Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC or T-trim V3

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info. I currently have the Hooker conversion mount plates to use and was going to go with the Hooker headers. I'm looking at a setup over on lateral-g that a user, Jamess113 has on his car and he is using a C5 bracket. The inlet clearance is close with the radiator and looks like it requires planning for fan placement etc. But he has a nice hat on the inlet that comes right out into a 90 and points it away.

I haven't bought the accessories for the motor yet, but was planning on the GMPP kits that have the corvette accessory setup in them. Unless I go with the procharger bracket like the one you have.

Do you know if the dimensions are the same in your engine compartment as the Camaro? I'm guessing they are identical since they have the same subframe in them.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Sub frame is the same. Do you have the motor in your car yet? I have a mock up motor that I used to sort all my stuff out with. I like the BRP motor mounts but the transmission member was a joke. I made a nice starting point then I hacked it all up and made it work.
I can take a measurement for you if you want. Just let me know what you need.

Edit. I just checked out that build on lateral G. That car is sick but not to sure how efficient that inter cooler is. There was several things he could have done differently to make it flow better. Most of those cars on that site do get driven that often, however some of those guys beat the hell out of them. I bet its about 70 / 30. Those guys spend a ton of money on those cars then cobble up something like that inter cooler.

Last edited by jashell1562; 01-26-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Launching!

I actually don't have the motor in the car yet. The car is actually still at the body shop getting the initial primer on it. I'm just trying to get the blower/bracket figured out so when it comes back I'll have the major parts to start piecing together.

Interesting thoughts on the 'looks' vs 'functionality'. His car is pretty impressive with the way he has it setup, but I didn't pay too much attention to the intercooler. My plan was if I went with the pass blower, I would route out the blower, around and into pass side of intercooler (from side, not a 90) then out the driver around, and into the throttle body. IF that is doable, I would think it would flow pretty good and be fairly clean.

I like the fact that I KNOW the bracket/blower setup like yours would definitely fit, I just wish they had built it to put it on the pass side... LOL Or if you could get a head unit that had the output coming out the opposite side/top that would be perfect.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Jashell1562,

I just found on Vortech's website a dimension for the V-1 T-trim (no info on the V-3). It says it is 5.52" deep not including the input shaft. So, if you could measure from the front edge of your serpentine belt, to the radiator (which setup do you have by the way?) that might answer how much space there may or may not be in there.

Thanks for all of your helpful info!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jim98TA
Jashell1562,

I just found on Vortech's website a dimension for the V-1 T-trim (no info on the V-3). It says it is 5.52" deep not including the input shaft. So, if you could measure from the front edge of your serpentine belt, to the radiator (which setup do you have by the way?) that might answer how much space there may or may not be in there.

Thanks for all of your helpful info!
I am running a F body balancer so the accessory drive set up will be the same as a F body. I will go out and get some dimensions tomorrow and snap a couple of pics. I will get a couple of dimensions like block to the core support and what not also.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

I like the vortech setups, i am making 543hp 523tq on E-85 in colorado

Quick Reply: D1SC or T-trim V3