Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What will happen if I run without the MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TC2 does not have the hacked SD bins supported yet (at least natively), so I think that you are SOL if he is going to try to tune SD with a TC2.

I will say having tuned a few SD cars.. It is not that hard. If you can get it close enough to just run at all, you can easily toss a tune together on it in a few hours of street driving, less if you have some experience feeling out the map.

The nice thing about SD tuning is the fact that most of the air density calculations are pretty well set from the factory, so you can get away with tuning 1 table, and making sure that the PE settings are correct.

You LSx guys sure can make a big deal out of editing some tables in a PCM... I am also willing to bet if ANYONE has a TC2, they know their stuff when it comes to tuning, anything.

To the original post... You could clamp a maf sensor onto the compressor intake, and splice in the wires if you are really hell bent on driving it there. Put a brick and a dozen eggs under the gas pedal... Going too far into boost would be no fun on a stock tune.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tunercat works just fine for us, 800+hp SD. Only difference is there is not as many "internet tuners" using it as HPT or EFI. Although HPT and EFI have really cool custom operating systems and scanners.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Tunercat works just fine for us, 800+hp SD. Only difference is there is not as many "internet tuners" using it as HPT or EFI. Although HPT and EFI have really cool custom operating systems and scanners.
SD enhanced / 2bar?, or do you just run a stock bin with the maf code disabled?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by elias_799
^^^^
Was this for me?

Quick Reply: What will happen if I run without the MAF?