Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll use my car as a guinea pig! My motor is out waiting for a heart transplant. Tell me what cube motor you want to see in there and we can get started.

I have full faith in Chris and his fab skills. I am not far from him so he will be able to see everthing fisrt hand if I can get this kit on my car.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Our head Fabricator got married and went on vacation for a few weeks. When he gets back he'll be fully rested and ready to get this done!!!
Geesh! Good timing. That s#!t can wait for this!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lazylongboarder
Geesh! Good timing. That s#!t can wait for this!
hey when u find the "one" u have to get her and marry her quick before some one else gets her
Old 05-19-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
hey when u find the "one" u have to get her and marry her quick before some one else gets her
Believe you me This one doesn't give a **** about the car!

Anyways, let us know when there's an update
Old 05-20-2010, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I'll use my car as a guinea pig! My motor is out waiting for a heart transplant. Tell me what cube motor you want to see in there and we can get started.

I have full faith in Chris and his fab skills. I am not far from him so he will be able to see everthing fisrt hand if I can get this kit on my car.
Chris and I discussed it and a week or two after Chris gets back we are going to invite 87silverbullet over to the shop so an LS1tech member can see it in person. I am sure he will have some very interesting things to post after he visits us...
Old 05-21-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, this is like being a kid on Christmas Eve! I wanna see this kit soooo bad.

Hey, Chris if you're reading this. Hurry up and make a baby and get back to work on this kit!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:28 PM
FormerVendor

He read it and he's laughin'
Old 05-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

the one and only thing (kit unseen) that will keep me from buying is loosing the spare tire, would like to see somethig under the gas tank in the rear

no spare tire is fine until you need it... then you're screwed... middle of the night 100 miles from home

your plan seems good, until this point

I jumped on the APS kit (first 50, still in the box) will not do this again unless I can get a 100% unobtrusive kit

Last edited by bigblueturtle; 05-23-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
the one and only thing (kit unseen) that will keep me from buying is loosing the spare tire, would like to see somethig under the gas tank in the rear

no spare tire is fine until you need it... then you're screwed... middle of the night 100 miles from home

you have a point
but the water to air intercooler is a great option!
Old 05-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
you have a point
but the water to air intercooler is a great option!

having a spare tire when you need it is great option too

under the gas tank, 3-4 inches deep X 3-4 feet long X 3-4 feet wide will provide huge capacity, use the rubber gromet in the same area as the filler (access inside the car), with easy access under the rear for the drain

longer, wider, thinner reservoir= more surface area= more heat dissapation... back there you could even add a heat sink to the reservoir... or even use a radiator-like device as the reservoir, small cooling fans... the options are endless back there because there is much more room versus inside the car

retain A/C and spare tire

Last edited by bigblueturtle; 05-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

having a spare tire when you need it is great option too

under the gas tank, 3-4 inches deep X 3-4 feet long X 3-4 feet wide will provide huge capacity, use the rubber gromet in the same area as the filler (access inside the car), with easy access under the rear for the drain

longer, wider, thinner reservoir= more surface area= more heat dissapation... back there you could even add a heat sink to the reservoir... or even use a radiator-like device as the reservoir, small cooling fans... the options are endless back there because there is much more room versus inside the car

retain A/C and spare tire
only issue I see, is its an aluminum setup. Run over something sharp, it could puncture it. It is a good idea though.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reamo04
only issue I see, is its an aluminum setup. Run over something sharp, it could puncture it. It is a good idea though.
What on earth are you running over? This is for f-bodies not 4x4's.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 PM
FormerVendor

There are compromises with everything you do.
We asked board members where they would like to have the A/W tank
and 99% preferred the spare tire area.

If the spare tire tank doesn’t suit your needs it’s not that big of a deal.

There is no way to please every one.

We asked board members what they preferred out of the 2 tank locations
and the spare tire area was the most popular. After we considered it further we have found a solution, the tank will be dual compatible between the spare tire area and the T-Top storage compartment. The tank will have 2 sets of mounting brackets that will allow you to mount in 2 different places.

There problem solved
Old 05-23-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
What on earth are you running over? This is for f-bodies not 4x4's.
ever seen a 4x4 fall out of a truck and go under a sport car? I watched a vette go through that scenario about a year ago, BIG mess. What you need to consider, is there needs to be room for the pump in the tank too. Also, if you designed it around a stock fuel tank, what happens if somebody is running a sumped tank?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by reamo04
ever seen a 4x4 fall out of a truck and go under a sport car? I watched a vette go through that scenario about a year ago, BIG mess. What you need to consider, is there needs to be room for the pump in the tank too. Also, if you designed it around a stock fuel tank, what happens if somebody is running a sumped tank?
WTF?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 AM
Staging Lane

There are compromises with everything you do.
We asked board members where they would like to have the A/W tank
and 99% preferred the spare tire area.

If the spare tire tank doesn’t suit your needs it’s not that big of a deal.

There is no way to please every one.

We asked board members what they preferred out of the 2 tank locations
and the spare tire area was the most popular. After we considered it further we have found a solution, the tank will be dual compatible between the spare tire area and the T-Top storage compartment. The tank will have 2 sets of mounting brackets that will allow you to mount in 2 different places.

There problem solved

... not bashing your work, just providing feedback. True... you cannot please everybody.

I understand that you gave board members a choice (thanks), but I think neither of the choices are optimal. Kinda like asking the question, "Would you like a broken left thumb or a broken right thumb?" Some will choose left, some will choose right... but it still sucks either way.

With respect to daily driven cars, I believe that most everybody would like to keep their spare tire and have a place to put their T-Tops.

If the kit turns out good, I may still buy one... I'll just put a reservoir somewhere else and rework the plumbing. I would rather do this than mess with the APS kit I have... all the #)&*$# problems that kit has... I learned a valuable less there.

Last edited by bigblueturtle; 05-24-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure for every possible location somebody can provide a crappy situation for it. Rob has built and is building the kit with what feedback he has been given (who else has done this?). With everything you buy that isn't a direct factory bolt on you will have compromises.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I jumped on the APS kit (first 50, still in the box) will not do this again unless I can get a 100% unobtrusive kit
wtf?? If you're THAT worried about getting a flat, either use runflats or get AAA.

So you'll build a motor, tranny, rear, fuel system, etc to support a twin turbo setup, but you're unwilling to lose the posi-killing spare tire?

...just wow
Old 05-24-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

... PS: We will have 2 completed kits available in MAY ...
Then you should have something to share since May is over in one week!!! I mean ****, it's like there was an oil spill in the Gulf slowing down progress or something... This reminds me of those billion dollar DoD pet projects: overall cost keeps increasing, schedule keeps slipping to the right, lots of promises, and the customer never ends up with a product! hahaha

Okay, jokes aside... pics!

seriously.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ec_nova
wtf?? If you're THAT worried about getting a flat, either use runflats or get AAA.

So you'll build a motor, tranny, rear, fuel system, etc to support a twin turbo setup, but you're unwilling to lose the posi-killing spare tire?

...just wow
I was simply providing feedback to Modular Turbo; they responded… so it’s done. I hope their kit turns out good. However, if the reservoir isn’t where I want it, I’ll either move it or get one made… I haven’t yet given up amenities due to modifications… I’m not going to start now.

This isn’t an around-and-around the block in Maitland, FL type of car. I do long trips all over the UK and into mainland Europe… so, yes… I am THAT worried about having a spare with me.

Correct, I will build a motor, tranny, rear, fuel system, etc, to support a twin turbo setup, but I am unwilling to lose the spare or T-Top area… it’s my car… I decide what’s important.

My opinion is my opinion, I’m entitled to it; don’t feel the need to correct it. If you disagree, do it quietly.

Have a good day.

Quick Reply: Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!