Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Progressive boost for the street.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tiago..BUDDY!! Please share with us how to do this. Do you know how to do it on my 4l80, but sure the m6 guys also want to know precisely. As said think saw video on you tube or LG site but it was for sure a six speed boost by gear on eboost2.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do it a little different on my rx7, no fancy electronic expensive controllers for me. I keep it simple, use 2 manual boost controllers, two gm boost solenoids, and I have 2 push buttons(one on the wheel and one on the floor). This gives me 3 boost settings when I want them as sometimes the road conditions change and what you have set in your controller doesn't work. Also I run a button on my shifter to pull out 10 degrees timing to get the car to hook back up, this works really well so far. My biggest problem is a car that should go 150+ easily this year and only 1100lbs over the rear tires instead of all the weight like the fbodies have in them and making it work on a non prepped street.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a nice setup.I like the idea of being totally mechanical.Did you use solinoids from a Grand National?Which boost valves did you use?Maybe you could post some pics or explain in more detail.Thanks for the info.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 396375
Sounds like a nice setup.I like the idea of being totally mechanical.Did you use solinoids from a Grand National?Which boost valves did you use?Maybe you could post some pics or explain in more detail.Thanks for the info.
I don't have any picture, yes its just the normal gm boost solenoids from a sy/ty setup. When it has no power to it it flows straight from the turbo to the wastegate. When I push my button and it has power to the boost noid, it goes from the turbo, through a manual boost controller, then to the wastegate.

Quick Reply: Progressive boost for the street.