Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

No factory traction control can I use trans torque management as poor mans traction c

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default No factory traction control can I use trans torque management as poor mans traction c

My car made some reasonable power last few seasons at minimum boost with standard aps turbos. Traction was problem with nittos when car was six speed hooking up usually by middle of third.Never tried et street radials though.
This season am upping boost quite a bit ,have the bigger LG turbos on order,do have some et street radials for track and bit of street and am trying ramping by gear and rpm but expect by gear to be best on street and maybe by time to be best on track.
Wondering and think have heard that some guys use trans torque management as traction aid. Since am now auto is this a viable option . Anyone using this successfully. I was looking into maybe adding a variable traction control made by racelogic in europe but its pricey and not that plug and play.
If the boost ramping combined with some judicious use of trans torque management does a good job then maybe that is way to go. I could also get traction control in standalones like big stuff 3 but my car is not that hardcore for track use and don't think really want/ need that level of complexity and expense for ecu setup.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
My car made some reasonable power last few seasons...

sorry... that quote is just hilarious...
Old 03-28-2010, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Nittos have to go. You'll get a lot more bite with Mickey's or maybe those new Nittos I saw advertised. I would think it would be hard to dial in but you might as well give it a try. I have two sets of wheels, the stockers (widened with M/T 315's) and 15" Bogarts with 28" tires which make a world of difference.

Quick Reply: No factory traction control can I use trans torque management as poor mans traction c