Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Still having issues after Procharger install

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That O2 sensor for bank 1...Is that the right side?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was thinking bank 1 was the left side? Not sure...

Definitely not the MAF either. Just swapped another one on, same symptoms.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Launching!

What do you think about that sensor then from the data that you got? Could it be a bad O2 sensor?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya why is the short trim different for each bank? Im not too well versed in tuning but they should be close to the same right?

I have some extra o2s lying around if you wanna try it out.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:02 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Both O2 banks acted the same, so I don't know. This stuff is greek to me anyways.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

The fuel trims are going to vary slightly between banks......what do the trims do while u give it gas and u get the hesitation?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XtremeDime
Ya why is the short trim different for each bank? Im not too well versed in tuning but they should be close to the same right?

I have some extra o2s lying around if you wanna try it out.
That's what I was thinking.... When did you change over to headers?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevybowtie
That's what I was thinking.... When did you change over to headers?
Right after I got the car. The headers have been on since last fall.

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
The fuel trims are going to vary slightly between banks......what do the trims do while u give it gas and u get the hesitation?
I'll have to go back down and look again. Give me a few minutes...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Launching!

So do think the bank giving the most variance could be the culprit side?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

no, fuel trims are going to vary between banks.....I am friends with Steve (Frost) and watch him tune many cars (and try to understand)

if they are way different than that would indicate a problem but other than that, the trims should just bounce around close to zero (but don't forget this is a start up tune).

The procharged black camaro I just built had a start up tune on it and the trims were swinging from -30 to +30 and car still ran alright

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...c-build-7.html
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

During the hesitation, not much difference. Maybe swings -2 or so more on both banks. But if I try to hold rpms at 2000, and the surging starts, then the Bank 2 side swings all the way to -12.5 while the Bank 1 side stays at -3.0 or so. Make anything of that?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

What is the tps voltage when u step on the gas? Does it read at all? Also do u have o2 extensions on the car ? if so they are garbage, not saying thats ur problem but I would get rid of them bosch 13111 o2 will work just fine. Disconect the pressure guage and put a manual one on there to see if the readings are the same. If there is little to no carbon build up I think its not getting enough fuel.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Well I'm not sure that is something to worry about...still doesn't seem like too much of a variance

What exactly did you change on the car since the last time it ran? Steve knows his stuff when it comes to procharger cars......he has a LOT of time in mine as well as MANY others.....so if he says it's not in the tune, then you can believe it.......I will do my best to help figure out whats wrong

Did you buy new 60lb injectors? are you sure they are the brand you believe them to be?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
What is the tps voltage when u step on the gas? Does it read at all? Also do u have o2 extensions on the car ? if so they are garbage, not saying thats ur problem but I would get rid of them bosch 13111 o2 will work just fine. Disconect the pressure guage and put a manual one on there to see if the readings are the same. If there is little to no carbon build up I think its not getting enough fuel.
+1 try a new set of o2's and check tps voltage as you give it gas (car can be off for this)

Last edited by AFASTYZFR1; 03-30-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Kyle...Clean out your inbox man. Sorry on forward.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Launching!

I did a search for the p0300 on here even though your not spitting out that code anymore. It seems like the causes where bad o2's, vacuum leak, plugged cat, or bad coil. I think we narrowed out the vacuum leak. If it was a coil then it would at least spit out another code? So only two left....
Old 03-30-2010, 11:09 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevybowtie
I did a search for the p0300 on here even though your not spitting out that code anymore. It seems like the causes where bad o2's, vacuum leak, plugged cat, or bad coil. I think we narrowed out the vacuum leak. If it was a coil then it would at least spit out another code? So only two left....
And the cats are brand new. They have less than 500 miles on them...bought from TSP as catted Y pipe.

+1 try a new set of o2's and check tps voltage as you give it gas (car can be off for this)
TPS voltage goes up as I apply throttle. Just checked that as well.

Well I'm not sure that is something to worry about...still doesn't seem like too much of a variance

What exactly did you change on the car since the last time it ran? Steve knows his stuff when it comes to procharger cars......he has a LOT of time in mine as well as MANY others.....so if he says it's not in the tune, then you can believe it.......I will do my best to help figure out whats wrong

Did you buy new 60lb injectors? are you sure they are the brand you believe them to be?
Asides from the addition of the Procharger kit...Warlboro 255, Racetronix hotwire kit, 60lb injectors, !AIR, NGK TR6s, and gauges.

I bought new injectors off a forum member who regularly sells them in the classifieds. I was told they were Siemens Deka 60lb injectors. Let me check to see if there's a number on them I can cross-reference to be sure. And let me just tell you...if they aren't Siemens Deka 60lb injectors, I'm going to be super-f'n-pissed off.

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
TPS voltage goes up steadily as I apply throttle. I do have O2 extensions on the car for the front O2s. I will check on the fuel pressure. There is ZERO buildup on the plugs.

I will pull the O2 sensors and the extensions and examine them, and clean the connectors and see what happens. I surely hate to throw money at this problem and just buy 2 new O2 sensors for nothing.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Hey on a good note. Seems like we are narrowing the problem down.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come in town and steal a couple of my o2s, theyre yours if you want em. I think they sell for 50 each at NAPA
Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

Do you know anyone with HPtuners/efilive? That could easily tell you how your 02's are doing, among other things.

Quick Reply: Still having issues after Procharger install