Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Incon TT build... slowly but surely

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll put it on the scale once I'm done building it to get the official "race weight" of my vehicle. It's one of those things I've always been curious about. My cold's about gone and I'm anxious to turn wrenches, about to get up and go do the damn thing! Will post up pics / progress tonight
Old 02-28-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Progress..... engine's almost ready to go back in the car, just doing a little last-minute parts buying and touch-up. I fixed the driver's side wastegate problem, still haven't figured out the passenger side dilemma yet. Trying to upload pics but I keep getting errors. Why isn't anything working for me this weekend?!?!?!? Ugh!!!
Attached Thumbnails Incon TT build... slowly but surely-sany0091.jpg  
Old 03-20-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, almost a month since I started this.... been away in North Carolina for a while, only had time to work on the car every other weekend. Pain in the ***, let me tell ya. It's getting close to being finished, if I'd only stop buying more stuff for the car it'd be done already Added to the original list are:

Snow Methanol Injection kit

Prothane Engine / Transmission mounts

Fittings, clamps, and hoses that were missing from the kit

V6 fuel lines (awaiting arrival so I can re-do my fuel setup... again )

2bar MAP sensor

..... and lots of patience. Doing this myself proved to be a little bit easier than I thought, but with all of the little things missing / overlooked and me being out of town, it's taking waaaaaaaaay longer than it should have. Hopefully the car will be up and killing by the middle of next month.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Coming down to the wire... got the gauges wired, most of the vacuum stuff's routed, and the harness is hooked back up except for a few little things. Like the IAC harness not being long enough It's literally 2cm away from connecting... I'm like what the **** ever you stupid harness. My biggest problem so far is the bumper not fitting correctly. I trimmed the hell out of it and it STILL WON'T GO ON!!!!! Byaaaawwwww!!! Hopefully the rest of my stuff makes it in by next weekend so I can finish putting my damn car back together........... I need more beer.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Update

This was a good / bad weekend.... started installing the valve covers & my new MSD ignition coils. Driver's side was a lil tight but it works fine. Passenger's side is an ultra-bitch though. Got the valve cover on after about an hour of trying to line up the bolts only to find out that the coil packs won't fit because of the turbo coolant feed flange I had to make is in the way 500 dollar valve covers and I can't ****** use em But it gets better... didn't put the O2 sensors in before installing the manifolds because I didn't have them at the time, figured they'd go in last or so right? WRONG!! Whoever came up with the placement for the O2 sensors on this kit needs to be shot in the dick with acid rounds. Didn't they figure that with routine maintenance these things would have to be changed out every 10,000 miles or so, give or take? You'd have to completely remove your driver's side manifold / turbo / whatever you have over there just to change out the O2 sensor. The passenger side can be done without removing the manifold, you'll just need a really short wrench and lots of patience. And something to throw that's not expensive when you get mad and curse the horsepower god. And the icing on the cake is that during the whole ordeal of trying to install the O2 sensors with the manifolds still on I stripped the driver's side one so now I figure I'll just drop the engine and make it easy on myself. And set myself back another weekend. Good news is, I saved a shitload of money by switching my insurance to Geico. And I got my tax money this weekend. Oh, and I got that passenger side O2 sensor in without removing the manifold. Take that INCON
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, and my bumper still doesn't fit I think I found a solution though
Old 03-29-2010, 06:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see some pics once its back in!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yoooo Tony! I called you earlier today, I was mailing my PCM to Steve for a base tune and I brain-farted and forgot the engine specs while I was filling out the mail order tune sheet at FedEx. I got em off my computer when I got back though so it's all good. I'll take some pics of the setup once I get back to Virginia this weekend.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:59 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds good! I bet you can't wait to get it back on the road.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Update

Got the engine out today, it took me 4 hours to do it by myself. An hour of that was spent trying to disconnect the slave cylinder from the hose . After that it was a whopping 10 MINUTES to install the O2 sensor. Didn't even have to tap it. Oh well, red or blue pill, you live and you learn right? Lol. Anyways, got some more goodies to add to the build list since I like to buy stuff when I'm bored:

Nitto NT-01 tires
Turbowerx scavenge pump to replace Tilton unit
Stock valve covers to replace my baller ones
Racetronix catch can finally arrived !!

Pics. Tomorrow. I promise this time lol.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are the V6 fuel lines a little bigger? I am using the stock feed lines with the evap as a return but haven't got the car totally up and running yet.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bluebird71
Are the V6 fuel lines a little bigger? I am using the stock feed lines with the evap as a return but haven't got the car totally up and running yet.
I hear they are, haven't picked them up yet from the dealer cuz I keep forgetting They have a return setup that hooks up to the tank without any modification, that's why I got em
Old 04-04-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I may look into that after I see how the current setup works out. What are you you doing for your exhaust.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Update

Engine's in... AGAIN!! Got it put back in the car yesterday, didn't do any wrenching today because I got a WICKED hangover from last night . Wastegate bracket on passenger side is incorrect and I need a new one, sooooo I decided yesterday that I was gonna say **** WASTEGATES and just wire em shut for now I'm sure the engine can handle it but I'll be extra careful with it till I can get it fixed. Turbowerx oil pump fits the Incon pump bracket nicely, no drilling required but have to re-do the oil lines coming from the scavenge tanks. I'll do that up next weekend. Gauges are installed, tires are on, and I got my base-tuned PCM from Frost today !! I'd say a good day or two of wrenching / cussing and she'll be ready for war! Wish I didn't have to go to this dumb *** class so I could get it done this week
Attached Thumbnails Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00559.jpg   Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00560.jpg   Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00561.jpg   Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00562.jpg   Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00563.jpg  

Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00564.jpg   Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00566.jpg   Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00567.jpg   Incon TT build... slowly but surely-dsc00565.jpg  
Old 04-04-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bluebird71
I may look into that after I see how the current setup works out. What are you you doing for your exhaust.
For my exhaust I'm just gonna keep my SLP Loudmouth for now and get a custom made Y-pipe. Might switch to something else later depending on how it sounds.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what tires are those ?
Old 04-04-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by elias_799
what tires are those ?
Those are Nitto NT-01's pimp
Old 04-11-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Update!!!

Fired it up for the first time today...... OH MY ****** GOD!!!!!! Anthony, I love you bro I think I need to take that engine to the hospital because IT'S ****** SICK!!! Still need to finish up the Alkycontrol install and get an exhaust before I get arrested... lol. I got everything mounted and the hoses ran, just need to hook up the boxes inside the car and do some miscellaneous hookups and tidying up on the car. Oh, and I still need to mount my damn bumper But I'll save that for last. Or else I'll probably get mad and sell my car. I didn't bring my camera today so no pics or video till next weekend I'll make sure to take some before I start doing any work though. See ya next weekend
Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Ha ha! Yeah, I loved that motor too! Money well spent right? Can you get a sound clip of it?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be EASY on it until we can look at it with a wideband (unless you have a wideband, and it looks good). Glad to hear that it is running!

Quick Reply: Incon TT build... slowly but surely