Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Tech Comparison GT35R--LG--APS(base)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^what email did you email peter on. i hate to say it. but i want BB. lol i would pay APS for gt35r turbos. so if you dont mind dropping me a pm. lol

or if i can ever get this worked out with Billet turbo. then i will just buy them. and they work with what i have. but i see where bluehawk is saying that the mit is going to be the restriction. and the gt35r wont be.

Bluehawk what did you guys do for the manifold?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

Also, i wonder if a person called APS and said" i have a C6 Z06 aps kit. and i ran my turbos out of oild and they are broke now. can i buy new ones please" what they would say. lol or say i got into a accedent and cracked my exhaust housings on my z06 kit. lol
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peter emailed me right before he left the board presumably for good. Actually it was pm not email..He offered me gt35.I have always got along pretty good with Peter but seriously I don't trust him or aps much anymore. They never took a stand on the knock off issue. never admitted or offered to help anyone with dud turbos.Fact he dodged just about every question anyone asked.I would not give them another dollar of my money ever. Hell will freeze over first. !If something from my kit dies that can't fix will buy another kit used if cant get the part or tear out entire system and get another kit or just sell my car buy a c7 and leave it bone stock. I have got a fortune into my car and sick of this modding stuff,its bottomless pit!

Ok here again is my opinion. You are stick. Do you really think you can stay stick at 1000rwhp ? You don't think you will switch over to auto? Have you already got all the stick stuff? I had tex twin and all that but still went to auto and am way way happier. No more clutches burning up, no crappy hydraulics with stupid slave INSIDE the tranny.
no more floater disc rattle, shifter rattle ,t56 gear rattle. No more hating heavy traffic, drive on hoists, LOVE MY AUTO. Will keep one car in my stable my 97 talon stick.
Anyway ok you are going to stay stick maybe. So you think BB will give faster spool. Not usually. I have had both in my talons. As said BB keeps you spooled up better between shifts ,you can powershift if you really want to stay spooled up better when racing. Driving around you don't see much difference when not going all out. BB as said is pretty sure not rebuildable non bb is.
But if you insist on BB and thought you were getting those billet ones from that custom company here is maybe another angle. LG gets their turbos from Forced Performance. FP won't sell you the LG version directly. But they might custom you up some GT35 R to work with aps setup. They know exactly what to do as their LG are directly compatible with new housing and bolt in to existing aps exhaust housing.Just a thought. But seriously dude have you ever been in a car with plus 600rwhp even? This is my first one and I am 52 and been in lots of fast cars in my life and this one can scare me even at 7.5 on the stock aps turbos. With a 402 or bigger these builds laugh at nittos till middle or top of third, they will eat thru a et street radials if you dd them bet you will be lucky to get even 5000 miles. Take it up to 1000rwhp and well doubt you will be going past half throttle that much. But anyway try FP. Don't bother trying to deal with Peter. He don't deserve another dollar of business from us or anyone else. He really blew it . As I go out of my way to tell people that APS has zero customer service after the sale.
I used to hope Peter was not top dog at APS but from research it appears him and supercrook Dave Inall are the top guys. Sad but true. Seen both in mag articles talking about APS. The only saving grace is most of the kit is decently thought out and good quality and it can work well with some tweaks and the likely for sure needed turbo upgrade. I am still actually running the stock turbos. My lg are in the box and will go on soon. But they are still boosting. But I kept them at 7.5 so that is likey reason.
Got about 5000 miles on them. So maybe all the kits didn't get knock offs. Still have had to run them oil cooled since one had internal leak from day one that would pump more coolant thru my oil if didn't run the oil cooling only. But the 20g can be oil cooled only the water cooling is optional.

Anyway good luck on your build APS broh but really with the money you spent if FP won't sell you pretty much plug and play GT35RS then just pony up ,get the LG and think you will be happy camper. I would feel ok running the LG on my 408 or even up to a 427 . Besides you don't have to rev these big engines to 10k to make power. You can set them to 6000, 6500 and still have plenty. I have nicknamed my 99TT "Death Wish " and hope that don't turn out to be true. The thing is damn viscous. I cant imagine the bigger LG on a simlar engine at like 18psi. Crazy crazy..

Let us know after you contact Forced Performance what they say about building GT35R to work with aps. I don't want to bother with BB but am curious.And if you really want to know the future of turbocharging some bright engineer needs to make a full magnetic bearing turbocharger. No oil cooling or water cooling would be needed.And with no friction on magnetically floating bearings they would spool up insane quick and install would be so simple and they should be absolutely dead reliable. No oil starvation, no overheating,coking up from oil. no oil burning out the back problem ,no water or oil leaking out the bottom. no mess from the oil. That will be turbos golden age.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Peter emailed me right before he left the board presumably for good. Actually it was pm not email..He offered me gt35.I have always got along pretty good with Peter but seriously I don't trust him or aps much anymore. They never took a stand on the knock off issue. never admitted or offered to help anyone with dud turbos.Fact he dodged just about every question anyone asked.I would not give them another dollar of my money ever. Hell will freeze over first. !If something from my kit dies that can't fix will buy another kit used if cant get the part or tear out entire system and get another kit or just sell my car buy a c7 and leave it bone stock. I have got a fortune into my car and sick of this modding stuff,its bottomless pit!

Ok here again is my opinion. You are stick. Do you really think you can stay stick at 1000rwhp ? You don't think you will switch over to auto? Have you already got all the stick stuff? I had tex twin and all that but still went to auto and am way way happier. No more clutches burning up, no crappy hydraulics with stupid slave INSIDE the tranny.
no more floater disc rattle, shifter rattle ,t56 gear rattle. No more hating heavy traffic, drive on hoists, LOVE MY AUTO. Will keep one car in my stable my 97 talon stick.
Anyway ok you are going to stay stick maybe. So you think BB will give faster spool. Not usually. I have had both in my talons. As said BB keeps you spooled up better between shifts ,you can powershift if you really want to stay spooled up better when racing. Driving around you don't see much difference when not going all out. BB as said is pretty sure not rebuildable non bb is.
But if you insist on BB and thought you were getting those billet ones from that custom company here is maybe another angle. LG gets their turbos from Forced Performance. FP won't sell you the LG version directly. But they might custom you up some GT35 R to work with aps setup. They know exactly what to do as their LG are directly compatible with new housing and bolt in to existing aps exhaust housing.Just a thought. But seriously dude have you ever been in a car with plus 600rwhp even? This is my first one and I am 52 and been in lots of fast cars in my life and this one can scare me even at 7.5 on the stock aps turbos. With a 402 or bigger these builds laugh at nittos till middle or top of third, they will eat thru a et street radials if you dd them bet you will be lucky to get even 5000 miles. Take it up to 1000rwhp and well doubt you will be going past half throttle that much. But anyway try FP. Don't bother trying to deal with Peter. He don't deserve another dollar of business from us or anyone else. He really blew it . As I go out of my way to tell people that APS has zero customer service after the sale.
I used to hope Peter was not top dog at APS but from research it appears him and supercrook Dave Inall are the top guys. Sad but true. Seen both in mag articles talking about APS. The only saving grace is most of the kit is decently thought out and good quality and it can work well with some tweaks and the likely for sure needed turbo upgrade. I am still actually running the stock turbos. My lg are in the box and will go on soon. But they are still boosting. But I kept them at 7.5 so that is likey reason.
Got about 5000 miles on them. So maybe all the kits didn't get knock offs. Still have had to run them oil cooled since one had internal leak from day one that would pump more coolant thru my oil if didn't run the oil cooling only. But the 20g can be oil cooled only the water cooling is optional.

Anyway good luck on your build APS broh but really with the money you spent if FP won't sell you pretty much plug and play GT35RS then just pony up ,get the LG and think you will be happy camper. I would feel ok running the LG on my 408 or even up to a 427 . Besides you don't have to rev these big engines to 10k to make power. You can set them to 6000, 6500 and still have plenty. I have nicknamed my 99TT "Death Wish " and hope that don't turn out to be true. The thing is damn viscous. I cant imagine the bigger LG on a simlar engine at like 18psi. Crazy crazy..

Let us know after you contact Forced Performance what they say about building GT35R to work with aps. I don't want to bother with BB but am curious.And if you really want to know the future of turbocharging some bright engineer needs to make a full magnetic bearing turbocharger. No oil cooling or water cooling would be needed.And with no friction on magnetically floating bearings they would spool up insane quick and install would be so simple and they should be absolutely dead reliable. No oil starvation, no overheating,coking up from oil. no oil burning out the back problem ,no water or oil leaking out the bottom. no mess from the oil. That will be turbos golden age.
fastest car i have been in was a procharged c6 with just over 6 to the wheels. insane quick.

now you will i sstay stick. Yes i will. i have a hell of a trany. it shouldnt have all the problems the previous model had. plus as long as i can get teh luanch right. beating the turbo stick record should be in reach.

now do i need 1000 horse? No of coarse not. do i want it? yes. this car is a statment of what my company can do. i think the daily driving of motor plus 10psi will be gods plenty. but go to shows and stuff with a dyno. and push the psi up. that is what i want.

on ball bearing subjuct. is it needed? No. will LG work fine? Yes. but BB normally last longer, correct? and they dont take near as much oil. both are a plus. please in the street world saying you have twin GT35R turbos is a big statement. you say i have twin 20g and people are like "what?" but everyone knows what a GT35 is.

i am just looking at options. it will be end of may before i am ready to dump normall APS turbos( unless they die sooner) so i have some time to look for options.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be dialing in think around 800rwhp for daily use and also would like to get maybe 1000rwhp on dyno for bragging rights.I am tryings strategies to hook the car up. Trying ramping by gear or gear for street, by time for track. I am going to try using my auto torque management and might get racelogic add on variable traction control.I have et street radials for track and some off track. Car will be retired from track after hopefully getting a 9.xx. Also think going to try running some toyo tq drag radials supposed to last a bit longer then et streets and work better in rain,supposedly pretty quiet and hopefully can handle not bad in corners not just straight lines.Nittos didn't work so great even at 7.5psi. they do work in rain,can last the longest of et street radials or toyos but can crack up in cold temps that sometimes drive my car in.

Anyway not sure if BB last longer. Non BB mits last 100,000s of miles in my talons. I have had many talons with super high mileage and the original mits 14b are still trucking just fine. As said they are a bit better though the BB in a manual car. Just don't expect to see like 1000 rpm faster spool. I do know think that bb custom place said they had way quicker spool but going from a gt35R BB to a non BB same turbo basically really not that much quicker spool. Faster transient though ,quicker recovery between shifts on auto.Which could be accomplished by simply power shifting. My talons software tuning has feature called no lift to shift. Does pretty much same thing. Also if you want to leave quick off the line with manual two step might give you 3 to 5psi. Antilag like lingenfelter has on the lnc002 can give you way more boost.Standalones like big stuff 3 might have antilag function not sure.Antilag is mostly only needed in manual cars.
Also small shots of nitrous will instant spool up bigger turbos.
But with our 40x size engines spool up will be quick anyway.

Let me know if you check with FP what they say about making bolt on GT35Rs.
Yes people know the GT35R number . But most dsm guys have for sure heard of the 20g. The 20g are smaller of course in airflow stock than gt35R which thought were rated at 75 lb/min but not sure. The LG are rated at 70lb/min and that is enough for around 1400 engine hp. And really if you go much past 1000rwhp time to really upgrade fuel setup to like custom sumped tank, at least 10 an feed and wouldn't necessarily feel to good going past 1000rwhp without LSX block and 6 bolt heads.
But even 800rwhp is plenty nuts for a street car and think 800 plus will still be running low 9s?

Anyway again best of luck with your build Big Bird.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I will be dialing in think around 800rwhp for daily use and also would like to get maybe 1000rwhp on dyno for bragging rights.I am tryings strategies to hook the car up. Trying ramping by gear or gear for street, by time for track. I am going to try using my auto torque management and might get racelogic add on variable traction control.I have et street radials for track and some off track. Car will be retired from track after hopefully getting a 9.xx. Also think going to try running some toyo tq drag radials supposed to last a bit longer then et streets and work better in rain,supposedly pretty quiet and hopefully can handle not bad in corners not just straight lines.Nittos didn't work so great even at 7.5psi. they do work in rain,can last the longest of et street radials or toyos but can crack up in cold temps that sometimes drive my car in.

Anyway not sure if BB last longer. Non BB mits last 100,000s of miles in my talons. I have had many talons with super high mileage and the original mits 14b are still trucking just fine. As said they are a bit better though the BB in a manual car. Just don't expect to see like 1000 rpm faster spool. I do know think that bb custom place said they had way quicker spool but going from a gt35R BB to a non BB same turbo basically really not that much quicker spool. Faster transient though ,quicker recovery between shifts on auto.Which could be accomplished by simply power shifting. My talons software tuning has feature called no lift to shift. Does pretty much same thing. Also if you want to leave quick off the line with manual two step might give you 3 to 5psi. Antilag like lingenfelter has on the lnc002 can give you way more boost.Standalones like big stuff 3 might have antilag function not sure.Antilag is mostly only needed in manual cars.
Also small shots of nitrous will instant spool up bigger turbos.
But with our 40x size engines spool up will be quick anyway.

Let me know if you check with FP what they say about making bolt on GT35Rs.
Yes people know the GT35R number . But most dsm guys have for sure heard of the 20g. The 20g are smaller of course in airflow stock than gt35R which thought were rated at 75 lb/min but not sure. The LG are rated at 70lb/min and that is enough for around 1400 engine hp. And really if you go much past 1000rwhp time to really upgrade fuel setup to like custom sumped tank, at least 10 an feed and wouldn't necessarily feel to good going past 1000rwhp without LSX block and 6 bolt heads.
But even 800rwhp is plenty nuts for a street car and think 800 plus will still be running low 9s?

Anyway again best of luck with your build Big Bird.
for the spool up. billet turbo did say there ball bearing 20g turbos hit full bost 5-600 rpm quicker than jorunal.

and i have the block to take it abuse. mightymouse has pushed his ERL block past 1100 wheel horse. the 6 bolt heads would be nice. but i think my AFR will hold up fine. time will tell. i never want to push my motor above 20psi any ways.

but yeah i will call FP and see what they say it is a good idea.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Banned

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=FLS

^^^ this is what FP said i would need to get the GT35 to work in my car. Bluehawk. is that what you guys did. and make custome down pipe set up?

What do you guys think of this option. i will do some more digging. but it mgiht work. just need to fill and redrill the inlet flange
Old 04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...35-option.html

thought i would post this in here. need yours guys input

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Comparison GT35R--LG--APS(base)