Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AEM Tru-boost help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Tru-boost help

So on the Tru-boost instructions is says to hook up Port 1 of the solenoid to "turbo pressure," Port 2 to "top can of wastegate," and Port 3 is just a sintered muffler. There is then a picture that shows Port 2 connected to the top of the wastegate (easy enough), then Port 1 has a line coming off it that tee's off and shows 1 line going to a fitting on a turbo itself (cold side) and 1 line going to the bottom of the wastegate. So my question is, do I have to have both lines hooked up to get the "turbo pressure?" Or do I just need one or the other? My turbo does not have a fitting on it like in the picture, which is what is confusing me right now. Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your gate should have a port on top and one on the side. I belive most have the port on top for pressure and the port on the side to regulate. Its ok if your turbo dosent have the pressure fitting on the cold side. I ran mine with out using the pressure fitting on the turbo and it made boost just fine. I also used a jgs gate.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Ya, mine has 2 ports, one on the top and one on the side. So ill be fine just putting port 1 on the side of the WG?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No u have to use both ports. Port one one the boost controller noid is the input to give the signal pressure the out put that is right across from it is the out put that reverts pressure over the gate spring to regulate the pressure. That port should connect to the top port of the gate. to complete the loop. the port on the side of the gate gives the pressure reading. Then the boost controller noid recives that and on the out put side of the noid send a pressure signal to the top of the gate where the spring is to provide more pressure or less.

Give me the type of gate u have.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

ya, thats pretty much what i said:

Port 1 goes to the side of the WG

Port 2 goes to the top of the WG.

My biggest question was for Port 1 do I have to tee off that line to the turbo AND the side of the WG. Now I know I just have to plug port 1 into the side of the WG, Port 2 to the top of the WG, and Im done. Right?

Quick Reply: AEM Tru-boost help