Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rear mount gto build. :) LQx REBUILD TO COME

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lil of you one day...a lil of me the other...LOL..we are wrapping Friday I hope...still need to know if I need to tune after wrap...Im waiting on Zombie to get back to me or anyone else at that matter...Im thinking if in vacuum we are GOOD....
Old 02-22-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, Im bout done, Im trying to schedule a time to get the charge pipe made, hopefully this week. I have set a date for tuning March 6th. Hopefully my good buddy ross can get me on the dyno afterwords. lol. wish me luck. Ill have some more pics to post soon. i promise. lol
Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Nice, you need to hurry it up man haha
Old 04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Veteran

just thought id update, Shortly after the last post, id say a week or so, and i noticed my trans started slipping anytime i got into it. Quarter throttle or maybe a half, but none the less it was slipping.

so, may 3rd my yank converter should ship out to me, and from that point, ill put my fresh(er) trans in and button up this build. As i am getting sick of the BS. but what can i say. Good things come to those who wait

I Will be sure to update you all in a couple weeks, As i HAVE to have this thing done by the end of may. talk at ya'll soon.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

ok guys, well, i got my trans in the shop

Should be picking it tomorrow. and also i have gotten my fresh yank 3200 single disc lock up

so with all this said, i hope to be tuning within the week. I wont have dyno numbers, BUT, i will be running (hopefully, pending no disasters) july 3rd at the indy street car shoot out at O'Reilly raceway park in indianapolis. I have no clue what this thing will run. But im hoping to click off a mid to low eleven first run out.

oh, and finally redid my vinyl with actual pontiac font, lol

Old 06-14-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

UPDATE

Got the new trans installed tonight along with the yank 3200. I have never driven a stalled auto until tonight, and all i can say is wow, Cant wait till i can really hammer on this thing.

Also, i was mounting the turbo and noticed some things got tweaked during the exhaust install so i need to go back and get some pipes fixed. Then hopefully its off to the tuner this sat!!!!

Its been so long, and i cannot wait until this thing is finished.

new trans an stall just before installing My garage has gotten so messy in the last week. Cannot wait till i can pull it out for a couple hours to clean! i hate messy places lol

Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

how about some more pics of the plumbing. eh?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by speedfreak391
how about some more pics of the plumbing. eh?
Is there anything in particular youd like to see??
Old 06-15-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good job!
You really turned this around fast! My CF Driveshaft is coming in today for the TH400 and I should have my car running again by the weekend. This was the last pice to complete the build. I'm looking forward to my Yank Stalled auto as I've never driven a stalled car either. Good job on the build, I would'nt mind taking a look at the hot side plumbing either.

D
Old 06-15-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

right on guys, its on the first page, pics i think, its just a 3" Y pipe that bolts to a factory cat setup. But i have since removed the mids and went with 2 2.25" pipes that are heat wrapped, then it Ys together for the 3" piece that runs to the turbo.

BlwnLS1GTO- Do you think you might be able to get me a list of the stuff required for a th400 swap, I have a feeling that will be next on the list after the 4l60E FAILS. lol
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For some reason I thought you changed the setup at one point. Looks good.

The TH400 will need the following:

TH400. ( I found an Art Carr semi built with an Ultrabell, full auto locally for $400. Less than a year old in a mid 13 second Chevelle.
Shifter. I went with the Hurst Pro matic 2 since I used to own one on another car.
Dip stick. Milodon or Lokar.
Driveshaft. You know what this will cost at a minimum.
Converter. I found a used but great LS/TH400 Yank Eliminator 3600 on here for $500.
LS Specific Flex Plate that matches your converter mounting pads.
Tune, since you're an Automatic OS.
Misc. bolts, vacuum lines and wires.
If your 400 does'nt have a 40-tooth electronic reluctor wheel on it, you'll need one to operate your stock speedometer. 99 bucks for this.
Crossmember. Unfortunately, your stock crossmember will Not work. Only the M6's can be modified. I built one with 1 in. square tubing and 1/8 flat bar from Home Depot and a stock TH400 mount. I think G Force also sells these for 150.

I'm at around $2,700 for my setup with used parts!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see how you guys can make due without 4th gear? 130ish was the most I could get out of 3rd in my 4l65e and its gotten worse since the FTI stall went in. Speaking of which, I had never driven a stalled auto either until a few months ago. It took .3 off my 60 ft time which was awesome but other than being on the track I HATE IT. It would already be out of there if I wearnt to lazy...I paid $800 for it and I dont want it.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlwnLs1GTO
For some reason I thought you changed the setup at one point. Looks good.

The TH400 will need the following:

TH400. ( I found an Art Carr semi built with an Ultrabell, full auto locally for $400. Less than a year old in a mid 13 second Chevelle.
Shifter. I went with the Hurst Pro matic 2 since I used to own one on another car.
Dip stick. Milodon or Lokar.
Driveshaft. You know what this will cost at a minimum.
Converter. I found a used but great LS/TH400 Yank Eliminator 3600 on here for $500.
LS Specific Flex Plate that matches your converter mounting pads.
Tune, since you're an Automatic OS.
Misc. bolts, vacuum lines and wires.
If your 400 does'nt have a 40-tooth electronic reluctor wheel on it, you'll need one to operate your stock speedometer. 99 bucks for this.
Crossmember. Unfortunately, your stock crossmember will Not work. Only the M6's can be modified. I built one with 1 in. square tubing and 1/8 flat bar from Home Depot and a stock TH400 mount. I think G Force also sells these for 150.

I'm at around $2,700 for my setup with used parts!
I did change, i was going to build a front mount, lol. you actually bought some vbands off me when i sold everything i had before. THen i started over again. lol. i could never make up my mind. SO i finally decided i just be different and srew the naysayers and go rearmount, since i didnt own a mig welder. If i had, then i would likley be running a front mount right now.

but no big deal. i figure when i go forged 370 i will do a front mount then if at all. Im loving this 370 pt88 combo the fbody guys are using so much. seems like a really stout combo.

its been a blast so far, but been driving me crazy at the same time.

oh yeah, get that thing going man, i cannot wait to see some vids of that car running! do you have any time goals in mind yet??
Old 06-15-2010, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

ky...your little green lights on...you should be in bed...LMAO
Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 AM
TECH Veteran

i was actually lying in bed while posting that. GOTTA love smart phones
Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ericwilloughby
I dont see how you guys can make due without 4th gear? 130ish was the most I could get out of 3rd in my 4l65e and its gotten worse since the FTI stall went in. Speaking of which, I had never driven a stalled auto either until a few months ago. It took .3 off my 60 ft time which was awesome but other than being on the track I HATE IT. It would already be out of there if I wearnt to lazy...I paid $800 for it and I dont want it.
2.75 gears and 28" tall tires tame highway speed for me and still let me run low 10's. A set of 3.25's would make the car faster at the track, but hurt my highway rpm. Might give it a shot just to see the difference.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, it's not much of a DD anymore. So the benefits of low ET's outweigh the MPGs. But, I do plan to swap in either 3.08's or a Gear Vendors unit some day when I get sick of it.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Veteran

thought i had a trans failure at lunch! lol. All is good, I apparently didnt tighten the set screw on the shifter linkage enough and it came out. Whoosh! through it on the lift at work and adjusted it. all is good now

and eric, to answer your question, i dont need forth gear, i dont daily drive my car, I could if i wanted to, but i have a company vehicle, so its not a big deal to me.

zombie- Have you got a chance to get back to the track yet? cant wait to see you break into the 9s, unless i missed it somewhere already
Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Little more progress, Thanks again rich for making the 2 hour drive to help out. And dave for coming over after a 13 hour day at work.

oil pump is plumbed, oil feed is plumbed, turbo is mounted (still need to put gasket in)
Transgo VAC/Boost eliminator is in.
Boost and wide band gauge are up and running.
All that is left is to complete the wiring for the oil pump, which has been started. and change oil and fire this biotch up.

i should be driving it again come monday
Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Launching!

sick build man

Quick Reply: Rear mount gto build. :) LQx REBUILD TO COME