The only thing i ever asked of him was a tune. Go to any Performance shop in Oakland and ask them why they don't tune their cars with rick(has nothing to do with his equipment) I can rent the same machine and I own EfiLive V2 which is better than Hptuners.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

And yes I was banned from norcal-ls1 becasue Krazy Korean didn't beleive my classified ad and got his panies in a bunch. again more motivation Thanks guys.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

Nick is a excellent tuner and can tune almost any injector according to him.
I don't care how good the tuner is. You can only control an injector to a certain point. A 60 #er will idle right at 1 ms in a 346. An 80 #er will want to idle at less than 1 ms (roughly .6-.7 ms), and you just cannot control them at that low of a pulse width.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

I know about the firehose to fill the shotglass theory, as always guys seem so big and bad on the phone and behind the computer but in person its a differant story. Nick is the best tuner in the bay area period. I visited many shops. Goodies in San Jose is also top notch tuner
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I don't care how good the tuner is. You can only control an injector to a certain point. A 60 #er will idle right at 1 ms in a 346. An 80 #er will want to idle at less than 1 ms (roughly .6-.7 ms), and you just cannot control them at that low of a pulse width.
I agree here... IPW can only get so small while still reliably controlling the injector, and to a great extent it is a function of displacement, not power level.

By the way... I foresee a giant in the future of this thread. Call me a psychic...

Quick Reply: Dissapointed day at the Dyno