Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

It's Alive...and running great!!! DYNO VIDS UP

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Alive...and running great!!! DYNO VIDS UP

Well had a rough start at the dyno today. Had a 2 bar installed so my meth kit could run off of 5v signal and could go SD down road but couldnt get scaling right on the 2 bar with the MAF so put 1 bar back in and said hell with meth until I get a unit with a boost port and could get some more miles on the fresh engine. So we proceeded with a 1bar maf tune. Then we found Fuel line supplied to me was not submersible and was only getting 38psi out of both pumps. Pulled them on dyno to find lines ate up. So replaced them. Now we try to finally get it to idle out of 18:1 even though we were pouring it the fuel and still couldnt and fuel trim numbers were showing a major vacuum leak. After hunting it down and 8 hours later we find the factory vacuum line at back of intake was cracked somewhere down the line for the AC. We repair that and now we are off at like 4pm I was there at 8am. I put a 8psi spring in wastegate and turbo and bigger engine were eating it alive could only get 5psi off spring. So I kicked in the boost control and decided since it is a fresh engine we would tune to 8 psi. I will now order another spring, fix the methanol to run off boost port, fix vacuum leak, put some miles on fresh motor and come back in two weeks to tune it to around 15psi which was desired. Happy with the numbers for now and turned out to be a overall productive day.

I would like to THANK a few people who really deserve it. JOHN WEEKS is an awesome guy who gets bashed on here to often. This is my first time ever meeting the guy and he stuck with me through the start to finish. If your not a dick this guy could easily become your best friend. Im amazed by the few people on here who have anything else but good things to say. Was very knowlegable and might even become a good friend of mine. He went way beyond with my tune and lending hand. Price stayed the same. They had 5 tunes today and they stayed on my car from 8am to 6pm. These guys rearranged there whole day for me, not something you see everyday when they have 2k of tunes waiting behind mine. Thanks to Brad for keeping the shop clear for me despite my car having a few issues after a complete rebuild. Also thanks to Blake Barr for lending the tools. And the other John for his quick assistance.

So with out further adu here are the numbers today on 8psi and moderate timing will post the ones with meth and 13-15psi in two weeks

This dyno is also known to be stingee..
SAE: 535.53rwhp and 518.00rwtq @17.5 degrees
uncorrected: 557.99rwhp and 539.00 @17.5 degrees

Vids of tunes and graphs will come tommorrow

There dyno had a problem with the torque curves there wiring harness had a short so this is the best we had on torque by there graph. He said by the curve he could tell there was more there but this is the only solid number I could post. Max power was made at 4870rpm and max torque at 4620rpm also made over 400torque at as early as 2590rpm

Overall a good base tune, these are on stock 241 heads, stock fuel feed no return, stock intake, with stock manifolds. So Im amazed as a ported set of 243's will net me some more power and there is room to grow. Will keep you posted. Thanks to tech community for the help throughout this 7 month saga.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrUqSPWRs0

5psi run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMnykzXfEJA

8psi run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMT8PTO_lu4

Last edited by vipvegas; 02-19-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

15 heat cycles?????
Old 01-30-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I meant to say 5 not 15. But always on new engines after startup I run them thru a heat up and cool down cycle a few times. Then I will drain the Joe Gibbs breakin oil and put in fresh. During those I constantly am changing RPM and try to avoid idle for long. I like to let them heat up then cool down so all metal gets to expand and contract a few times also get to check for leaks. On the initial startup I run it about 20 minutes or so I believe in the first 10 minutes the rings are seated. Then I will drive them about 25 to 50 miles then let it eat on dyno. Although there are alot of ways to do it, this is mine. Alot of people will argue there way is better.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vipvegas
Well I meant to say 5 not 15. But always on new engines after startup I run them thru a heat up and cool down cycle a few times. Then I will drain the Joe Gibbs breakin oil and put in fresh. During those I constantly am changing RPM and try to avoid idle for long. I like to let them heat up then cool down so all metal gets to expand and contract a few times also get to check for leaks. On the initial startup I run it about 20 minutes or so I believe in the first 10 minutes the rings are seated. Then I will drive them about 25 to 50 miles then let it eat on dyno. Although there are alot of ways to do it, this is mine. Alot of people will argue there way is better.
Sounds good to me. I just read 15 and THAT definitly wasn't a routine I have heard before lol.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats man. I'm sure its going to pull nicely on the road. =]
Old 01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

nice build, and thats one mean poker face man lol

Last edited by IT_SS; 01-30-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First time using my new gopro hd didnt know it was on yet. Plus was trying to hide my **** eating grin.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

badass man, cant wait for tuned numbers
Old 01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

First time using my new gopro hd didnt know it was on yet. Plus was trying to hide my **** eating grin.
lol
Old 01-31-2010, 05:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me likey!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dyno numbers are up top...
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you should remove the pipe that goes up and over the axle, I would think less bends would be better for flow?

I did it in my set up and ran it like that for a long time. cheap help if you ask me
Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

What cam?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

EPP cam, stock 241's with dual gold valve springs, comp cams pushrods
Old 02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

EPP cam, stock 241's with dual gold valve springs, comp cams pushrods
The forced induction cam? Sounds good.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

EPP Blower / Forced Inductions cam. I love the sound.. And pulls like a raped ape mid to top end
Old 02-04-2010, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Congrads on getting it going, now let's see that dyno graph!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

UPDATE: Drove vehicle home today and on drive home popped a p0101 on my interceptor. When rolling into boost car falls flat on face like a boost hose has popped off, or you just shut fuel off. Wideband was reading 10.8:1 then bam nothing like hitting a brick wall. check all charge piping connections no leaks there. Going to change intake gaskets, check fuel pressure, check all vacuum connections, check and clean MAF and go from there. As we had a vacuum leak we found and fixed initially on dyno. Tuner has been very supportive and if all doesnt work out tommorrow I will be letting him scan it and try to duplicate it for him at his convienence. Plan on ditching the MAF and going SD soon anyway. Will update everyone when I get to the bottom of this.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if you read the post right above you know Im having issues already. Here is what I tried today and there is still a problem. Im at a loss and am looking for incite. Tuner will be looking at car monday or tuesday to see if it is a tuning issue which we dont think it is. Car ran fine on dyno. Any incite would help at this point. Thanks

cleaned MAF today, capped hvac port on intake, checked brake booster hose, shot carb cleaner around whole intake heavily car didnt miss a beat any more then it does. In first and second it bucks pretty bad and starts breaking up bad when rolling into throttle heavy, also replaced MAP sensor and made sure it was snug and tight. Im at a loss other then a tuning issue at the moment. Here are the MAP and MAF values at idle PLEASE HELP!! Could it be a bad o2 or exhaust leak at manifold my AIR block off plate on passenger side seems to smoke a little under engine pressure. Also after all said in done spent the 45 minutes and swapped intake gaskets. Still a problem

Map -14in/hg at idle
Maf 1.63-1.68 at idle
Old 02-05-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone got any ideas i could try this beast hasnt seen the street running right yet. Getting dissappointed. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: It's Alive...and running great!!! DYNO VIDS UP